Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Plan Z posted:

They want $80 for a lovely quilt but will like sell their son's old 100-piece video game collection without their permission for like $9, so that's kinda cool.

My mom sold all my toys at a yard sale, cause brain worms. I was 7 or 8. we didnt need the money. Buncha He Man stuff, like the Castle Greyskull, Snake Mountain, the main cast figures, Astro fortress thing with a bird jet that attached on top of Greyskull. I think she got 10$ for that boxs, then all my Gi Joes as well. She explained it as I should get all my toys i liked and show them to people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I asked my brother that Peach or Toadstool question as "What is the name of the Princess Mario saves?" He answered Daisy. Whats that make him?

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

My boomer dad loves sunk cost fallacy. He has a Jeep from 1979, a F250 from 1987, a Ranger and Suburban from 1994. All are worn out. Bad. He bought the Jeep and F250 new. The Jeep has been in parts in his garage for years. The F250 currently has a bad torque converter so shakes like its wanting to rip apart. In addition to other issues. He has spent in the last year or two five to six thousand in fixing just the F250. He has likely bought it twice over in repairs over the last 30 years. Rebuild the transmission, new engine block, new wheels and tires, new stereo. all at least twice now. I have shown him on Craig's list trucks only 7-8 years old for less than his transmission job. "yeah, but if i buy a truck like that, im buying the other guys problems!" :downs:

He is constantly calling and asking me to fix his broke rear end poo poo. I rebuilt that Jeep like 7-8 times 20 years ago. at least And he took it apart again. gently caress your broke rear end junk.

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 25, 2019

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

My Greatest Gen grandpa and great uncle served WW2. My Boomer Dad served Vietnam because a girl was telling him "It might be your baby.. or it might be his, I donno." So he joined up to give her time to make sure she knew who it was. 3 of my Millennial brothers served in Iraq, Afghanistan. I got a Zoomer nephew now serving, as its the only way any of them, brothers and nephew, were going to pay for school. Guess which ones have been told they they were not real veterans?

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 12, 2019

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Boomer retail managers in my retirement town when they try and use a veteran's discount. When we started raising a stink, they retired the veteran discount and made it a senior discount.

Boomer cotton top behind us in line berating him for trying to claim to be a veteran,as he is "too young to have served in a real war"

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

E/N incoming. :nms:My boomer dad is extremely homophobic. I was about 5-8 years old watching Sesame Street with my brother. We were on the couch, and had a throw blanket over us both, sitting next to each other. His bed a few feet away, we lived in a basement. He heard us giggle at something elmo did. I dont remember. He pulled me out from under the blanket and spanked the hell out of me for being a little human being. This was right after the neighbor 16 year old went to jail for making me suck his cock in our back yard. "Think of it like your bottle":nms:

On Christmas, we had a nice little train set set up under the tree. I had never seen such a neat thing and i was watching it go around and around by the presents. I didnt come to breakfast or dinner when he told me to, i forget which, fast enough. He stomps every gift and the train to pieces and throws it all away, blaming me for ruining Christmas.

To this day i cant give a poo poo about holidays.

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 16, 2019

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

My mom at one point came up to me with the idea that I should donate semen to allow her friend to get pregnant. The friend is a person I have never met, someone they knew from work.

I was so shocked that I worked out the logistics of it out loud along the lines of "If... I did this, I'd want a contract saying I am released from father support, as I don't even know this woman's NAME"

My dad heard this and started mocking me for not being willing to support my own kids.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I was mid 20s, my mom mid 40ish. I forget the exact time table on that insanity. My younger brother just had a kid, and she was getting entirely brain worms over being a grandma. She doesnt remember ever asking me about this. But concedes that she might have, because it was too insane for me to make up when i confronted her about it later. Turns out it was her way of thinking she was offering 'help' to her friend who was having issues having a kid. Or wanted a kid. I dont loving know. I moved 500 miles away pretty soon after this. I still talk with them, and do family events, but I keep a good arms length away.

Krispy Wafer posted:

That is a tricky way to finally get grandchildren. Just offer your son's spunk up to anyone who needs a little baby pick-me-up.

The Boomer trick that Millennials hate.

I suspect it was exactly this. Now picture a aging middle aged bottle blonde who was on the far side of having 7 kids laughing like a goblin with how ~clever~ they were being in getting more grandkids.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

My boomer dad loves to make everything into a sexual innuendo.

He was visiting for a place to stay so my 6th brother could take a motorcycle class. Its an hour+ drive one way at 5am otherwise, it was only over a weekend.

Judge Judy comes on. Court TV, angry Judge lady, in her 70s or older.

"Juggs Judy!"

:smith: Yes dad. Judge Judy is known for her tits. Good job.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Took my dad to a BBQ place i enjoy. He ordered ribs, then complained that the sauce was not Sweet Baby Rays.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

CPL593H posted:

I don't get why gun guys have to have a whole bunch of guns. How many guns are necessary for "home defense" or "hunting"? Incidentally this just reminded me of some intense boomering I witnessed. A few years back I went into a restaurant with a couple friends and there was a gaggle of boomers sitting at the bar. So when they saw us they started loudly talking about their big collections of guns and what guns they like and their favorite guns from their collection of guns as if any of us gave a poo poo about them.

For me, different caliber, different shooting skills to use. However, I never see a need for those jack wagons with 10 AR-15s, 8 9mms, etc. One of each platform is enough if you are shooting for fun. i own 6. An AR-15 (fun shooting many targets), a scoped bolt action rifle (deer/game), a revolver, a semi auto pistol (both for fun), a long shotgun (birds and small game), a short shotgun (bought out of spite to keep a chud from buying it cause it was cheap and he didnt have the cash at that moment). That covers most any kind of shooting you would want to do. Ammo is locked separately from the locked up guns. gently caress home defense. That's just code for 'I want to shoot a minority'

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

"Hey, Luke, show winterwerefox the colt 1911 I got you."

Luke is my 6th brother. He goes to his room, comes back with a 1911. He was 15 or 16 at this time. He comes back and hands it to me. Being gun safety conscious, I drop out the magazine, and rack the slide. loving one in the chamber, full magazine.

An incredulous me to Luke "Why the hell is this loaded? Why are you keeping this loaded?"

My boomer dad to me "You always treat a gun like its loaded. An unloaded gun is just a badly shaped hammer."

Like I was the idiot in that situation.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

LabyaMynora posted:

It's not just 24-hour news. For decades local news has been all about, "THIS COMMON THING THAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR HOME RIGHT NOW WILL KILL YOU, YOUR KIDS, YOUR GRANDKIDS, AND YOUR PETS!!! TUNE IT AT 10PM TO FIND WHAT IT IS!!!"

News at 10:59PM "It's bleach, don't drink it."

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Shouldnt burglars just murder the residents asking these questions in these states and take their guns, because the burglar has a sincere, proven history that gun owners are blood thirsty and premeditating the crime?

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

or look for NRA MAGA THINBLUELINE PUNISHER TRUMP2020 MOLANLABE plastered cars and trucks and take them from their cars. because those chucklefucks keep their guns everywhere. I did car repo for a few years, and would find a gun in those things at least once a week.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Dead mom/missing wife syndrome is more than just 70s-80s sitcoms. Off the top of my head..

MASH- Hawkeye calls his dad all the time, mom is nowhere. This is reaching because of ages involved, but still.
Rifleman- Lucas McCain's wife died when his son was real young
Bonanza- Ben Cartwright had 3 wives die one for each of his sons. Any romances end before the episode is over, by death or leaving the area
Brady Bunch- That is a pair of marriages broke up with deaths
Andy Griffith- they never even say the name of his dead wife. The 'mom' is his live in maid Aunt Bae
Matlock- His wife died, and his daughter eventually reconciled with Matlock to join his law firm.
Columbo- a running joke that his wife is never seen, but that is more a separation of his professional and private lives.

Perry Mason has a deal with Satan himself to only defend the "innocent"

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Oh I'm aware of that. Just in series, there is no proof he is married, but it was not the kind of show to show his personal life either way. He wouldn't lie about it, not his style, but it also could easily be a ploy to throw off those that think they are smarter than this drumpy man with rambling unconnected questions talking about his wife.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Boomers love the racism confirmation that is Ancient Aliens.

That show never goes into White, European objects with the exception of Stonehenge. Thats not White European, though. That is pre Saxon, Pre Roman. So they love that place. But move to the Americas, Africa, or Asia? Oh poo poo, these people couldnt have observation skills to line their religious structures with the sky, to cut rock from a quarry using sand, string and water. Certainly wood and rope cranes couldnt lift these rocks. No no no. loving aliens. After all, they were not white. Therefor, dumber.

I would love to watch a parody of that show covering poo poo built in modern memory.

Modern Aliens. The Hoover Dam.

Who was Hoover? Nobody knows. Was Hoover the name of the aliens who built this place? (goes into the history of the Hoover Dam in factual detail. Then brushes it off as Aliens did it.)

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 27, 2020

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Earwicker posted:

not sure i follow you on that one, the celts/druids were definitely pasty af look at irish people, way whiter than the romans

It took a long time for Irish to be seen as white. Phone posting, but any cartoon work by Thomas Nast depicting Irish show them more like orcs than people. White for a long time meant only those from those nation's that could trace to Charlemagne's empire. Germany, France, places conquered by such, England after the Normans invaded, Saxons before that displacing native Brittonics. Celts, Irish may be pale skinned, but are not of that heritage, and were not seen as white. It's all racist poo poo that is based on politically where you were born or your anscestry vs physical features.

ed for images

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 27, 2020

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I want to point out that while this is true, it is nothing like the treatment Blacks have received in America. Boomers who like to eat at Irish Pubs like to say that the Irish had it just as bad so Black people shouldn't complain so much.

I never said it was comparable to the chattel slavery and 4 centuries of societal beat down of a people. I said white people suck, and will come up with anything to discriminate. And part of that is declaring pasty people from the next Island over not white.

Phlegmish posted:

I can't really look it up right now but I'm pretty sure Stonehenge was built well before any Celts (or Indo-Europeans at all) arrived in the British Isles

e: maybe not Indo-Europeans

Prehistoric peoples get displaced all the time, and Stonehenge was built over 2000-3000 years a bit at a time starting about 7000 years ago. A bit of reading without going to far into it, Stonehenge was built 1000 years before Celts showed on on the islands. Of course, right from the start, you had British ascribing it being built to Merlin or a lost colony of the Saxons, Danes, Romans, Greeks or Egyptians. ANYONE but the native people who were not "white"

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

My understanding is that Middle Eastern, Hispanic, and/or Asian peoples were next on that list, at least as far as the Republican party were concerned around 2000. Then 9/11 happened, Republicans dove whole hog into white identity politics, and the only ones left that might be appealed to on the Republican platform is expats from communist countries that lost their family wealth. Cubans, Vietnamese, wealthy immigrants who's money protects them from being poo poo on as hard.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Tarantula posted:

Not to nitpick but British identity is only a few hundred years old and so is the modern idea of race.

This all started with me bringing up the show Ancient Aliens and how they never bring into the show anything that would be seen as what modern sensibilities would view as a 'white' or western wonder of the world. No worries, I'm very aware how views on race mainly started in recent times to pit the poor against each other.

Ocean Book posted:

whats that baggie test

They take what ever thing they found, say 'If it turns blue, its cocaine/crack and you are going to jail" thing turns blue every time, dude goes to jail.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Canned goods and processed foods as a sign of not being poor. Fresh food was for poor people who had their own garden and couldnt just pay for the ease of prepackaged.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I'm the oldest of 7 kids my parents have had. All boys. Of us, only one has gone on to have kids and he has had 5.

I basically told myself I'd never have a kid until I could take care of them as a good dad.

My insane mom at one point asked me to knock up a friend of hers, with a artificial insemination donation because she wanted a grandkid and her friend was lonely? I dont loving know. I never did even learn her name. I started working the thought of what was just asked out loud like "if.. I did that.. Id need a contract like saying.. this is a donation of genetic material and im not liable as father..." My dad heard this and got pissed at me for "You would just ABANDON your own kid?!"

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Boomers love the gem shopping channels

Walking in to your dad sitting on the floor naked in the living room with milk and cookies as gems display is definitely a memory to have.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Not much more to that story than that. I came home from work, went into the main house to get some food. It was midnight, Tv was on. There was dad butt naked on the carpet cross legged looking up at the tv gem shows with milk and cookies like a kid watching saturday morning cartoons. :yikes: Im so glad when I was living with them I had my own separate building to live in.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

I have 6 brothers. Im going to assume most of them are his. It would be safe to assume not all of them are, but he says they are, so :shrug:

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Boomer parents yelling at me for having myself in books all the time. Boomer mom yelling at me for not being around to help her with building a fence, or move wood, or load hay or something. I was at school.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Spent time with my dad. Casual homophobia about Mayor Butt, how he doesnt want the first lady to be a guy was the least of it. Goes into how he voted Trump because Melania is hot. made fun of iowa some. I diverted to Bernie, and worse he could say about Bernie is how "He will change the entire nation if he gets in" :gritin: Started ranting about how 'they' better not come for his guns. then spent time bad mouthing my dead uncle's wife for being fat and probably transgendered. No, she is just mean and fat.

I use this thread for to much E/N poo poo.

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 11, 2020

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

What up fellow 'smart' goons. As a kid, i taught myself how to read, with those read along books, and I still have a great ability to soak in information. In between 1989 and about 1995, i was moving between two school systems and 5 different schools because of moving back and forth between states. They did not talk to each other. I had pre algebra 4-5 times because of this, as well as basic english, history and science. My complaints to anyone who I could of knowing the material and being bored was met with me being a lazy poo poo, and that I should do the homework anyway if it was so easy and you already know it as 'You like video games. Think of the grades as points. Get all the points. You stupid Idiot!" and "Not doing all your homework is just as bad as a air-defense system missing a nuclear bomber and a city gets destroyed and then the world" from my mom and dad respectively.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

It was near literally that line. He was using Dr Strangelove as his example of how missing anything would lead to bad things.

Be sure to eat all your food, because starving kids in Africa.

edit:
Starship Troopers gets the freedom freedom small government idiots loving the idea of service for citizenship. Despite everything about the Federation is people are in service to the state and not the state in service of the people. They just saw a limited franchise, and feel that THEY would have the civic fortitude to use the vote responsibly. Rather than those people. You know who. :bahgawd:

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 18, 2020

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Lotta OSHA violations in making a baby.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

If you are poor, you are a bad person. Millennials and Younger are all poor. They must be Slothful in their work, for they would succeed if they jsut worked harder. they wouldnt have debt if they jsut tried. Lustful in relations, for they do not marry have have all the kids. filled with wroth over their failures, over things that were always done this way. Envy of their elders success, Gluttonous in their wants with such decadance as avacado toast and coffees. Their Pride keeps wholesome boomer bosses from promoting them, as well as keeping them from asking for better jobs. Their Greed means they dont want to work for anything, and just want others to pay for it.

It is why you should vote Trump. He has none of those traits.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

TPs a boomer's house

"Thank you, Helpful Millenial"

-said no boomer ever

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

My boomer dad heard me whistling that song, asked me if i was thinking of killing myself, if so he would go get his gun and help.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Yes, but

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The boomers on my timeline has been linking poo poo like this. I have given up on arguing with it.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

You would love to make 160$ an hour. Jesus, that is an awesome wage! On your way to being a billionaire! They are even letting you keep it all, no taxes at all! And all your expenses are covered, so you get to keep each and every penny of your earnings! No Rent, Free food, Free medical, cars, and bills!

You need to work 1,000,000,000 hours to earn what Bezos has
Aprox. 41,670,000 days
About 114,155 years
1,427 life times if you lived to 80. with no time off. working 24 hours a day. every day of it.
You earned that first billion after only 713 years! You certainly got a good start when the Black Plague ravaged the world. Because hard work means anyone can be a billionaire.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9awpv5BnSc

This seems relevant to current discussion.

Edit: I'm a moron who doesn't click other people's links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Man, I blame my mom for my poo poo time in school. I probably bitched about this in here before. Between 5th and 10th grades, I was in 5-6 schools. Elementary in Los Angeles, Elementary in rural Oregon, 2nd Elementary in Oregon. Middle School LA, Middle School Oregon. Middle School LA again. High school Oregon till graduation. And she refused to get my records between schools. I had pre-algebra, basic English, and basic history 5 times. by the time high school came about, I had subject matter memorized from taking it so many times previous. My pleas of "Ive already had these subjects, had these classes" were met with calling me lazy, and if its so easy, just do the homework anyway. You Stupid Idiot.

I feel the school systems and my parents failed me hard. By the time I went to college, I got straight A's in a program that half of my cohort failed out of.

When I bring up my doing bad in school, she still says I was just lazy.