Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Anne Whateley posted:

some boomers...aren't white

That doesn't stop them from being bigots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

number 1 snake fan posted:

The Dominion War was the worst part of that series

:can:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

killer crane posted:

I've never had an led bulb last over a year. is it a brand things? a type of led?

The led bulb in my bedside lamp is in its third year of use.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

GreatGreen posted:

I am a male who has no trouble asking for directions on the road or where something is in a store. The logic of course is that the faster I learn that info from whatever source, the faster I can get on with my life.

Sometimes I wonder where the stereotype comes from about how men absolutely won’t ask for directions or help for anything because they’re just too proud to admit they don’t know everything in the entire universe at once right this second.

Boomers. That’s where the stereotype comes from. Boomers are so proud and egoistical that they would rather waste 3 hours driving in the wrong direction or wandering aimlessly around in a store for an entire afternoon not knowing what the gently caress instead of taking the two seconds to get the info from a source that isn’t their own very stable genius minds.

No, men were like that before boomers were born.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

LabyaMynora posted:

I was talking with some coworkers, my age and younger, about vaccines in the context of one coworker's baby needing them soon, and an older Gen-X literally popped up over the cubicle wall to tell us she's anti-vax. She's a dog lady, so without thinking, I just blurted out, "but you vaccinate your dogs, don't you?" She does.

Fortunately her now adult daughter was vaccinated as a kid, and this lady's opinions aren't directly effecting any current children, but still...

Young anti-vaxxers are not vaccinating their dogs and cats because: autism! In dogs.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Isn't Magneto a Holocaust surviver?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

I was last, that was a no hire

But I wonder how many stories of people who got hit by ageism is just people getting hit with casual racism being unacceptable in the non chud workforce today

It's a very real problem for women.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Ageism.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Carth Dookie posted:

It's cherry season here and over the last 3 days for Christmas I'm pretty sure I've eaten 2-3kg worth by myself.

Cherries are the best fruit.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Lord Stimperor posted:

I mean when I was a kid and asking my dad about green policy (it was on the news), he literally said he wouldn't care if climate chenged wrecked the planet since he wouldn't be around to see it anyway

And then doing everything possible to extend their lifespan.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

bitterandtwisted posted:

flamethrowers.

Girl Scouts would have been awesome! Instead, we had to fuss about with tinder and sticks. Boring!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Solkanar512 posted:

Ask them about all that ascetic acid that they put in the vinegar and enjoy the show.

*snicker*