Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Boomers love to tell you how wrong seat belt/helmet laws are. Every boomer personally knows someone who 'would've lived in an car accident, but her seat belt trapped her and killed her' or 'would've died but a helmet saved his life and now he's in a wheelchair and buh gawd I'd rather be dead then ever be in a wheelchair'. They don't think this is a supremely hosed up thing to say, even to/around people in wheelchairs.

As their driving abilities decline with age this may be a self-correcting problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Whenever I'm at a place with a take a number/pickup window system Boomers love to get their number and then immediately move to the window as if they are next, and ignoring the 20 other people milling around waiting on their numbers. Every time they have to move out of the way for someone they just move right back because they were wrong 18 times before but surely the 19th time will be different!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

StrangersInTheNight posted:

One Christmas a couple years ago in a brief stint when we were talking (don't ask me why, it was a bad call), my Boomer dad decided to talk about eugenics and be like, 'I'm no monster, but I just think we should stop supporting a lot of people and let them die for the betterment of humanity' while we opened presents

Tell him this when he's in end of life care.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
My state's mask mandate starts today. At lunch the boomer Karen in front of me at the store wasn't wearing a mask and told the clerk that she wasn't planning on coming back to the store if they enforce it. She also said 'they invented The Covid in a lab to kill old people because they make a lot of money when an old person dies especially if they write The Covid on the death certificate, which they are doing now even for deaths from other causes so they get more money. That's why the numbers so drat high'.

It is unclear who 'they' are or how they are making money. Maybe the funeral industry?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's easy.

They were already awful.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I was forced to play T-ball once. No one explained the rules so I just hit the ball and started running all the bases because that's what I thought you were supposed to do, even after they got the ball and I was out. The umpire threw me out of the game for continuing to run around. A grown adult ejected a 6 year old for not knowing the rules to a game. I cried the whole way home and refused to go back.

At the end of the season the coach dropped off a participation trophy at our house that had my name misspelled on it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I remember in High School around 2000 there was a day when a trade school came to talk to us about that being a career path and give us a little pamphlet of information about their offerings.

When they left an English teacher went around and collected all the pamphlets from people to throw away, and said "I expect better from all of you than that"

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 15, 2020

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Probably not wrong that they will be the last generation to have the characteristics of 'gets a vacation'.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Chief McHeath posted:

Boomers love to wonder why their children and grandchildren can't perform simple maintenance tasks like replacing a u-pipe or adding coolant to their radiator or turning off an electrical breaker, because they always insisted on doing it themselves, rather than doing any teaching.

I remember when I first got my driver's license and my mother decided I should learn to drive a manual transmission. She borrowed a car and drove us to the school parking lot and described the steps, and I asked I think a very fair question to her explanation: 'Do you mean release the clutch as you press the gas, or release the clutch then press the gas?'

She said never mind you're never going to get it and drove us home. Never even sat in the driver's seat.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
There was a guy at my work that would pride himself on 'never eating anything green' because that's all 'rabbit food' for 'weaklings'. One day someone in the shop saw him drinking Mt Dew and teased him about it being green and I think it broke his brain. Now he doesn't drink Mt Dew, picks out green M&Ms, picks green sprinkles off of sprinkled donuts, etc. literally never eating anything the color green.

In any case since I have described this guy's diet in terms of candy, donuts, soda, and no vegetables you can probably guess what he looked like.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Don't do anything, and if they ever ask say you did send a card and that drat post office must have lost it. Boomers loving hate the post office.

Warning: this may trap you in a situation where you have to hear them rant about how terrible the post office is nowadays and how it's a waste of their mighty tax dollars.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

bobjr posted:

Boomers will try and describe a tv show to you without managing to name an actor, the title of the show, or where to see it.

My mother was adamant she had seen a movie about 'a big green guy'. When pressed for details I got stuff like 'he grew big', 'he was green', 'he was big and green and a guy'. I managed to also pull out of her that 'he lived in a house'. She also could not tell me when she saw it even within like a decade estimate.

It was not any of The Hulk movies/shows.

It was the 1988 movie Beetlejuice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The one McCartney Christmas song where he brutalizes a keyboard for no apparent reason. Boomers loving love Christmas and The Beatles.