Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Honestly, people poo poo-talk Slippy, but 4th place on the team of the four best pilots in the system is still pretty good. Plus, keep in mind all the extra tech-y poo poo he's doing in there. Reminder than any time a boss's health gauge appears on-screen, that's Slippy doing that analysis from his pilot seat. To drive that home, if Slippy is absent, you don't get that health bar.

I imagine Andrew going after Slippy is just him picking on who he perceives (accurately, let's be real) as the weakest target. He's only on the team to keep an eye on them and because Andross is his Uncle, face it. It's all who ya know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

So I forget what happens if you clear Sector X with Slippy safe and then choose to do Titania anyway. Does the game still treat it as if Slippy’s downed? Because I know other routes have relatively minor changes if you succeed at the mission and then take the failure route option anyway, like StarWolf just not showing up at all on Bolse if you murdered the poo poo out of them on Fortuna, etc.

Slippy being down *is* the plot of Titania, so it does just treat it as if he went down anyway. If Slippy is okay, the team has absolutely no reason to go to Titania at all, so there's no real way to fudge that.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Star Fox is Nintendo's Star Wars, they can't have them leaving the Lylat system and dealing with other problems or something. That's crazy!

Starlink is, amusingly, the best Star Fox game we've gotten in a long time. And what do you know, it features the Star Fox team having left Lylat to deal with a problem. Admittedly, a problem that came FROM Lylat, but then they help with ANOTHER problem.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Worth noting: I kinda pointed it out (in the youtube comments), but the missiles that get shot at the Great Fox in Sector Z are actually being carried aboard the train in Macbeth.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
My personal thoughts on the next few Starfox games:

Adventures: Was a mistake. Should not have been a Star Fox game. A decent enough Zelda Clone in its own right, but turning it into Star Fox honestly hurt it.

Assault: I loved it. I enjoyed the on-foot segments, which I understand a lot of people didn't. Honestly, the worst thing I can say about it is that it's too short. The story mode is about as long as a single route in 64, except there are no branching paths.

Command: Never played, but the wildly branching plot is a disaster. Also completes Krystal's "character arc", if you wanna call it that. She went from "Kinda action girl if you squint a little" to "damsel in distress" to "Fox's girlfriend" to "Fox's Angry Ex-girlfriend". And that was kinda the extent of her characterization. One of the reasons I say Adventures was a mistake.

---

Zero: Looks like a fun game with a solid enough retelling (again) of the Andross conflict, but the mandatory motion controls killed any chance of my really getting into it even if I had a Wii U.

---

Starlink: Genuinely the best Star Fox game we've gotten in a very long time. Get the digital deluxe version and you bypass all the toy-collecting crap. I only got the physical version because I wanted the Arwing toy. And those new missions are neat, and actually force you to play as the other Star Fox pilots, because at the very least in Peppy's case, you need his Pilot Ability to proceed.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 2, 2019

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

KieranWalker posted:

Digital Deluxe Edition, eh...? I think I am going to drop some cash on that next opportunity I get.

Yeah, between that, the DLC bundle that just came out, and the trio of Star Fox Pilots (sadly not included in said DLC bundle), you get everything except the two toy-exclusive, store-exclusive ships. And even then, those two are reskins and mashups of existing ships. Scramble, which is Levi's ship, is just Pulse with Lance's wings. Cerberus, Razor's ship, is Lance with Neptune's wings (but upside down and backwards).

But yeah, I enjoyed Adventure for what it is, but it really was detrimental to both Dinosaur Planet, and Star Fox. Krystal fanboys be damned, she is not a good character. She needs to have personality traits not based on "is an RPG protagonist" and her relationship with Fox for that.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

TheLoquid posted:

The optimal route was Corneria --> Sector Y --> Katina --> Sector X --> Macbeth --> Area 6 --> Venom II on expert thanks for coming to my TED talk

For kills...? Nuh-uh, replace Sector Y with Meteo for raw kills count.