Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

BigDave posted:

Even your dog? :ohdear:

Especially your dog. Never trust anyone who eats their own vomit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Colonel Cancer posted:

If anything statistics show that you most likely already know your future murderer. They are close to you and they know where you live :tinfoil:

Could be your wife, your boyfriend, your brother, your aunt, your best friend even. Best distance yourself from any human contact and install a fortified iron door.

The inverse is true too. Want to get away with murder? Kill some random person a few hundred miles away with no witnesses and never do it again, it’ll go unsolved. :v:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Research says your dog won't eat your dead body until you're already too rotten to eat. Your cat though...it doesn't even need to skip a meal first.

dr_rat posted:

My most trusted pet hippo however shall never betray me!!!

My fully grown adult male chimpanzee will never betray me. Seriously, don't look at what chimps do. They go straight for the face.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Colonel Cancer posted:

And if a stranger does murder you one day it's a lot more likely that it'll be from behind of the wheel.

sounds like a good reason to always keep a loaded gun in your glovebox :smug:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If you really loved your pets you'd be happy to have them eat your dead body, like I'm dead, they're just gonna throw me in the garbage anyway, maybe my cat can stay alive long enough to get rescued

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

purple death ray posted:

If you really loved your pets you'd be happy to have them eat your dead body, like I'm dead, they're just gonna throw me in the garbage anyway, maybe my cat can stay alive long enough to get rescued

:hmmorks:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Krispy Wafer posted:

My fully grown adult male chimpanzee will never betray me. Seriously, don't look at what chimps do. They go straight for the face.

They'll yak your sack off while eating your face.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they'll also bite all your fingers off

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm not saying humans are great, but the world is a better place with us at the top of the food chain instead of chimpanzees.

I feel like chimps were much more popular when I was a kid so maybe we can blame that on Boomers too. I never hear about a young person getting mauled by their pet chimp. People today seem to realize chimpanzees in your home is unwise.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Krispy Wafer posted:

I'm not saying humans are great, but the world is a better place with us at the top of the food chain instead of chimpanzees.

I feel like chimps were much more popular when I was a kid so maybe we can blame that on Boomers too. I never hear about a young person getting mauled by their pet chimp. People today seem to realize chimpanzees in your home is unwise.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/victim-chimp-attack-shows-destroyed-face-oprah/story?id=9053544

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I present the official Boomer drink:
https://people.com/food/red-lobsters-new-bloody-mary-is-topped-with-a-lobster-claw-and-cheddar-bay-biscuit/

quote:

Red Lobster's New Bloody Mary Is Topped With a Lobster Claw and Cheddar Bay Biscuit
The specialty drink is being called a "drink-a-tizer" for its snack-able garnishes

Red Lobster is ringing in the new year with an over-the-top bloody Mary.
The seafood chain introduced the limited edition Lobster Claw Bloody Mary on Monday, and it is larger than life. According to a press release, it’s made with Tito’s vodka and Red Lobster’s special bloody Mary mix, rimmed with spicy chipotle BBQ seasoning, and is topped with a jumbo shrimp, a chilled Maine lobster claw, and — best of all — one of their famous Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

The Lobster Claw Bloody Mary can be found in Red Lobsters across the U.S. just time for National Bloody Mary Day on Jan 1. What better way to start off 2020 (and you know, possibly kick that hangover) than with one of this crazy cocktail?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Krispy Wafer posted:

People loved putting chimps in movies up until the 80's happened, so there's a glut of movies starring chimps.

THe problem is they didn't actually use adult chimps, they were almost always very young, because once they hit adulthood they will destroy you, and no one wants that in a movie about a lovable scamp and his pet chimp having adventures.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I dunno I think of bloody marys with stupid amounts of food on skewers in them as a millennial thing.

You get one of those and post a photo of it on Instagram and then think, "man, I wish they'd given me a plate for this cheeseburger."

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I don't get it. All those things seem fine... bloody mary good, lobster good, biscuit good. Even together I'd dig it!

...but why do they have to be plopped on top of the drink that's so dumb I hate this trend just serve them on the side if you want to give an accompaniment to your beverage

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Framboise posted:

I don't get it. All those things seem fine... bloody mary good, lobster good, biscuit good. Even together I'd dig it!

...but why do they have to be plopped on top of the drink that's so dumb I hate this trend just serve them on the side if you want to give an accompaniment to your beverage

Because people will take a picture and likely tag the restaurant which is kinda free advertising. It honestly sounds like just a way to pad the bill by $15 for an ounce of cheap vodka followed by ingredients you already have on hand.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

PostNouveau posted:

I dunno I think of bloody marys with stupid amounts of food on skewers in them as a millennial thing.

You get one of those and post a photo of it on Instagram and then think, "man, I wish they'd given me a plate for this cheeseburger."

I think it is the "put a dying chain restaurant's app menu on it" aspect of the Bloody instead of the Bloody itself being the Boomer part.

I still believe the ultimate Boomer drink is room temperature red wine with a couple ice cubes in it. Just, why?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Iron Crowned posted:

People loved putting chimps in movies up until the 80's happened, so there's a glut of movies starring chimps.

THe problem is they didn't actually use adult chimps, they were almost always very young, because once they hit adulthood they will destroy you, and no one wants that in a movie about a lovable scamp and his pet chimp having adventures.

I remember a big story go around where a woman had a pet chimp who just ripped her face off, maybe that had something to do with it.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Lazyfire posted:

I think it is the "put a dying chain restaurant's app menu on it" aspect of the Bloody instead of the Bloody itself being the Boomer part.

I still believe the ultimate Boomer drink is room temperature red wine with a couple ice cubes in it. Just, why?

IME as a bartender, it's usually white wine. It's for the same reason why people drown decent whisky in ice: so the ice kills any flavour and they can still get buzzed.

TBH it's not a Boomer thing, though. I've served a lot of people that just couldn't drink properly. Once had a group of macho groomsmen who kept trying to order shots, but kept nixing everything, because, "Nah, man, that poo poo burns." Eventually settled on peach schnapps.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

a GIS for "ridiculous bloody marys" show that Red Lobster is actually quite tame

that is a whole fried chicken

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

purple death ray posted:

I’d be honored to be eaten by my dog after I die. :unsmith:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

mojo1701a posted:

IME as a bartender, it's usually white wine. It's for the same reason why people drown decent whisky in ice: so the ice kills any flavour and they can still get buzzed.

TBH it's not a Boomer thing, though. I've served a lot of people that just couldn't drink properly. Once had a group of macho groomsmen who kept trying to order shots, but kept nixing everything, because, "Nah, man, that poo poo burns." Eventually settled on peach schnapps.

IDK, my mother in law was the first person I've seen drink wine with ice, and it is always red. Then I saw her mother do it and then a bunch of people from my brother in law's side of the family have also been doing it for years and they are almost all in their 50's/60's.

I absolutely despise chilled or on the rocks whiskey; not only do you lose whatever "burn," but it does nothing for the flavor. If it brought out the oak or something I could see a reason, but it just makes it bland. Maybe people who drink heavily find it easier to pound down shot after shot that way, but it's terrible if you are going to sit and sip for a while.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Ice is dumb, but I have to admit that watering down cheap red wine with some carbonated water is nice for summertime day drinking.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Lazyfire posted:

IDK, my mother in law was the first person I've seen drink wine with ice, and it is always red. Then I saw her mother do it and then a bunch of people from my brother in law's side of the family have also been doing it for years and they are almost all in their 50's/60's.

I absolutely despise chilled or on the rocks whiskey; not only do you lose whatever "burn," but it does nothing for the flavor. If it brought out the oak or something I could see a reason, but it just makes it bland. Maybe people who drink heavily find it easier to pound down shot after shot that way, but it's terrible if you are going to sit and sip for a while.

Yeah, I guess it really depends on what you see. Most of the wine-with-ice-cubes drinkers I've seen have been stereotypical wine moms that drink only white wine anyway and have no real tastebuds other than "sweet".

You're right about ice, that's exactly what it's for. The coldness numbs your tastebuds or something, and removes any flavour. Same reason, I think, is why coffee or tea tastes best when hot, as opposed to cold.

It's why I always tell people not to add it to drinks unless it's, like, a mixed drink with pop or something. I get personal preference, and I've heard some higher-proof bourbons benefit from it.

On-topic: every Boomer I know of has no real taste for alcohol (or anything, but alcohol specifically). They almost all think it's some bullshit snobbishness because they never really try anything new. I have more than one alcoholic uncle who keeps asking me, "How can you drink that stuff?" at family gatherings.

Edit:

CopperHound posted:

Ice is dumb, but I have to admit that watering down cheap red wine with some carbonated water is nice for summertime day drinking.

Like a nice sangria.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Krispy Wafer posted:

Research says your dog won't eat your dead body until you're already too rotten to eat. Your cat though...it doesn't even need to skip a meal first.

this isnt true btw

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

purple death ray posted:

They know better than to waste food

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Your dog would probably guard your dead body until the cops have to shoot it so the coroner can haul your carcass away.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i love getting hosed up on San Pellegrino blood orange + white wine

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Your dog would probably guard your dead body until the cops have to shoot it so the coroner can haul your carcass away.

Diabetic woman who was bed ridden had her weiner dog eat at least one toe, if not more - can't remember all the details, while she was unable to get out of bed. Pets won't wait until you are even dead if they get hungry enough.

Quick edit: Didn't the nurse lady have that story about a fridge falling on the son and either the severely mentally impared mom or cat start eating him too?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

mojo1701a posted:

On-topic: every Boomer I know of has no real taste for alcohol (or anything, but alcohol specifically). They almost all think it's some bullshit snobbishness because they never really try anything new.

this IS snobbishness though, all alcohol basically tastes the same no matter how it's made and pretending otherwise is just what rich people do instead of having hobbies.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Doggo brain is truly a fate worse than death.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
bourbon, rye, whiskey, it's all corn piss boiled in a giant fuckoff vat. rum, vodka, both kinds of wine, they're indistinguishable except for the color of puke i leave. thats why i just drink the catch-all mat as the bar closes, it mixes the good stuff together so it hits the tummy faster.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

mojo1701a posted:

On-topic: every Boomer I know of has no real taste for alcohol (or anything, but alcohol specifically). They almost all think it's some bullshit snobbishness because they never really try anything new. I have more than one alcoholic uncle who keeps asking me, "How can you drink that stuff?" at family gatherings.

I have a theory that the lack of diversity in the beer and liquor market for most of their lives did that. My dad had never had something that wasn't a Bud/Coors/Miller/Sam Adams product until he was 60 because he just didn't know what things were. Now I can show up with a sour or a coffee stout or a DIPA and he won't bat an eye. I am disproportionately proud of making my dad a beer snob. My uncle calls him a pussy for not drinking Bud Light.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

What is the ice cube to dollar spent ratio for these people? White wine out of a box taste like poo poo so I could see why people cut it with ice. Then there are people who say, "I add ice so I don't get drunk!" but then they have 7 glasses before dinner.

I'm not a wine guy at all but I can usually tell the difference between a bottle of $2 wine or a $20 one. Part of me thinks this is an extension of the food tolerance thing because chilling wine can make it easier to drink and alters the taste

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I like the ice cubes that are like teething toys for babbies so they don't melt and dilute the drink.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

this IS snobbishness though, all alcohol basically tastes the same no matter how it's made and pretending otherwise is just what rich people do instead of having hobbies.

Do you want some juice Widdle baby

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

this isnt true btw

Well it's not like they can conduct a controlled experiment where they put a dog and his dead buddy in a room and start the stopwatch. I'm assuming it's anecdotal evidence. I wonder if having multiple dogs reverts them back to a more pack mentality and lets them go to chow town faster than they would otherwise.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lol if you don't drink anything put in front of you, anything you find from scrounging, or anything you make yourself just lol

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Bonzo posted:

What is the ice cube to dollar spent ratio for these people? White wine out of a box taste like poo poo so I could see why people cut it with ice. Then there are people who say, "I add ice so I don't get drunk!" but then they have 7 glasses before dinner.

I'm not a wine guy at all but I can usually tell the difference between a bottle of $2 wine or a $20 one. Part of me thinks this is an extension of the food tolerance thing because chilling wine can make it easier to drink and alters the taste

My mother in law drinks Crane Lake, which is like $13 for a giant rear end bottle (think the large Yellowtail bottle in both size and flavor), so there's your box wine. The problem is when she does it with the expensive goddamn rose I brought back from France and it's all "it's just how I drink my wine" when everyone comments on it.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Squack McQuack posted:

Do you want some juice Widdle baby

im sipping on some hibiscus ginger strawberry lemonaide rn so sure, juice me up, squacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lazyfire posted:

My mother in law drinks Crane Lake, which is like $13 for a giant rear end bottle (think the large Yellowtail bottle in both size and flavor), so there's your box wine. The problem is when she does it with the expensive goddamn rose I brought back from France and it's all "it's just how I drink my wine" when everyone comments on it.

My brother in law drinks ginger ale and rye and one year I got him a nice bottle of bourbon. Guess what he added to it before I could say anything? Next year I just him a bottle of Canadian Club. I'm not trying to snub him, it's his gift and he can do what he wants. I just made sure to not be so fancy the next year.