Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Have we ever discussed going to the English Pit in Vancouver? I have never been but it is a public outdoor range with no membership requirements and a $20ish entry fee.

I'm thinking about going this Saturday maybe around noon. I can pick up goons along the way that live on the east side between Gladstone and the Couve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I've been to the English Pit. It's ok. I've only used the pistol range & pokes my head in the rifle range when one of my friends was zeroing his VEPR. Usual range bs (slow fire only, rifle has to be benched) but not bad otherwise.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

So yeah guys, I will be going to the English Pit sometime around noon on Saturday as long as it isn't raining. I will bring my new .308 to sight in and probably my wingmaster 12 gauge if I have time to buy some shells. I can pick up any goons on the east side between Gladstone and Vancouver.

Anyone in for a goon shoot?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Possibly. My family Thanksgiving is on that day, but it's at 4.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Merry Christmas, Cascadin goons. May Santa bring you ammo for all the guns he'll bring you.

Let's meet up to shoot the gifts you got today in 2020z

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Merry Christmas, Cascadin goons. May Santa bring you ammo for all the guns he'll bring you.

Let's meet up to shoot the gifts you got today in 2020z

gently caress. Yes.

Iíve been gifted something that absolutely requires goon shoot-ery.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Log posted:

gently caress. Yes.

Iíve been gifted something that absolutely requires goon shoot-ery.

Merry Christmas Ore-goons

Got pics Log or do you plan on keeping us in suspense?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Action-Bastard posted:

Merry Christmas Ore-goons

Got pics Log or do you plan on keeping us in suspense?

Phone posting for a bit. They will be up a little later!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I'll be leaving to go out of town on Saturday and coming back on the 1st, but the following two weekends I currently have an open calendar. My brother tells me there is an old quarry in Banks (Brown's camp) and shooting areas at Memaloose and off Hillockburn road. I have a .308 hunting rifle (Savage axis) that was supposed to be boresighted out of the box but that I can't even hit paper with at 50 yards, so I would rather do something like informal than a range. I also have a .224 that needs sighted in, a 30-30/ 20 gauge camp gun, and a Wingmaster.

Log- If you would need a ride I will pick you up as long as we schedule ahead of time. I know it's hard on your legs to make an hour long drive. If terrain is an issue I can get a truck and bring a wheelbarrow to cart you from the truck to the shooting area.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

I'll be leaving to go out of town on Saturday and coming back on the 1st, but the following two weekends I currently have an open calendar. My brother tells me there is an old quarry in Banks (Brown's camp) and shooting areas at Memaloose and off Hillockburn road. I have a .308 hunting rifle (Savage axis) that was supposed to be boresighted out of the box but that I can't even hit paper with at 50 yards, so I would rather do something like informal than a range. I also have a .224 that needs sighted in, a 30-30/ 20 gauge camp gun, and a Wingmaster.

Log- If you would need a ride I will pick you up as long as we schedule ahead of time. I know it's hard on your legs to make an hour long drive. If terrain is an issue I can get a truck and bring a wheelbarrow to cart you from the truck to the shooting area.

I think you all will be surprised at how mobile I can be, especially with my leg braces.

Even though I haven't used it in ages, I could always bring my big monster walker. Steep inclines, steps, gravel, and poo poo like that are hard. But just walking on flat terrain isn't too much of a struggle. Getting up and down to set up targets, laying down prone and getting up, that might be hard.

Thank you for thinking of me. Seriously, it means a lot. Also, a hour drive only sucks if I'm driving. Being a passenger isn't awful.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I think you all will be surprised at how mobile I can be, especially with my leg braces.

Even though I haven't used it in ages, I could always bring my big monster walker. Steep inclines, steps, gravel, and poo poo like that are hard. But just walking on flat terrain isn't too much of a struggle. Getting up and down to set up targets, laying down prone and getting up, that might be hard.

Thank you for thinking of me. Seriously, it means a lot. Also, a hour drive only sucks if I'm driving. Being a passenger isn't awful.

Sure thing. I just don't know the terrain or what we might run into. FYI since I still went there Thanksgiving Weekend: The English Pit in Vancouver is 20 bucks after tax and is a really long and steep set of wood and earth stairs to get down. If you got down there I am not sure how you'd get back up. It is probably best you didn't come along on that one. Also it was really cold and windy so it kind of sucked TBH.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

Sure thing. I just don't know the terrain or what we might run into. FYI since I still went there Thanksgiving Weekend: The English Pit in Vancouver is 20 bucks after tax and is a really long and steep set of wood and earth stairs to get down. If you got down there I am not sure how you'd get back up. It is probably best you didn't come along on that one. Also it was really cold and windy so it kind of sucked TBH.

Yeah, poo poo. Steep stairs would be a no go for me.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Captain Log reminded me of our planned goon shoot in the AR-15 thread, so here's the sitrep:

I was at Camp R&R last weekend & it looks like they got their 2020 calendar set up. Reserved days so far are March 11-12, May 30-June 10. The 1st weekends of the month are usually reserved for Airsoft too.

Of course there are other options regarding places kinda near the Portland area, so Camp R&R isn't the definitive spot we can utilize. Suggestions are always welcome.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Captain Log reminded me of our planned goon shoot in the AR-15 thread, so here's the sitrep:

I was at Camp R&R last weekend & it looks like they got their 2020 calendar set up. Reserved days so far are March 11-12, May 30-June 10. The 1st weekends of the month are usually reserved for Airsoft too.

Of course there are other options regarding places kinda near the Portland area, so Camp R&R isn't the definitive spot we can utilize. Suggestions are always welcome.

That far in advance would be awesome. I normally have to plan my outings a little bit.

Which group of dates is more realistic for everyone? Also, which group of dates equals nicer weather in Portland?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Is there a reason why we haven't tried Brown's Camp yet? Is it just because of the chance of irresponsible shooters showing up at a public location?

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

therobit posted:

Is there a reason why we haven't tried Brown's Camp yet? Is it just because of the chance of irresponsible shooters showing up at a public location?

That's exactly why.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My sole partiality is to that delectable spiced meat. Any additional confederation of vegetables shall not compromise the pie as I see it.

Is there a chance of this thread agreeing on a location during q1 2020? I think that's probably more vital than getting an ideal spot.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I'm open to more or less any area in the Oregon/Washington area if given enough time. I'm going to Goldendale, WA on May 17th & June 13 for Cerberus Training so it should be noted that I'm willing to drive 3+ hours to go shooting.

I met with a friend this morning for breakfast who just became a member of a gun range down near Estacada. I can ask if they'd be willing to host us if you want.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

I'm going to Goldendale, WA

Checking out the observatory while you're there is worthwhile, especially if you can stick around for a night show.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ooh that's cool. I may be carpooling so I'd need to convince my travel mates to stick around.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I'd just like to re-iterate something -

Please, please, please don't let my limitations for this shoot be a big factor. If there is a day and place that works for everyone but me, don't worry about it!

I'm a hell of a lot better than I was a year ago and surprisingly mobile with my braces, but certain outdoor areas or spots really far from home will be a bridge too far for me.

On another, more event planning note, here is my thought - Should we pick a location, then a date? Or a date then a location? I think we didn't get this done last year because we had too many variables going at once. If we want to make this work, we should try and get decisions done one step at a time.

(The record setting rain weekend also hosed us last year. Can't control the weather.)

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My sole partiality is to that delectable spiced meat. Any additional confederation of vegetables shall not compromise the pie as I see it.

Oh hey, nice timing, I'll probably be parked out in goldendale around then. There's plenty of BLM out there, I've unsuccessfully tried to get us to go shoot out there~ish so hey.

I think you need to pick a place and time that works for as many people in the thread as possible without worrying about accommodating EVERYONE. "We are meeting at x place on y day" is further than this thread has ever gotten.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Comfy sponk posted:

That's exactly why.

At that point we would rule out all public ranges and BLM land. I kind of think maybe we should just take over Brown's Camp some weekend since it's close to Portland.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Javid posted:

Oh hey, nice timing, I'll probably be parked out in goldendale around then. There's plenty of BLM out there, I've unsuccessfully tried to get us to go shoot out there~ish so hey.

I think you need to pick a place and time that works for as many people in the thread as possible without worrying about accommodating EVERYONE. "We are meeting at x place on y day" is further than this thread has ever gotten.

Cool, but as I said I'll be at a class so I don't know what my availability is during those days. If there's cool BLM out there I'm down to check it out.

If we want to avoid non-vetted folks I'm going to strongly recommend either finding some completely remote spot that nobody knows (which is near impossible) or we get a private range.

I can get Camp R&R, and I'm asking my friend about another private club range (probably) near Estacada. I know one more spot out in Astoria but it's BLM & I know that's kind of far for some folks.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

This weekend if it's not lovely weather i'm going to go up the mountains in estacada area and see if they've re-opened the road up to the good quarries. And if they haven't, there's a back way it's just long and annoying.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Location-wise, that Camp R&R place seems pretty ideal. I never heard back when I emailed them, but who knows how often people check their @information emails they always post on old websites.

I have a lot of carry ammo that needs to get cycled out. It would be fun if we could use some reactive targets.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

My plan is to keep an eye on y'all's posting and if things line up for me I'll speak up.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

tangy yet delightful posted:

My plan is to keep an eye on y'all's posting and if things line up for me I'll speak up.

(Dammit, he stole my idea)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

tangy yet delightful posted:

:fast forward to December when we are all quietly looking at the POST button with clean guns and way more ammo than we need:

Also, I think you're the first person I've ever met who likes the Titans enough to have their logo prominently displayed...anywhere.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Sooooooooooooo...

With the state kind of on lockdown due to COVID-19 I'm figuring this event will be on the back burner until things sort themselves out. Be safe out there, Cascadian goons!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Sooooooooooooo...

With the state kind of on lockdown due to COVID-19 I'm figuring this event will be on the back burner until things sort themselves out. Be safe out there, Cascadian goons!

Yeah, I sorta unfortunately figured that.

It's like the universe doesn't want us to meet and gun fondle. Damnit. I've got that box of Grendel to waste!!!

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

We could go shooting in hazmat suits, matching hazmat suits. If people ask we'll say we're the FEMA death squads.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

We aint gonna have over 250 goons shooting, we'll be fiiiine

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Action-Bastard posted:

We could go shooting in hazmat suits, matching hazmat suits. If people ask we'll say we're the FEMA death squads.

Being the cheapskate, I'll go to Home Depot & buy those disposable cotton painters coveralls, masks, safety goggles, and a hardhat.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I have some blue PMAGS!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I just attended a different shooting thing in Vegas and am far more concerned about having gotten the 'rona there than I would be with a bunch of Portland-area people. I can't make it to Portland within the potential incubation period anyway, so if I can physically show up you probably won't have to worry about getting it from me (lol)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

I just attended a different shooting thing in Vegas and am far more concerned about having gotten the 'rona there than I would be with a bunch of Portland-area people. I can't make it to Portland within the potential incubation period anyway, so if I can physically show up you probably won't have to worry about getting it from me (lol)

I do not trust the immune systems of the average Portland person. We all probably run into a lot of completely unvaccinated people and don't even know it.

When someone hasn't vaccinated, I feel like it's a way of saying, "My beliefs are more important than your actual health."

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I do not trust the immune systems of the average Portland person. We all probably run into a lot of completely unvaccinated people and don't even know it.

When someone hasn't vaccinated, I feel like it's a way of saying, "My beliefs are more important than your actual health."

Make a cross with your fingers and chant:

Salus populi suprema lex esto

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

There are also zero vaccines for c19 so this one is legitimately not on that crowd (yet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Governor ordered all schools close starting monday. Panic buying is gonna get worse as people will need more food for their kids being home.

«13 »