Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

I don't think I can make it then, but thank you for telling me. If I can move a doctor's appointment (I have a heavy medicine appt. right around there) or somehow free up, I'll let you know.

I think I'm going to talk to my range (Place to Shoot) and see if my +1 could be extended to more people.

Still haven't forgotten about the email to Gale's I need to send. Should get it out later today.

Edit:

Hey Android! I'm an idiot, could you confirm which page has Gale Creek's info? I'll send the email once I know it's to the right website. There is a lot.

This one? - http://www.camprandr.com

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My sole partiality is to that delectable spiced meat. Any additional confederation of vegetables shall not compromise the pie as I see it.

If y'all want to have a shoot in calendar 2019 I'd get on it soon, we're now in the narrow window between fire season and mud season.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

If y'all want to have a shoot in calendar 2019 I'd get on it soon, we're now in the narrow window between fire season and mud season.

I've got the email typed out and will send it today, I just want to make sure I'm emailing the right place.

I don't give a poo poo how long it takes, we WILL have a shoot. I have 500 rounds of Grendel, which is approximately 400 rounds too many for me to shoot.

(Mud Season? I didn't know that was a thing but it makes sense.)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Captain Log posted:

I don't think I can make it then, but thank you for telling me. If I can move a doctor's appointment (I have a heavy medicine appt. right around there) or somehow free up, I'll let you know.

I think I'm going to talk to my range (Place to Shoot) and see if my +1 could be extended to more people.

Still haven't forgotten about the email to Gale's I need to send. Should get it out later today.

Edit:

Hey Android! I'm an idiot, could you confirm which page has Gale Creek's info? I'll send the email once I know it's to the right website. There is a lot.

This one? - http://www.camprandr.com

Yes that's it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Word.

Email sent! I'm asking about Sundays. I'll keep you all abreast of what's cracking.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

CainFortea posted:

Okay, I have a new to me gun I want to go shoot at the range.

I will be going to the Tri-County Gun Club at 10am this Sunday the 3rd. I will bring up to 2 guests if you are not members but want to go. There's no range fees or anything.

or if any of you other members kicking around here want to meet up then that's fine too.

I will be going to the short range pistol (Unless it's busy then i'll go to the longer range one that doesn't have target carriers to take your targets down range).

I can also be convinced to go to the black powder/steel range to plink steel targets with a my 10/22, though if someone's got a PCC we should be able to shoot that there too.

Hi. Picked up several 50-round boxes of Blazer 124g 9mm from Bi-mart for $8.97 each so I'm down to try out TCGC. What's the details of going? Never been there before. Will I get laughed at for bringing my gear?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

Hi. Picked up several 50-round boxes of Blazer 124g 9mm from Bi-mart for $8.97 each so I'm down to try out TCGC. What's the details of going? Never been there before. Will I get laughed at for bringing my gear?

Well, the tactical bays are where that kind of gear typically get used. But i'm not tactical certified and neither are you and those bays are being used on Sunday for some kind of training/competition.

So this will just be a regular target range visit.

Since you'd be coming as my guest, basically we meet up nearby, we drive to the range (I have to badge you in) and then you sign a waiver. No fees or anything. But we can't shoot at the same time, since I have to be watching you while you shoot. The ranges I plan on going to on sunday will be pistol and steel targets, which means shooting either pistols or .22 rifles/PCCs.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Good to know. If my warbelt/holster is a nogo then I'll leave it at home just bring my guns/ammo. I assume targets aren't supplied, so I can print up stuff at work today.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Good to know. If my warbelt/holster is a nogo then I'll leave it at home just bring my guns/ammo. I assume targets aren't supplied, so I can print up stuff at work today.

Or we buy them at the club house for like .25 or .50 each. And yea, there's no holster drawing or anything on the target ranges. Gun should be cased, and only uncased on the firing line.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Range Update - Still waiting on response. Will loop everyone in when I hear back.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

There's an Airsoft game at Camp R&R this weekend.

I won't be at it so I can't ask for availability.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Well, I went shooting with a goon and didn't end up dead and stuffed so i'll call that a success. Even if my gun jammed up.

I'll offer this again sometime after I finish getting my shooting stuff setup and get all my guns clean.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Nice to meet you too. Got more time behind my Glock & I'm slowly getting better.

Deliberate shooting at the pistol range at 5 yards. Called shots & my groupings are not 6" low anymore.

Seriously thinking of signing up to TCGC now.

Also looking forward to goon shooting meet if Captain Log gets info from Camp T&R.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Even if that range falls through, it will happen. Even if I have to take people to my range, one at a time.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Knife and Gun show this weekend in Salem at the fairgrounds. $7 admission. I'm likely going since it's a 10 minute drive for me and I STILL have never been to a gunshow.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Last time I went to a gunshow there was only one nazi table and half of it was allied stuff too so he may not be a nazi.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I'm going to the gun show the following weekend in Portland, mainly because my friend is working one of the booths that weekend.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

That gun show was fun! Kinda small, minimal chud poo poo, really cool old guns laid out to look at and finger.

Highlights were handling a k31 for the first time, seeing some Arisakas, seeing some really really sad milsurp held together by tape, 2 separate tables had '53 polish manufactured m44s in like new condition for $500, Finn mosins for $400, also seeing some hilariously overpriced poo poo.

Almost bought a type 38 or a Romanian. 22 trainer.

Edit: I wasnt really there for the knives but there was your typical assortment of cheap poo poo, old bayonets, and kitchen cutlery. Some tables did have old swords and true curios like a cheesspot bayonet captured by germans or a gunto sabre.

Action-Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 10, 2019

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

As I'm heading back home from the Portland gun show I remembered that one vendor had purple Lanceer mags. I didn't pick them up since I forgot about them after seeing said vendor didn't have other parts I wanted.

Sorry, Captain Log.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

As I'm heading back home from the Portland gun show I remembered that one vendor had purple Lanceer mags. I didn't pick them up since I forgot about them after seeing said vendor didn't have other parts I wanted.

Sorry, Captain Log.

Donít you worry one bit! They recently popped back up at a few vendors and I snagged one.

Still never got a response from the gun range people. Iím not really expecting much going into the holidays, but damnit Iíd like to get a date nailed down. Even if itís six months from now. My box of Grendel ammo is getting itchy.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I'll see the guy from Camp R&R 1st weekend of December as we're both going to an Airsoft toy drive game out in St. Paul. I'll talk to him about a potential shoot weekend.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I'll see the guy from Camp R&R 1st weekend of December as we're both going to an Airsoft toy drive game out in St. Paul. I'll talk to him about a potential shoot weekend.

Awesome, thanks for that. Seeing as how difficult the few months we tried to schedule were, plus the record setting rain weekend, Iím ok with scheduling months out. If we manage to have enough notice Iíd bet some Seattle and far away Oregon Goons might attend.

Iím fine with being the primary contact guy too. Iíve got the time to play email tag right now.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My sole partiality is to that delectable spiced meat. Any additional confederation of vegetables shall not compromise the pie as I see it.

Is it normal for ranges to be that much of a pain in the rear end to go shoot at on a weekend? Down here we just go.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

Is it normal for ranges to be that much of a pain in the rear end to go shoot at on a weekend? Down here we just go.

I have no clue. Back in Tennessee there were a poo poo ton of cheap ranges. Portland ranges have a lot more rules.

Iíd love to just go wandering out on BLM land with a load of goons, but I need flat, easy terrain to be able to walk. I think Iím infinitely less feeble than most people imagine, but hills and inclines gently caress me up.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

What's the maximum acceptable driving radius from PDX for this?

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

The further south of Portland the easier it will be for me to join in.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

What's the maximum acceptable driving radius from PDX for this?

Iím thinking an hour, but if I can hitch a ride we could probably push it it further. I canít camp, but could stay at a hotel if itís an overnight thing.

With enough advance warning I can use the family car. If itís more than a few months away I might have my own wheels by then.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I know the folks that run Camp R&R so I'm surprised they're not being as responsive in communication.

I like the place because it's private. That means not worrying about strangers rolling up, taking spots, and being unsafe around us.

I have no problem using BLM, as I usually use the range at North Fork Wolf Creek Road. I'm also down to drive a bit to shoot, as I've repeatedly gone out to Astoria to shoot with friends. If people know of other places, I'm down to check it out.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I know the folks that run Camp R&R so I'm surprised they're not being as responsive in communication.

I like the place because it's private. That means not worrying about strangers rolling up, taking spots, and being unsafe around us.

I have no problem using BLM, as I usually use the range at North Fork Wolf Creek Road. I'm also down to drive a bit to shoot, as I've repeatedly gone out to Astoria to shoot with friends. If people know of other places, I'm down to check it out.

I used the form on their website and I believe it went to an Information@ address. Who knows if it gets checked.

I think that spot looks ideal when we consider how central it is for all the Portland goons. But I know the southern Oregon goons would be in for a hike.

I'm surprised the southern Oregon goons haven't gone shooting yet. But Duccy disappeared and I'm having trouble finding her mailing address. I at least want to send her little family a Christmas card (I'm British, it's what we do) and tell her the forums miss her. She was beyond generous to a lot of goons.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The southern OR goons are, as far as I know, myself and Duccy, and I'm in Portland a big chunk of the time these days. So lol.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

The southern OR goons are, as far as I know, myself and Duccy, and I'm in Portland a big chunk of the time these days. So lol.

I could have sworn there were more. Hmmm.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My stupid rear end idea is as follows:

From roughly 12/26 thru new year, rounded up to the nearest weekend, I'll be about 2 hours east of Portland out in bumfuck Washington, where there are probably a half dozen good shooting spots just on BLM that are solidly good enough. I have no idea, but I have friends there I can ask who hunt those blm roads and would know.

I will be staying on a homestead. I have shot there but I don't know if a group shoot would fly within the distance we can get on the property, but there's plenty of space to camp if people want to. Again, haven't talked to anybody but I'm 96% certain they'll either say "sure" or at least want like some five bucks a tent hipcamp amount, since that's a thing they do during the season.

Log, i know you can't camp, we can probably scare up a bed that isn't great but functions if you can bring bedding and otherwise deal with it being a crappy mattress and/or cold, idk if that's a thing with your medical bullshit or not

there will be other windows to do this in the spring so this isn't a "must poo poo or get off the pot" thing, but if we were gonna do it I'd want a firm plan at least a month out just to make sure the hosts where I'm at are cool with it, they have their own poo poo going on and etc but it sounds like that'll still be less phone tag than some of these ranges, jesus christ

I don't know if 2 hours is acceptable to a majority or not, I've just seen a lot of "idk where to shoot" being the factor holding us back, this is just the only option I can add to the discussion at present

alternatively, I would be down to just get pizza with you weird fuckers in portland at some point in the ~10 days before christmas if that's viable, if that becomes the only realistic way to actually meet in calendar 2019. We could probably occupy that same sizzle pie with a decent sized group, if like NE 41st isn't too far for anyone, lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

While I'm not against a 2 hour trip to meet goons, I'm heading to Maryland December 18th & won't be back until after New Year's. That said if anybody is down for meeting up with Javid/other goons, do it!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

yeah I mean regardless of the specific plan, if we want to actually do a thing sooner than later it's about time to pick whatever thing works for the most people and do that thing

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Yeah, roughing it probably wouldnít work for me for details Iíd rather keep to myself, but I absolutely do not want my being unable to do it keep a meet from happening. As Iíve learned in other locales, the first goon meet is always the hardest.

Over the holidays, I would be so down to share some pizza and hang out with anyone needing a break from family. That pizza place you and your buddies were doing tabletop at was absolutely killer. My holidays just consist of my father and I, so Iím not tied down with a ton of obligations.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Two hours east of Portland in bumfuck WA sounds like my neck of the woods. Rattlesnake has a good range, and there's definitely BLM/etc land around.
I have a bunch of stairs so probably not an especially log friendly house

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I like turtles posted:

Two hours east of Portland in bumfuck WA sounds like my neck of the woods. Rattlesnake has a good range, and there's definitely BLM/etc land around.
I have a bunch of stairs so probably not an especially log friendly house

I'm feeling dangerous waves of something awful nostalgia about how close we are getting to, "Do you have stairs in your house?"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

2 hours east is a pretty doable thing for me with enough notice. Also sometimes I drive east just to get out of the rain. I would also get pizza in town with you guys sometime.

Are we talking around Goldendale or something?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

therobit posted:

2 hours east is a pretty doable thing for me with enough notice. Also sometimes I drive east just to get out of the rain. I would also get pizza in town with you guys sometime.

Are we talking around Goldendale or something?

ding. I spend a big hunk of my time at a homestead near there.

we can't shoot THERE specifically but there's BLM everywhere, I can only assume there's at least a few "the quarry" level locations within a reasonable radius of town, as is the case everywhere except, apparently, Portland.

it's also entirely possible it will snow before or during the event and any plans we make will be forfeit, just because of the time period we're discussing here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I'm down with Goldendale and/or surrounding!

«13 »