Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Amazon does free same day delivery if you spend 35 bucks, just stopped going to grocery stores entirely because gently caress it why bother

Human suffering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

Gig economy grocery delivery services are all part of creating a servant under-class. I won't use them

I don't either. I won't even buy poo poo from Amazon at all. But There are people who don't really have a choice in the matter in regards to either medical issues or lack of options. In my case though, I'm fortunate enough that I have no medical issues that would make it unfeasible to just go to a grocery store and there aren't any essential items that I can't easily obtain from any number of places in my area. Amazon does have a weird cult vibe to it though. I've had multiple people that are absolutely dumbfounded at the concept of simply not buying anything from Amazon. And these aren't people who fit into the categories I mentioned. Some people just find it unthinkable to live without buying what are essentially luxury items and impulse purchases from Amazon.com. It's weird to me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Project M.A.M.I.L. posted:

Library book margins are the original Facebook comment section.

Bathroom walls would be more accurate for a variety of reasons.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

deep dish peat moss posted:

I like when I get a used book and it's marked up, but only in the sense that a previous reader like, circled passages and wrote "!!" Next to them and stuff. Just like "I found this part important or interesting"

It's like a bonus puzzle of figuring out what they were onto

The books I find marked up the most are ones that probably belonged to college students. I often find passages highlighted and little post it notes in between the pages. It doesn't bother me all that much as long as the book isn't totally shitted up. What I do like is finding things in the book. My favorite one of these is when I found a couple of drawings on the back of some flyers advertising a bunch of stuff playing at an arthouse theater in the early 60s. They were folded up in the back cover. Inscriptions to previous owners on the first page are cool too. I think it's neat to see these things having a history.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Panfilo posted:

How do you even quantify the value of a degree?

It's stupid dipshit joke boomers have been making for a good 15 years or so. Because who would get an education simply for the sake of learning things?!

Perfect content for the thread.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

After having spent literally every year beforehand telling children from birth that a degree of any kind is an absolute requirement and guarantee for a good job and not getting one makes you a failure who has to work at McDonald's.

And then ironically all these people who have degrees in anything end up working there anyway.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

jokes posted:

I would simply do drugs and bang sluts and skip the pretense.

You can audit courses for, usually, free if you actually like learning things. If you work from home, you can also just "work" in class, and then do actual work in the library or something. The thing that people like about going to school was being young, surrounded by other young people with potential, and told every single day how you have so much potential. It loving sucks to be around young people now, we were all just too stupid to realize it.

When you're young you're also annoying. You just don't realize it because all your friends are annoying.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yeah, children can gently caress off. They're creepy.

Children bother me because they're loud and unpredictable. They also have poor hygiene and frequently leave a sticky residue on things. Why the gently caress are they always sticky?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Bonaventure posted:

that's goodand im glad all the funny poster's got permbanned

I've never seen a poster catch a permaban that didn't deserve it much less one that was funny. It's always racists, pedos, homophobes, transphobes, and general pieces of poo poo.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

We should crowd fund the money to buy the Groverhaus and turn it into the Something Awful forums museum. Johnny Five Aces and the goatse ring will obviously be in the gallery. The gift shop sells only Goldbelly cookies and Mangosteen juice.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Howard Beale posted:

everybody remembers the Goatse man but nobody remembers the Giver nowadays

The YA novel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

This has none of what makes goatse so memorable. It's just a silly photoshop. Goatse is an abyss that gazes back.