Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomers love to forget log in passwords and complaining about making a new one that they’ll immediately forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomer men refuse to do laundry, and often don’t know how a washing machine works.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

You Are A Elf posted:

Boomers think flipping the turn signal on means they immediately and undeniably have the right-of-way to make a lane change RIGHT THIS GODDAMN SECOND in front of you for no reason at all, then get angry when you don’t let them in.

gently caress you, you old gently caress. 10 times out of 10 you’re just getting into my lane because you need to get off this street 10 miles ahead and you’re going to go 10 miles under the speed limit until you reach your destination.

Streets with two left turning lanes can be a nightmare because of this, because drivers will be dumb and think that just because one lane is shorter they can use that and just merge right away instead of waiting.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Wait are we not supposed to know how clocks work now?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Plus how often do those items sell for a high price after being on that show? Someone has to actually want to pay that much, so it doesn’t matter if it’s 40 dollars or 400 dollars if it’s some antique that would just take up more space.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomers can’t figure out online ordering even for something like a pizza place.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/LeishaRiddel/status/1184305524042588161?s=20

Boomers can't see millenials as anything but kids.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rereading It has a good bit where the kids who left town aren’t super rich but are treated as 90k being a lot of money at the time, while the one who stayed and became a librarian only makes 11k and lives fine off it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’ve seen that happen with self checkouts a few times, except the cashiers normally can’t just fix broken ones so they have to stand there listening to someone say it should have been fixed already when other people need help.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I have no idea where and how I picked up “no problem” as a response, but I have yet to be directly confronted over it. I do like how there’s this implied thing where if you don’t say you’re getting enjoyment from serving them it ruins the entire thing.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

CPL593H posted:

Are we sure this is entitlement and not dementia?

I’ve seen it happen a few times too, normally it’s because one time a manager or someone came over and helped them when it wasn’t busy, so now it’s expected. So when you have a busy store and a line they can only wait and get mad no one is helping them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When I worked at a Deli there were a lot of older people who didn’t like to take numbers and assumed that being a regular customer means you can just go next. It put you in a no win solution because either way a manager was getting called.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’ve seen older people take long enough at those where a cashier is so much faster, plus the time after when they didn’t get their order right even though they made it themselves.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

“Where shopping is no problem” doesn’t sound that bad anyway, especially when I want to get in and out as quickly as possible.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’ll usually see older people blame the workers for a company thing they can’t do anything about, like why something costs so much, or why they don’t have something anymore, compared to younger people who tend to know what working those kinds of jobs are like now.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/notmbr/status/1185642170184880128?s=20

Strong boomer energy here

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’ve seen people complain before they can’t park if there are two vehicles surround a spot because they can’t fit, but if they’re both inside the lines that’s just an issue with their vehicle.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If you want to see the angriest boomers and live in a state where you vote on school funding turn on local news a day after a budget passes and they interview older people about it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Boomers will tell anybody their entire life story under any circumstance.

They also think "Are you working hard, or hardly working?" is an insanely funny question to ask to any clerk or customer service rep.

“If you’ve got time to lean, you’ve got time to clean” is one I’ve heard said to workers on break often.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomers love to complain about their cable bill but never actually cut it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Blast of Confetti posted:

lotta boomers going to be real confused why they have to spend their own money to rot in a retirement home

Isn’t it true in some states that if someone can’t pay for a retirement home the bill goes to their kids?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They’ll talk about how safe the country is while getting a doorbell camera for a house that’s a half mile walk from a gate.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There’s always the rumors like “if you see a ribbon tied to someone’s fence that means gang members have marked it to rob” they boomers believe and make it to local news

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There was a site called Literally Unbelievable which got good comments about old people confused and angry about Onion articles and stuff like that.

The most common one tended to be angry comments about the 8 billion dollar abortionplex being built.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomers seem to think giving service workers exact change will confuse them, when even if math isn’t someone s best subject registers are pretty clear about how much someone should get back.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomers love to arrive at a place before it opens and complain the person inside setting up won’t let them in.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/thehgsansostri/status/1191449310216499201?s=21

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomers love to not look at a menu until it’s time to order, even though they get the same thing every time.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Also I don’t know how much this bleeds into Silent Generation, but god forbid you’re a restaurant in Ohio that doesn’t take the Golden Buckeye card giving them 10% off.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There’s an age limit where older people don’t understand that college is going to be expensive no matter what. The cheapest 4 year school in my state is now 12k a year, and I would hear how I just needed to work and save and be more responsible with my money, like it was something you could just save over a summer.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomers love big specialized houses when younger people just want a place of their own.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Leon Einstein posted:

How would you even know someone was using an EBT card?

Where I live you swipe the card before you pay with anything else, which to me would mean that only the EBT items count and everything else they’re paying for themselves, but also racism is a decent sized chunk of it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There are a growing number of over 50 apartment complexes near me so I wonder how that doesn’t get an ageism lawsuit.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomers will order “the same thing as last time” and expect the person to know what it was.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomers love to go to the service desk and want to price match another store, even if it’s not advertised as a service at all.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/rrpre/status/1192862490348179456?s=21

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

A lot of places near me have turned to either the choice of self check out or 2 cashiers with lines of full carts. If they had more cashiers then I’d probably use them more.

Apparently one store wants to move to a system where it’s one big line for cashiers where next available cashier gets the next person, so I wonder how that would go.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

That's at least more rare than the "Shoot them with bacon covered bullets so they for sure go to hell" line.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

For a lot of people if 1 person abuses a system that 99 people benefit from without abusing that’s a completely valid reason to just get rid of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Laurenz posted:

Boomers love blaming things on grand conspiracies they make up in their head.

Trump getting hate for all of the poo poo he continously spouts? It's a massive conspiracy by the liberal snowflakes and the MAINSTREAM MEDIA to turn the USA into an Islamic country.

Boomers hate Sharia law but can never explain what it actually is.