Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

JakeP posted:

Bubonic plague

Did you pay to touch an armadillo? You did, didn't you...well, did you get what you paid for at least?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Vato posted:

Did you pay to touch an armadillo? You did, didn't you...well, did you get what you paid for at least?

They have leprosy you ODIOT

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

kazr posted:

They have leprosy you ODIOT

Some have the plague, dude. Depends on the one you touch, PAL.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

This is extremely troubling..,.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

kazr posted:

This is extremely troubling..,.

I didn't mean to rile you. There are a lot of myths about diseases.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I paid 2 hookers $100 to leave. I thought they just wanted to be drinking buddies :-(.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i haven't paid for a drat thing op. these hands got finesse.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
$10 for Johnny Walker and coke to a tranny who I didn't know was a tranny until a friend explained to me that he/she was.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Opted for the signed Geordi Laforge picture from Levar Burton when I donated to the Reading Rainbow kickstartr years ago.

edit: double duty strangest/coolest thing imho.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I paid $50 for a kickstarter for a miniature inflatable flailing tube-man (like the ones they have at car dealerships). I did indeed receive the product and now I have no idea what to do with it.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Paid shipping and cross border brokerage for a Bumfights DVD in 2001 or so.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Manic Mailman posted:

$10 for Johnny Walker and coke to a tranny who I didn't know was a tranny until a friend explained to me that he/she was.

I am going to go re-buy Plat just so I can report your rear end.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Johnny Aztec posted:

I am going to go re-buy Plat just so I can report your rear end.

Hey! That can be your strange purchase :)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rad-daddio posted:

Hey! That can be your strange purchase :)

And costs as much as the Johnny Walker!

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ugh, I contributed to Doobie....

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Johnny Aztec posted:

Well, strange is strange:

1980s Megaman Trapper keeper

This fuckin rules and I'd have been the most jealous kid ever

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'm paying for it on Friday, but I'm purchasing this portrait of my guinea pig from another poster, Bored, who thought a picture of my pig was funny, so she painted her:

The reference:

The glory:

She got real weird with it, and I think it's the greatest/funniest thing ever.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
I bought a speculum once years ago for no particular reason other than i wanted one. I don't remember what happened to it I think I left it in an old apartment when I moved.

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!
I bought a lot of stupid poo poo like garbage pail kid posters from the 80s and Commodore 64 memorabilia that just sits in a box somewhere because I’ve already shat up the house with other nerd crap.

But that doesn’t compare to what someone tried to pay me money for, and that was to watch anime with him. I think that was before his even creepier furry roommate tried to push me into borrowing some anime series. I already didn’t like anime but now I still don’t like it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I donated to public radio to get a bobblehead of the public-radio morning guy, an extremely weird septagenarian who barely knows how to operate modern equipment and spends half his show talking about gardening and his thrift-store purchases

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
You'll all laugh at this:

Two years ago, I was contacted by the Bureau of Indian Affairs re: some property that was owned by my grandmother, but it had been forgotten/abandoned. Apparently, I was to be the recipient of this unknown parcel of property. Years go by, and I forgot about it until I get a notice for a probate hearing early this year. The hearing was two weeks ago. As it turns out, the land my grandmother owned was .00013 of a hundred acre parcel of land in Nebraska. It was being overseen by the Winnebago tribe. The tribe had been leasing the land for agricultural use, and it was earning a fair bit of money that way for the fractionalized owners. Crestfallen at the fact that I was not to be a land baron, the judge informed me that there was an account that had been accruing money for over 50 years(!), and I was going to receive that.

.....it was $107.03

Here's where it gets fun.

There were various fees related to the determination of who this money belonged to. This, combined with various agriculture and state taxes reduced my original payout to around 22.00 and some change.

...it gets better.

Once that money was transferred to a check and mailed out to me, it accrued some other random back fees from the bank that had been storing it for half a century. In the same envelope I received a cashier's check for the 22.00, and I also received an invoice of sorts from the bank so they could collect on the remaining fees that were left out of the original dogpile.

That amount was 30.00

So, that's the story of how I inherited -$8.00 from my dead grandmother.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Breast implants. Unused, I assume.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm paying for it on Friday, but I'm purchasing this portrait of my guinea pig from another poster, Bored, who thought a picture of my pig was funny, so she painted her:

The reference:

The glory:

She got real weird with it, and I think it's the greatest/funniest thing ever.

That's not weird at all! This captures the bloodthirsty essence of your guinea pig perfectly. Frame it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i paid for a subscription to a winamp streaming service that streamed different channels full of good/rare pirated content way back when. actually it was really good

wafflethief
Jun 2, 2013
magic the gathering

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Three hundred giant inflatable dota winged donkey courier balloons with 3-foot wingspans, because they were 90% off and came with item codes that I sold for four times what I paid

these things

but then I had 300 giant inflatable winged donkey balloons taking up space. trying to sell them has been an inexorably slow process, but it's happening, I'm down to like 80! one guy bought 30 of them for 12 bucks each. when asked why, he straight up told me he was going to modify them into fuckdolls for bronies then sell them for $150 each lol

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Buddy of mine paid for winrar

I can only imagine some kind of bell went off at whatever depressing office where it was made and a sad little bit of confetti and a balloonn dropped down while two old computer nerds picked their head up off their desks in confusion at what was happening

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I can only imagine some kind of bell went off at whatever depressing office where it was made and a sad little bit of confetti and a balloonn dropped down while two old computer nerds picked their head up off their desks in confusion at what was happening

I paid for mIRC like 12 years ago after using it for years because I was tired of looking at that guy’s face when it started up. I still use IRC but I don’t use mIRC or Windows anymore.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Noblesse Obliged posted:

not quite WinRAR but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX_pF03vCSU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

not quite WinRAR but:

:confused:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Well that's pretty much goddam perfect lol

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

gary oldmans diary posted:

i paid for a subscription to a winamp streaming service that streamed different channels full of good/rare pirated content way back when. actually it was really good

I remember this poo poo and it was the best. Too bad it only lasted like 2-3 months between me finding it and it getting shut down. It was ahead of its time.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Vato posted:

That's not weird at all! This captures the bloodthirsty essence of your guinea pig perfectly. Frame it.

Oh, you bet your butt I'm framing it and putting it on my wall! Bixby's search for her lost tomato will have a place of honor somewhere in my apartment.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Two (2) 3d printers I use almost exclusively to print off little star wars wargame figurines and the little buildings they fight over.

Various medieval armors and garb along with rubber swords for LARP.

I'm a cool dude.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I had a custom luchador mask made for my daughter.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I had a custom luchador mask made for my daughter.

Cool Dad

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Not the oddest, but maybe the oddest I can see from the couch: hollow metal rhino head from TJ Maxx, painted by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
bought a t shirt in tijuana mexico after a weird show my friends dragged me to