Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

ikanreed posted:

Velveeta, at least, is one of those terrible, inedible processed foods that's not the direct fault of boomers.

It's popularity, on the other hand...

Growing up if we had Velveeta Shells and Cheese for dinner it was special. My mom didn't buy them often because they were more expensive than Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"...and we sent them to the nursing homes! In the middle of a pandemic!"

You can make mac and cheese with a Velveeta roux, or you can make it wrong.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Iron Crowned posted:

Growing up if we had Velveeta Shells and Cheese for dinner it was special. My mom didn't buy them often because they were more expensive than Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

you're welcome. i gave those to her as tips when she did something nastier than usual

You Are A Elf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

TheReverend posted:

The Doors are awesome; I'll fight you.

The Doors had an amazing keyboardist and a good looking lead singer who unfortunately made the most boring white blues rock to have ever existed.

If Jim Morrison wasn’t so revered because he died at the band’s height, I think The Doors would be relegated to a lovely Time-Life CD compilation of late ‘60s rock full of other forgettable bands like Country Joe and the Fish and The Electric Prunes. Perfect for Boomers whose brains were destroyed by LSD and/or leaded gasoline fumes.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

What is this boring crap we're watching? Check if Antiques Roadshow is on

UK opens shops today and I've spent months trying to make gammon Prime understand that every other gammon will "just want to pick up [utterly unimportant poo poo he could have got from the supermarket]" and that this isn't going to be " popping down to" just because he wants the narrative in his head to be true. This dipshit has had only had one shot and is the exact demographic of "mild covid will kill you you moron".

I once had to stop him using a hand held fan on a bus during the peak of the first wave.

He's currently super pissed that the hardware store that never shut down, that he could always have gone into, is currently vaccum packed bellypork when "I only wanted to check the price of summet"

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

You Are A Elf posted:

The Doors had an amazing keyboardist and a good looking lead singer who unfortunately made the most boring white blues rock to have ever existed.

If Jim Morrison wasn’t so revered because he died at the band’s height, I think The Doors would be relegated to a lovely Time-Life CD compilation of late ‘60s rock full of other forgettable bands like Country Joe and the Fish and The Electric Prunes. Perfect for Boomers whose brains were destroyed by LSD and/or leaded gasoline fumes.

Yea but they didn't become that.

Adolf Glitter
Aug 13, 2016

RC and Moon Pie posted:

That's a funny way to spell the Eagles.

The Eagles - Greatest Hits Vol 2 was on almost constant play in the car, and home when I was a kid. I've probably heard the Eagles more than I've heard music I actually like due to my Dad's bad taste, and lack of other music.

When I was learning to play guitar, I started with Hotel California, I think it was some kind of Stockholm syndrome kicking in.

-fake edit- Now it's stuck in my head, ffffffffffffffffuck

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Whitebread boomer music is often salvageable when taken out of the hands of the most boring people on earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W-M70aFS6s

You Are A Elf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Adolf Glitter posted:

-fake edit- Now it's stuck in my head, ffffffffffffffffuck

you can check-out anytime you like, but you can never leave

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

shame on an IGA posted:

Whitebread boomer music is often salvageable when taken out of the hands of the most boring people on earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W-M70aFS6s

Ah, The Jesus' theme from Lebowski

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Ziv Zulander posted:

I have a framed copy of a 9/11 newspaper hung up on my bedroom wall

This year is going to be the 20th anniversary so that's probably a collector's item now.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i can't believe it's been 20 years since obama was in office

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

*In the car after picking you up from your appointment*

I know your “knows everything” doctor told me you don’t have to tell me what you talk about, but if I’m going to keep paying for therapy then I want to know I’m getting my money’s worth. Now, did you say anything about me?

Are we related??

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

Like how Jimi Hendrix fixed Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower"?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I could live a rich, full, and happy life without ever again encountering that song about the yellow polka-dot bikini. thank you. jalapeño bacon burger and tater tots, please

Katamari Democracy
Jan 18, 2010

Oh, We understand.
A trip to collect a million votes, yes.
Oh, we know why.
We get the point of rolling up a million

Wedge Regret

I stopped talking to my boomer family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Katamari Democracy posted:

I stopped talking to my boomer family

Now they won't help you during the Second Battle for the Hoover Dam.