Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Re: unlocked door chat

My parents will come by my place but instead of calling first (to see if i'm even there) they'll just pull up and shout my name from the street or driveway or wherever.

When I said hey call first or just text me when you're here because I might have headphones on or any number of things which prevent me from hearing them mumbling whisper quiet from many meters away.

They get mad saying they shouldn't need an "appointment" to see their son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Anyone want me to deliver a love letter to billie? Her house (her dad's house? i dunno) is on my regular bike route.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I don't care about iphone!

He said as the final seal was broken and he ascended to the astral realm cross-legged in his jorts

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Chief McHeath posted:

Boomers love to pay for the most expensive cable package, only watch free Roku channels and tell you they're getting a bargain by only watching the free stuff.

My parents won’t spring for Hulu or Netflix or anything but yeah have some crazy cable package.

They watch crackle and claim to “like” the ads. Like they won’t get Spotify premium because they like having a break during the song for ads.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i went to the bookstore today and bought two physical books like the cowardly millenial i am.

(atlas of middle earth and master of the revels)

I have a kindle but eh

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

lol if you make turns in your car. i drive in a straight line and yeah, gently caress you if you don't like it!! i'll never turn b1tch

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

And this is why steam was a failure

eh, like steam is good for sales but no one is going to pay 60$ for a "digital" copy when they can get an actual copy from the store

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

yeah i mean my grandfather was in ww2 sortof (artilleryman in Alaska) so i guess i'm steam generation

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

don't you hate it when your mailbox is stuff full of thoughtful letters from your loved ones

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

gently caress it, everyone born after 1980 until the end of time is a millennial

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

weird that Korbs is only a southwest thing

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

how can you be "good" at bingo? aren't you just like marking a random card??

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

yeah with fahrenheit or however you spell it you can say "oh it's 70 today" or "oh it's 90 today"

but with celcius it's like "oh it's 15.59285256 hexadegrees tovarishch"

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

why are you hitting yourself why are you hitting yourself, but labelled boomer and millennial

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I remember in grade school asking what "ICQ" meant. And got lambasted for it and was probably called gay for not understanding it.

Anyway.

Could someone explain what ICQ means, not for me, but just in case people still don't know

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

she seems dope i'll drop my can of rotten fish in the voting tub on election day for her or whatever you folks do over there

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

CPL593H posted:

In the 90s people wore a lot of frumpy and/or ill-fitting jeans. Also cargo pants. People wore loving cargo pants. There might be a lot of similar pieces but the cuts are noticeably different and there are certain types of patterns and designs you won't see anymore. This is a pretty good example:

saw some chick dressed like monica in the pub last night. phoebe looking good. i guess women's 90s is ok, men's sorta sucks

love the weird top button on ross' pants? is it like a zipper fly but with double top buttons? Why that button so low??

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

reddit recommend the "xennial" community to me because i love "history"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Amazon does free same day delivery if you spend 35 bucks, just stopped going to grocery stores entirely because gently caress it why bother