Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I got every medal in this a few times back in the day. I don't know if it was a bug or a flaw in the game cartridge or what, but I lost all my save data a couple of times and "had" to get them all again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It tells you how to get the extra paths in the instruction manual. I don't know how you would figure out the alternate Corneria path otherwise. You might be able to figure out that there's something special with the Macbeth train switches, because they stand out more than the Corneria arches. The secret route in Meteo and Sector X kind of feel like they're meant to be more obscure. The rest of the alternate routes are just a matter of doing the mission well.

A few of these bosses can go down shockingly fast, like that first guy, and I've wondered if I were to do an LP, would I just kill them or let them survive a while to show off their attacks.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I didn't know Slippy would make an appearance if he was taken out beforehand. That's hilarious.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
First time at played this was when a friend brought it to my house. We got to Venom easily and couldn’t figure out how to beat Andross. We thought we had to do the bomb attack in his mouth, and as the fight stretched on and we farmed bombs from the rocks, we wondered if we just had to do it a certain number of times or do something while he was stunned or what. We never just shot him in the eyes before getting tired of it.

On expert mode, easy Venom is the hardest level in the game IMO. Just a constant stream of lasers catching you in between barrel rolls.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Those days you found out cheats and secrets from your one extra-nerdy friend who had Nintendo Power. Or it was just passed down through the ages. How did everyone learn IDDQD and IDKFA? The answer is lost to time.

I could get every medal pretty easily (though Sector Z was still a crap shoot as we will find out), but I never learned until I decided to search YouTube for high score runs that hitting enemies with unlocked charge shots would get you more points than if you locked on, which allows optimized runs where you can get double the medal score. Apparently it is possible to get a medal on easy Venom if you do that.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 15, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Aww, unless I somehow missed it, you didn't show what happens when the Sector Z missiles hit the Great Fox. One of its wings gets blown off, so you don't want to take it to Area 6. When you call on it to shoot some of those capitol ships and platforms, you actually get the bonus points but not the initial single point.

There are other unlockables that aren't covered because you guys didn't do multiplayer. Get a medal on Venom and you can play as a Landmaster. Since multiplayer is an All-Range Mode battle royals, this is the only way to play the Landmaster in all-range mode as well.
Getting a medal on Expert Venom lets you play as an on-foot character. What character you are depends on your controller, with players 1, 2, 3, and 4 being Fox, Falco, Peopy, and Slippy respectively. You use the stick to aim and a shoulder button to run forward I think. You're really hard to see and can't be locked onto, but can be fun over by the Landmaster. An Arwing's best bet is just to launch a bomb in theirngeneral direction.
Both on-foot and Landmaster can pick up the dual weapon powerups, unlike in single player.

Getting every Expert medal just gives you a new title screen with everyone in different positions.

Great job on the LP! It was fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Do they have some data somewhere suggesting that all-range stuff is more popular than the on-rails sections? I liked the later more and was disappointed that they leaned towards the former as the franchise went on.