Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Boomers just love rampaging through downtown Neo-Tokyo. If it weren't for the Knight Sabres, we'd be overrun.

Fuckin' Boomers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Just holler loudly at your comely shrimpstress if you want your shrimp cheese noodles mashed into a fine slurry and funneled straight into your disgusting maws, you heaving, wheezing, peery-eyed puddle of biomass. The visible stench rising from your rancid corpulence has caused our insetoid-like waitstaff to slicken our clean floors with their barf. Your behavior is not unlike that of the silt-sifting, bottom feeding invertebrates, we lovingly slaughter in their own carapaces to satiate your cheese clogged intestinal tract. We at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Comp wish you to gobble it up you fat food gently caress!

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Bubba Gump Crisis Tokyo 2040

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Thats right we cant wait to serve whatever mulched up giant isopod we dredged up from the ocean floor in our non-sustainable sea trawler. Slap you meaty paws together in mirth as we auger more miscellaneous fish slurry into your clammy, cholesterol-drenched oesophagus.

Our underpaid footstools relish the opportunity to blast hose the racid stains you leave on our dining chairs. The kind whose corruption spreads up the limbs of all who unwillingly come into contact with it despite their best amputation efforts.

But that just means more haunches for our stew. Your money is no good here. The ink has all ran and faded on accounted of that ph imbalanced gas you so readily flatulate.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
In Greenbow Alabama, one may find the largest Bubba-Gump Shrimp Co in all the world. Much like the Dome of the Rock, at noon one can hear veritible "call to shrimp' uttered by the most pious of shrimpstresses that are cloistered within.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Boomers brought the existential threat that is Mulligrubs. For countless millennia, each generation of humanity was a stalwart vanguard against Mulligrubs tireless attempts to pierce the veil of our reality. It was the Boomers who slipped up though. Now Mulligrubs is always there, lurking in recesses of some half-forgotten dream. The shrill cadence of its cries echoing through the bleeding daylight of a waking nightmare. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC8tZ93avSQ

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

CPL593H posted:

Salo, or the 120 Days of Peel and Eat Shrimp

MANGIARE!!!!

- Shrimpstress

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah it's god-awful but it taps into something honest. I'll take it over Jingle Bell Rock or Holly Jolly Christmas.

Also this movie is peak Boomer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5iue0Wi3gY

Is this an American reimagining of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace?

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

I see Gramma's been dippin into satire of late.

Good one Gramma.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Isnt the elbows on table thing also the complete opposite in some cultures too? I coudlve sworn it was considered really rude not to put you arma fully on the table in German culture or something

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Quit my boomer therapist yesterday. She didn't have terrible opinions or anything but good god was she a poo poo therapist. This was like the third session where she insisted on wasting the entire session on pointless small talk. First I had to set up a zoom session and explain to her how to go through the steps that were displayed on the screen as she was doing them, having been through all of this the last session. Then she was asking me if I was reading anything, then asked me to describe the book plot and then recommended me similar books. Then she cut the session short by like half an hour having talked about nothing and then tried to give me advice about my girlfriends mental health despite her being well and truly on top of that. Such a waste of loving time and money.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
To think if Gygax had made a game called Partners and Pilgrims instead.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Tbh I don't think the name was really relevant. It's not like either dungeons or dragons are inherently offensive things to Christians.

Nonsense moral panic can from anywhere, a title is no defense against it. Remember when Mass Effect was accused of basically being a sex simulator on Fox News? Anything can be twisted if you try hard enough and your audience is unquestioning. Partners and Pilgrims huh? Partners... more like PROLETARIAT. This reds are trying to teach collectivist propaganda to our kids, and wrapping it in the veneer of the pilgrims!

Good lord I can see the Chick tract.

My point wasn't really anything to do with the title but more what if Gygax had instead made a table top RPG that was just cowboys.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

ProperGanderPusher posted:

A weird west RPG tabletop sounds like a ton of fun, ngl.

It's easily converted too:

Nestled atop the cliffs that rise from the Sword Coast Rio Grande, the citadel of Candlekeep Fort Candle houses the finest and most comprehensive collection of writings Rye Whiskey on the face of Faerūn Texas. It is an imposing fortress, kept in strict isolation from the intrigues that occasionally plague the rest of the Forgotten Realms The Oooooold West. It is secluded, highly regimented, and it is home.

Within these hallowed halls of knowledge hootenanny, your story begins. You have spent most of your twenty years of life within this keep's austere walls, under the tutelage of the sage prospector Gorion Gus Higgens. Acting as your father, he has raised you on a thousand tales of heroes and monsters varments, lovers and infidels injuns, battles and tragedies. However, one story was always left untold: that of your true heritage. You have been told that you are an orphan, but your past is largely unknown.

Lately, Gorion Gus Higgens has been growing distant from you, as if some grave matter weighs heavily on his heart hat. You have asked about his concerns as gently as possible, but your queries hootin' and hollerin' has been in vain. Your sole comfort is the knowledge that he is a wise mans man, and you know he will tell you when the time is right. Nonetheless, his silence sobriety is troubling, and you cannot help but feel that something is terribly wrong...

Today, Gorion Gus Higgens has appeared more agitated sober than ever, and now he has uncharacteristically interrupted your chores drinkin' in the middle of the day. Imparting hurried instructions for you to equip yourself for travel, he has handed you what gold GOOOOOOLD!!! he can spare, but given no clue as to why. Nevertheless, you now stand before the Candlekeep Fort Candle Inn Saloon, ready to purchase what you need for an unplanned and unexpected journey.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Samovar posted:

Fine. RJ Johnson.

But you doesn't have to call him that either, for example, one could use the name RJJ

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
And ultimately what really matters in the thread about an aging generation of narcissistic sociopaths, is the veracity of this unrelated story.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Tashilicious posted:

I believe it's also present in sled dogs. I seem to recall there was an arctic expedition that had to eat their dogs, and they suffered from this too. The guy who ate more of the liver than the other died. This is from something I read loving aaaaages ago, when I was like 10, so I may have gotten some details wrong.

The Antarctic Expedition that Douglas Mawson was involved with all died from eating their huskies livers, well the ones who didn't die from other things. Except Mawson, because he was a tough son of a bitch, and I mean that in the nicest way possible because he was by all accounts I've read a pretty stand up guy too.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

Big Boomer Christian:
"Well actually, if you look at ancient texts, you'll see that "The Eye of the Needle" was a name for a small gate into a city, so you actually could get a camel through it if you went slow and blah blah blah so that's why billionaires are good Christians."

I never really understood this justification, yeah sure Jesus, somebody who appears to have constantly spoken in allegory, one time, just skipped the whole morality story to just tell a weirdly specific story, about a gate in Jerusalem and thus was what just giving a hint to gate dimensions of Heavens gate?

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
That's also why there's so many ludicrous moral justifications for slavery that were developed shortly before the civil war. Like phrenology, mental disorders specific to slaves, religious justifications etc.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Agrinja posted:

This is handy because I want to get dumped in the ocean. I don't particularly care what ocean, and I want to get cremated first so don't think this is some kind of concrete and chicken wire job, but yeah.

I believe that's illegal. Not saying it can't be done, an ex of mines family was Sikh and they used to inter deceased relatives ashes in water but they had to do it secretly.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

DorkusMalorkus posted:

There are all kinds of hosed up beliefs people hold about other races, up to and including something like 40% of medical professionals think that Black people physically feel less pain (I didn't bother to look up the statistic about this but I read something about it a while back)

Or this stuff in textbooks:

This poo poo is also still divided along racist phenotypical lines. "Blacks" respond to pain like this and "Jews" respond to pain like that. There aren't huge cultural difference between one group of black people and another. Why, Haitian's experience pain identically to people from Ghana, look at their skin! Also what to do if a person is Asian or African AND Muslim? Native American's would prefer to receive medication blessed by a tribal shaman?! Christ that textbook wouldn't be out of place in the 19th loving century!

The French may respond rudely if you fail to recommend the correct means of pain relief. The German, will resist pain with their overwhelming stench and an Oompah band must be present at all times. The Irishman, being of poor character and breeding, will appear fine but this is merely because they will have stolen the pain medication and mixed it into their beer.

Zeniel fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 16, 2020

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Krispy Wafer posted:

My Woody Allen story is picking Annie Hall from the sad collection of DVD's at the Red Cross. I then got hooked up into the platelet donation machine where I can't move my arms or get up for 3 hours and realized 20 minutes in that I did not want to watch this film. So like that scene from Clockwork Orange.

I do recall liking his moving about the Napoleonic wars in Russia though. So maybe Woody Allen is just insufferable in New York.

I only like that Napoleonic movie because Tony Jay is in it.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Techno music sucks

The hell it does. I would say electronic music partly help me come out my shell music wise and explore other genres and find stuff that I personally enjoyed rather than just listening to what other people told me was good. Plus I found you can go back to the 60's and find good electronic, and there's amazing stuff being made still. poo poo's good.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Gaj posted:

Boomerous has asked me two things. One, I am to procure him a car so he can go upstate on his own. Be it a rental, loaner, or just buy a new car he needs to go upstate this weekend to show face and by god he will! He really needs to go up to pick up mail, utility bills, the lawn, so he can pay them. He has all bills for upstate sent to the house upstate. This is to ensure that the locals; beit the utility company, post office, anyone, thinks that the home owner resides in the house and doesnt actually live in NYC. By sending mail there, and going up once a month he ensures that we are not robbed. ADT does nothing.

He also asked me to help him update his voter registration. Boomerous asked me to help him vote. Now I know he loves Trump, I know he loves republicans. But his voting habits are odd. You see when we go back to his paranoia of The Jew, this carries over to his voting habits. He votes straight incumbent ticket for NYC, all seats. So for local NYC elections hes been voting incumbent/Jewish since 1970. This is because he believes that NY state itself is entrapped by the (Dem-Jewish)Machine Politic and thus to vote against it is futile and injurious to your success. He has voted local Dem since the 70s since why fight the power base, just ingratiate yourself into the structure and never leave. Yes he believes in Taqiya, its ok to suppress your inner morals and convictions to to gain profit!! Oh wait thats just capitalism.

But whats extremely topical is that Boomerous is in the middle of the a move. He is currently, slowly, abandoning his rent controlled studio to move in with my mother. This has been a 3 year process. But he isnt making anything definitive on paper. The rent controlled apartment requires him to state its is primary residence, or face eviction. Hes moving in with my mother into a coop, which requires you to state its your primary residence (and provide a copy of your taxes) or face eviction. Now we all know thanks to Jacob Whols indictment, providing information to the gov when registering to vote WONT alert your activity to any authorities and cause an immediate investigation.....But Im not touching this at all.

Yeah your dad doesn't sound like a boomer he just sounds really mentally ill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

CPL593H posted:

It wasn't written specifically for him but Jones himself has said that the movie took on a whole new meaning when he became the main character and he very deliberately worked that into the film . Keep in mind that this movie was released in 1968 just months after the assassination of Martin Luther King, racial tensions were extremely high at the time and while you maybe could possibly give the ending of that movie the benefit of the doubt later on there is no way audiences in the late 60s and early 70s had such an ambiguous interpretation. Even if they didn't literally kill him because he was black (I see it as completely intentional) in the film the implications of that imagery and how Cooper interacts with Ben is undeniable. They dispose of his body in a way that looks like a lynching has taken place.

In the DVD commentary they also point out that the guy who played the guy who killed the main character watched a screening of the film in a cinema and was apparently one of the only white people there and was nearly attacked after that scene.