Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Boomers love getting paid 100k a year for a job you will never get paid more than 30k to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Boomers love getting angry when anyone smells their farts and complains about it.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wait, not cackling wickedly?

I work with boomers in the IT field and they get irate if you complain about them farting.

"It's just money"

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Vietnam war.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Boomers love having a meltdown on dead gay comedy forums.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Boomers love money

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:boom:

I haven't seen the movie or read the book but I heard about it.

Don't read the book. The movie was ok but eh.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
My boomer dad cheated in monopoly by giving me loans with an equity equal to the house he build on land he bought.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Boomers hate it when a 16 year old kid gets paid 3 million dollars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZJLK9Vfpa4

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Blaming the recent shootings on violent videogames instead of themselves.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Johnboy & Billy big show.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Slaan posted:

Boomers like putting those fake money "tips" for the staff instead of actual money

Those are Christians. But boomers are notorious for doing this poo poo. I used to work for a restaurant and ran out the door giving him back his fake money. I asked him if he uses that when the collection plate is passed along and called him an rear end in a top hat.

Thoughts and prayers are not going to pay the bills. Thank god I got a higher education and walked away from that bullshit.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Boomers love taking inheritance money away from their nieces and nephews because they feel they didn't earn it or they dont have the same jesus religion as you.

I hope those same boomers enjoy going to court and losing! :)

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

FogHelmut posted:

The Boomer would get a free no-name tablet with their recent cell phone upgrade, be automatically signed up for a data plan for it, pay for the plan blindly without notice, and refer to it as an iPad. Then they would ask you to help them download their CDs onto it.

Holy poo poo, I had to do this a couple of weeks ago but I didnt move pictures. I transferred from VCR to a viewable format :wtc:

I had to charge extra because I basically had to get an old VCR out of the basement and use a splitter to "Record" the video as clear as I could.

Boomers just need to move on.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Boomers at my job are talking about the "Ok Boomer" being a slur and all I could do is sit at my desk and smile and they talk and complain about it all day at work.

It's great

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Freelancefogy posted:

What a bunch of snowflakes.

Its Poetry in motion and its loving amazing. One of them got mad the other day because his order went over some people's head and he started yelling at everyone saying "My loving IQ is 150 and I demand respect around here".

Ok Boomer, im sure your blood pressure is 150 / 70. Just please shut up

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Just got an E-mail from the company prohibiting any "Ok Boomer" memes being shared through phones.

I have tenure so I responded accordingly. lmfao

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

mind the walrus posted:

If it's your personal phone then they can, and should, get hosed. Thin-skinned Boomers.

Im one of the few people they can not touch. :smug:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Boomers at my office must hate me. I just plastered an "OK BOOMER" as my desktop wallpaper and there is nothing they can do about it.

Geeeeeeet hosed boomers!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Boomers love getting angry at younger people over nothing and getting more angry now that people are fighting back.

Dont dish it if you cant take it you old fucker.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Laurenz posted:

That's what I love about the whole 'ok, boomer' thing. Lots of them were unironically saying it amounts to hate speech and that ageism is just as bad as racism. All while not realising that they've called younger generations 'snowflakes' for years. They really can't handle some of their own medicine.

It's a big thing around here where I live. Enough to where I do contracts I saw one sign that says to report employees for using the term "Ok Boomer" as insubordination. It gets the biggest :rolleyes: from me because they can't touch me. Tenure beeotch!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

I talked about it earlier in the thread but this is legit a thing here in the South. I work in industrial networking so not only am I full time but also contracting (Tenure) work. So I cant get fired unless I do not show up to work for several weeks or something major. But they tried pulling this poo poo on me and there is nothing they can do about it. They can't fire me, and if they get upset and start screaming I can take my little happy rear end home while they are paying me at said home.

So yeah, long story short it does not stop me from saying it nor does it stop me from making notifications on MCT with E-stop = okboomer just for shits and giggles. They can grow the gently caress up for all I care. Oh wait they are

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I had boomer parents and I miss them dearly. They were assholes yes but at least I didnt survive as an rear end in a top hat.

Mom is still alive thankfully and she loves me to death. She absolutely loves the OK boomer meme

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Things my dad did as a boomer to discipline me growing up. I got a couple of these stories so I don't mind sharing.

I was about 10 / 11 and I remember getting so mad at a game I threw the controller down in anger. My father comes in, snatches the controller from the ground and breaks it in front of my eyes. I had to pick up every single fragment of shard broken because of my father found one I would have been beaten. He came back in my room an hour later to examine and found nothing. Told me I was working with him in the morning to pay off the controller. When I worked for two days I got a new one but was immediately shattered again in front of my eyes yet again. "Now buy your own."

He basically taught me not to be mad at videogames and treat it as it only is. A loving videogame. I can be happy, sad, but angry enough to be an idiot and break a controller? That is childish. And it will cost money.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

irpoweroutlet posted:

Wait, are you defending him here? Because he’s a loving psycho

Defending him on his choice of discipline? No. Defending him for being my dad? Yes.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I must have had it rough

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I really, really hope you never spoke to your father again the day you turned 18 after growing up with a monstrous psychopath like that and also talked/are talking this kind of stuff over with a qualified therapist. :staredog:

I'm so glad my parents had fairly standard reactions and punishment to my childhood/teenage outbursts and never abused with me literal torture tactics, which is one of many reasons why I have a pretty great relationship with them as an adult.

No, instead it lead to This E/N success story.. Goons helped pull me through in taking care of my dad who was dying of cancer. He was an rear end in a top hat yes, but he is still my dad and I love him. Hell I guess he did that so he can prepare me for the real world.

Also for those of you who wish for me to seek therapy I am doing better now than I was. Please do not worry about me.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
"You better stop that crying or I will give you something to cry about"!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I dislike my relatives because they really want me to get married and have kids. It's so stupid for me to have kids right now (I am in college) and they cant get it through their thick skull that I am close to finishing college and that my genes stop here.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I get boomer calls all the time asking me if I know their password. They insist I come out to remind them but I always charge fee just for coming out just to do nothing. Sorry not my fault your memory is bad old man

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Man, I'm so glad that my workplace has an average age of like 32 and most end users I support understand technology on a basic level enough to do their job without tripping over their own feet.

I do contracting work but I also own a small business for home PC and network. And I had to inform so many people that we are PC services. Not hackers. And if we do have to come to your home we will charge a fee. It pays the bills.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Neito posted:

"But you like doing all that computer stuff!"

Sorry but I do not work for free. I dont talk to a mechanic and ask him to fix my vehicle for free. I expect the same treatment. If you want it fixed for free you can do it yourself! :)

Boomers hate it but what comes around goes around.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I started college three years ago to study computer networking (Cisco) and he got upset and thought I was becoming a psychologist because my first two classes was college math and Psychology. He just rolled his eyes at me and told me I was wasting my time with it and that the school was trying to get me into studying genders or some poo poo.

At a loving technical college?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Bonzo posted:

For a while my mom or dad, they both pointed at each other, gave my home phone out and told friends to "call my son if you have ANY problems". They said they did it as a way to help me gain a customer base. Ok? I a) have a good paying IT job already and b) when did I say I wanted to start my own business?

So when people called I started telling them, "Ohhh I see what happening! You need to call the 800 number on the side of the box right away!" and all the calls stopped.

I learned really young to nip that poo poo in the bud. Around here if you knew a guy who was able to work on vehicles (Brakes, alignment repairs, etc) you paid for his work. If you knew a girl who would babysit you paid for her. But for IT work? If you know someone in the family its free for them right?

Wrong. I didn't come over to your house to work on your computer. I came over to see you. If you want me to do work you better pay up otherwise you can find somebody else in the family who plays videogames and don't know what they are doing.

E- Oh, and relatives calling me asking me "Is X computer good"? Always gets a laugh out of me.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Bonzo posted:

I suppose doctors have the same problem.

"I'm a doctor"
"Really? Hey, could I ask you to look at mole on my inner rear end check? It'll just take a second!
"Um...do I know you?
"Jesus what an rear end in a top hat! So much for bedside manner!"

It's every occupation.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

bitterandtwisted posted:

My family have done a lot for me and I Iike being able to fix their computers :shobon:

Yeah I don't mean to be an rear end in a top hat about it. But I was raised if I wanted something fixed I better get ready to pay for it. When I was younger I drove around in a Buick and had some major issues with it. The guy who my dad talked to came out and informed me everything he could do. But without money for the parts and labor I was stuck like chuck.

He was fair for his price and even knocked out around 40 dollars so I could ride again.

But now that people like me grew a spine we're sick of doing IT work for free. gently caress you. Give me your money.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is Intro Psych/Psych 101/whatever every school calls it still the most-taken class among American undergrads? Cause it's usually a blast to take for that exact reason.

I have got wonderful stories. I do not want to name the college I go to nor the instructor who taught that class. But he was loving hilarious. He is a Pastor at a local church, used to play college basketball, and absolutely loves talking about drugs while sniffing dry markers and pretending to get high.

His method of teaching was absolutely hilarious and I remember he used to get on to the entire class when I was the one laughing my rear end off.

But he did teach us all how to study properly and I remember everyone in the class made an A on the final when it was all said and done.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 20, 2019

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I am not having kids and convinced my doctor to give me a vasectomy in the coming months. Reason why I do not want to have kids is mainly due to my family having bad blood in them. And nothing would piss them off more than to have my surname not continue for further generations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Dienes posted:

Ooooh, you should change your surname just to drive it home.

I plan on doing that once I get what is entitled to me from a will. Then I will change it.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Framboise posted:

My partner and I aren't having kids because we're selfish. :shrug:

Oh, and also bringing a kid into this world right now feels just too expensive and the respite I get knowing that the future is grim for our generation is that at least it ends with me in my family line. Unless my brother decides to have/adopt sometime.

If I had a kid my worries for the future would go beyond me and just thinking about that stresses me out

loving SAME. Minus the whole partner count. I mentioned earlier than I was getting a vasectomy and I had the whole talk from my doctor for about an hour about why he felt me thinking that was a bad idea. But I told him if I wanted to get a sex change I could throw down money and have it done no problem. And that there are plenty of loving kids who want a hope who wish to be adopted.

He did convince me to wait a couple months for me to at least 'Think it over" and I told him when the deadline hits I expect him to get the job done. So I at least did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
My boomer relatives are holding money that I am entitled to (From a will) because they do not think I am financially responsible. Welp, merry Christmas Boomers. I go to court to get what is mine a few days before Christmas and I will see you there as a little family reunion!