Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

buglord posted:

Using ellipses in electronic communication

Maybe they learnt to type from the files in Resident Evil games?...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What did Satan ever do wrong?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

LabyaMynora posted:

Satan's a fictional antagonist whose entire purpose is to be defeated. It's like rooting for Voldemort, or the Darth Vader/Emperor. They exist to be vanquished.

Yeah, but what did he do? I know what Vader and the Emperor did from watching the movies, I've got a pretty good idea what Voldemort did from reading the first four books, I've got no idea what Satan did that was "wrong." I went to Church of England schools for thirteen years, sat through countless RE lessons and assemblies, but I can't tell you why Satan is bad. That's a pretty big flaw in a fictional antagonist.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope that poster's dad talks like Mongo all the time.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Laterite posted:

"I work in healthcare*, and < spouts absolute garbage pseudoscience nonsense >"

* is a phlebotomist who works 10 hours a week and sells melaleuca the rest of the time

Sadly true. When I was first diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome about ten years ago, I was put in touch with a local support group. I decided it probably wasn't worth bothering with when the nurse running it explained she was an acupuncture practitioner. If she'll believe that load of bollocks, why assume anything else she has to say is right?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Something weird dawned on me the last time I watched Batman Forever: Jim Carrey plays the Riddler as what should be, on paper, the world's biggest gay stereotype, what with the Bruce Wayne idolization and glittery outfits and flamboyant manner and uninterest in women and being the meek foil to Two-Face...

And yet this character has never read gay to me, even after I realized this and actively tried, and I wonder why that is exactly. He just comes off like a really loud, fabulous, emotional, extravagant, prancing... totally straight guy! Hell, Bruce Wayne pings my gaydar here harder than the Riddler does.

Speaking of which, I think Val Kilmer is actually a bit underrated in this. Out of everyone he seems the most comfortable in the role of Batman, and while his Bruce doesn't at all seem as psychologically tortured as the script tells us he is, I appreciate that you can tell he was trying to keep at least some continuity with Keaton's take on the character.

Forever is the only one of the Burton/Schumacher movies I still like. Might give Batman & Robin a watch at some point as I've either not seen it or only seen it once and it's totally faded from my memory.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope China doesn't find out that I spend most of my time arsing about on the internet and drinking Diet Coke. The consequences of that are too shocking to contemplate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

purple death ray posted:

Lol they're already using cell phone data to track down people who go to protests and arresting them days later. It's cool that all you do is sit on your rear end drinking diet coke but there are, shockingly, other people who do things besides you

Yes, and that's a bad thing. I would suggest that, if you're going to protest against an oppressive government and possibly break the law, don't take a GPS-enabled device that's registered to you with you.