Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I generally see ellipses used as some kind of ominous end to a sentence, e.g. "John gulped as he entered the castle..." And then the next chapter begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I unironically think that (in the US at least) that it might be caused by the prevalence of lead in your petrol. My dad's Malaysian, born in 1955, and his English written messages seem fine. Malay messages too, though he does pepper in some colloquialisms here and there sometimes.

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, I doubt these old games get a lot of play with the younger cohorts. There's a much wider variety of games available, and they're pretty much all more engaging and fun than the garbage like Monopoly or Life people used to play.

Yeah, I never played boardgames outside of family gathering with the older members of my family- it's always been either tabletop RPGs or video games.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Doing a little research, it seems that Woodstock was held after that outbreak, though I'm not too clear on American history.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
IIRC she was being completely sincere when she wrote that, though you'd probably have to ask around DnD or C-SPAM for who she is exactly; all I remember is that she's some kind of right-winger who believes that 'all women need a strong alpha male, and you're missing out if you're not a perfect submissive wife' or some other such bullshit.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Volcott posted:

loving kids, you ask for fine quality copper ingots and they bring you *trash*.

Whatever else Ea-Nasir was, he was a capitalist first and therefore deserved his house burning down in any occasion :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

This is not how you launder money.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm both 36 years old, and happy that I'm not the oldest member of this dead gay forum :corsair:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

tango alpha delta posted:

edit: I was a teenager in the eighties and have no loving clue why everyone is so nostalgic for that decade. spoiler: it was pretty lovely.

Tell me about it. My cousin's only 4 years older than I am and she's a complete nut for stuff from that era. Might be a childhood thing since one of the things she can't stop talking about are the cartoons from that era.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We really need more gently caress-around casual online games, like an actual online Mario Party.

Isn't that what games like Among Us and Fall Guys are?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I can certainly see the idea of a unusual punishment as a way to save on prison costs, but it has to be constructive. Like ghost emoji posted, it has to help the victims or rehabilitate the guilty.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

LifeSunDeath posted:

I love this aspect of MM, it's not post apocalypse, it's just a massive global depression, but out in the desert there's no more law.

Are there any other movies/media like this? 'Pre-apocalypses' where it's 11:59:59 on the Doomsday Clock, and the media ends with the Big Thing™ actually happening? Only other work I can think of is the Warhammer Franchise, which should show you how culturally shallow I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they got a war goin on w his parents who are huge homophobes tho

he should poo poo on them