Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Turning their cell phone to speakerphone mode and talking directly into the microphone while holding it like a pizza.

While driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Showing up to The Outback Steakhouse an hour before it opens, and waiting in the car the entire time.

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

Jacob likes air cooled VW's
Showing up thirty minutes before shop opens and pulling on the door, repeated knocking and shouted insults

Greeting you with a racist, sexist, homophobic slur and doesn’t understand why you can’t “take a joke”

Is functionally Illiterate and blames it on forgetting their “cheaters”

Correcting you with lies, misinformation or sheer fabrications. When confronted with evidence will respond “I don’t know about that.”

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Full size shopping carts for a loaf of bread and a can of cherries.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Showing up to The Outback Steakhouse an hour before it opens, and waiting in the car the entire time.

Showing up to the Outback Steakhouse with the whole family on a Saturday night and yelling at the host when they say it will be an hour long wait.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Do you all know my Uncle or something?

My uncle knocked up his girlfriend while in high school (late 60s, a scandal for small town Kentucky) and the family nearly disowns him. His mother (my grandmother) called everyone in the family, telling them not to give them any money or support because of this. A few family members decide that this isn't how you treat family and soon sneak them money and eventually everyone gets over it. My uncle marries his girlfriend and they have two more kids.

In the early 80s, Uncle gets divorced and moves back in with his parents. He eventually gets a lovely two bedroom apartment and starts dating again. We wouldn't know this until the early 2000's but he also knocked up another women during this time but she left town shortly after finding out.

Though sheer luck he meets my step-aunt who is 12 years younger. She's an executive at some but insurance company and her family is old money. They get married and his life changes overnight. They have debates over which $200+ brass mailbox they should get for their house. They have bedrooms that no one sleeps in but are decked out with expensive sheets and antiques. They travel the world, host "look how much money we have" parties.

During my most recent visit, I witnessed him calling the local paper to complain about the price increase. They tell him that the fee also gets him access to articles online. "But I don't read the news online!" he says. He then hangs up, makes a comment about how he "couldn't even understand the CSR with that accent" and picks up his tablet and starts to read the goddamn news.

His facebook feed hasl comments to women (all young, white, and blonde of course) that read the news and weather on whatever local news station that he watches at full volume WITH the captions on. Not really creepy but he says stuff like, "Wow! you're on the midday news? Just saw you on the 11:30 news last night. Hope you got some rest!"

He still goes to high school reunions. His high school was demolished 40 years ago but they all still meet every 6 months or something.

He's really big on people earning their keep and making their own lot in life despite the fact that he fell into money headfirst. Despite the life story I just told you, he tends to hide that and gets REALLY upset when little shits like me point it out to him.

edit for content: AM Radio

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Those bikes that you lay on your back and pedal.

Any oddball three wheeled motorcycle, like those ones with two wheels in the front.

I swear I’ve never seen anyone under the age of 60 riding those.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Watching Pan and Scan movies.

"I paid for 72 inches by god I want to see the entire screen lit up. Take your libtard widescreen back to art school"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ralph Hurley posted:

Those bikes that you lay on your back and pedal.

Any oddball three wheeled motorcycle, like those ones with two wheels in the front.

I swear I’ve never seen anyone under the age of 60 riding those.

Basically they're roadworthy golf carts, HTH

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Death penalty
Being prolife

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Greeting cards and now memes with this lady (apparently her name is Maxine). Boomers just love using cartoons to illustrate how hilarious they think it is to be a stubborn insufferable pain in the rear end that everyone has to put up with.

Kids these days are a bunch of entitled complainers though.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The phrase "I'm not racist, BUT..."

Getting angry at the TV when it shows two men kissing. Getting angry/horny at the TV when it shows two women kissing.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Changing the meaning of words.
Complaining about being Politically Correct because they want to drop n bombs.
Badge licking.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Collecting hundreds of empty diet coke cans in the garage and never actually returning them for the deposit back.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Saying "not my president" during the opposing team's presidency.
Saying "love it or leave it" during their team's presidency.

Believing political parties actually differ.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
True story, I was at CVS and the lady in front of the line was making small-talk about her medication, and then somehow segued that into talking about how she "owns a small business so [she] likes to support small business" and I think she caught herself and changed it to "local business" but I had to cover up my ears for a little bit so I didn't cringe my balls back into my body.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Never using a food processor for anything but shredding cheese.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

also in the genre of 'post-war foods that are like other foods but not'

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

I wish they liked dying more and voting less

We're gradually dying off whether we like it or now, and dead Boomers can't vote.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
- Racism
- Fascism
- Going to dinner at 4 in the afternoon to be in bed by 7.
- Matlock/Hannity/Limbaugh
- Guns but dismiss all semi-automatics (AKA FUDDS)
- Any female with boobs they will creep on regardless of age. Seen one argue that a 12 yo shouldn't have boobs like that.
- WALMART
- Prunes/Raisin Bran
- Police violence videos

CPL593H posted:

Buying guitars that are just severely overpriced vanity items that remind them of their high school glory days.

My old man has old Gibsons, 5 Fenders & gently caress know how many super nice tube amps sitting in a closet waiting...for me.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I'm pretty much the opposite on all these things boomers like. Does that make me the antiboomer?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Buying a new appliance, putting the manual in a plastic bag, putting the bag into a box in the shed and never once looking for it. Repeat for everything that comes with a manual for the next 40 years.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Travelling 1200 miles by car to eat at Margaritaville when you have a Margaritaville that's only 10 miles from your house.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Landline phones
Cable news personalities
Asking strangers for special favors for absolutely no reason

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bonzo posted:

Travelling 1200 miles by car to eat at Margaritaville when you have a Margaritaville that's only 10 miles from your house.

Going to Hawaii, and eating at The Outback Steakhouse, because "that way we'll know that the food is good!"

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

These coupons expired last year, but can I still use them?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

At the gym. Putting a leg up on the bench, then towel drying their balls for 10 minutes while staring at the pretty blonde lady on Fox news.

Fartington Butts posted:

These coupons expired last year, but can I still use them?

I'LL HAVE A SR DISCOUNT!!
I'm sorry sir but we don't offer...
I WAS IN A WAR! YOU GIVE ME THAT DISCOUNT NOW!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I can't believe it's the 4th page and no one has said 'Fox News' yet.

edit GODDAMNIT

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Iron Crowned posted:

Going to Hawaii, and eating at The Outback Steakhouse, because "that way we'll know that the food is good!"

Ordering the same thing off the menu every time they visit a restaurant for 13 years.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Infinite Karma posted:

Ordering the same thing off the menu every time they visit a restaurant for 13 years.

"I'll have a well done steak with no seasoning"

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Wearing T-shirts with lots of skulls and guns on them and mottos like "FREEDOM AIN'T FREE - ASK THE BOYS LIVING SIX FEET UNDER" or "YOU WANT MY GUN? IT'S GOT A BULLET WAITING FOR YOU, SNOWFLAKE."

Crossing the street because a black kid is wearing a black t-shirt and might be on a "marijuana bender".

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
-Salads with Jell-O as the main ingredient
-The Waltons/Little House on the Prairie/M.A.S.H.
-Scrolling webpages by manually dragging the scroll bar with the mouse

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Electric can openers and having a cover for appliances like the can opener, toaster, etc.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
-Having their credit card information stolen by telephone scammers
-Keeping every single file on their computer on the desktop with no rhyme or reason to their arrangement so it's impossible to find anything

Mr. Bones fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 8, 2019

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The loving Eagles, man.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Oscar bait biopics

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Bonzo posted:

Do you all know my Uncle or something?

My uncle knocked up his girlfriend while in high school (late 60s, a scandal for small town Kentucky) and the family nearly disowns him. His mother (my grandmother) called everyone in the family, telling them not to give them any money or support because of this. A few family members decide that this isn't how you treat family and soon sneak them money and eventually everyone gets over it. My uncle marries his girlfriend and they have two more kids.

In the early 80s, Uncle gets divorced and moves back in with his parents. He eventually gets a lovely two bedroom apartment and starts dating again. We wouldn't know this until the early 2000's but he also knocked up another women during this time but she left town shortly after finding out.

Though sheer luck he meets my step-aunt who is 12 years younger. She's an executive at some but insurance company and her family is old money. They get married and his life changes overnight. They have debates over which $200+ brass mailbox they should get for their house. They have bedrooms that no one sleeps in but are decked out with expensive sheets and antiques. They travel the world, host "look how much money we have" parties.

During my most recent visit, I witnessed him calling the local paper to complain about the price increase. They tell him that the fee also gets him access to articles online. "But I don't read the news online!" he says. He then hangs up, makes a comment about how he "couldn't even understand the CSR with that accent" and picks up his tablet and starts to read the goddamn news.

His facebook feed hasl comments to women (all young, white, and blonde of course) that read the news and weather on whatever local news station that he watches at full volume WITH the captions on. Not really creepy but he says stuff like, "Wow! you're on the midday news? Just saw you on the 11:30 news last night. Hope you got some rest!"

He still goes to high school reunions. His high school was demolished 40 years ago but they all still meet every 6 months or something.

He's really big on people earning their keep and making their own lot in life despite the fact that he fell into money headfirst. Despite the life story I just told you, he tends to hide that and gets REALLY upset when little shits like me point it out to him.

edit for content: AM Radio

This is pretty much my father-in-law who was broke his whole life(and fired multiple times for being a creep) and lucked into a huge inheritance which let him retire and become ultra right wing almost overnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Complaining that the gas tax is going up ten cents per gallon, then complaining about the roads crumbling.