Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

I like turtles posted:

Is there a likely "real" range that stuff would be at? I will need to put down an address for the 5320.20 form to bring my skorpion.

And by "likely" I mostly mean, "conceivably possible"

For the big shoot? I donít think we have hammered out which city itís going to be in.

Edit : Would my address work? Not sure what that form is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Javid posted:

The one I'm always plugging is at 7407 Highland Ave, Grants Pass, OR 97526

Excellent, thanks. I think I'll plan on visiting your range sometime. If plans change for some given meetup and it ends up not being your range but still in Oregon, oh well.

Captain Log posted:

For the big shoot? I don’t think we have hammered out which city it’s going to be in.

Edit : Would my address work? Not sure what that form is for.

For NFA stuff other than suppressors, you have to tell the ATF that you intend to transport it interstate, and they have to approve it. You have to list a specific address where you'll be going, but the form is good for up to a year.
Suggestion from Rat is to list a possible range as the address

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

I learned something today. I thought you had to do it every time you were leaving the state. That would really blow.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Well poo poo thatís a pain. If my condos address can be of any help just let me know.

Iím hoping that if Action and I get out next weekend, that we can discuss some spots. Also, Duccy being Duccy, we will make it work for her as well.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013

*me and my boyfriend when we first started dating*

him: so you were married twice before?

me: yes

him: any kids?

me: no they were both adults

Captain Log posted:

Well poo poo thatís a pain. If my condos address can be of any help just let me know.

Iím hoping that if Action and I get out next weekend, that we can discuss some spots. Also, Duccy being Duccy, we will make it work for her as well.

Iíll be in PDX:

Going to check out some homes and stuff but Iíll be available to shoot also, just let me know what guns to bring!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Duccy posted:

Iíll be in PDX:

Going to check out some homes and stuff but Iíll be available to shoot also, just let me know what guns to bring!

Woop woop!

Those dates are the dates you're in town? Or you think it will be permanent soon?

Sunnyside Road in Happy Valley is right next to a bunch of national park land. Check that place out.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My sole partiality is to that delectable spiced meat. Any additional confederation of vegetables shall not compromise the pie as I see it.

I'm officially free that weekend.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013

*me and my boyfriend when we first started dating*

him: so you were married twice before?

me: yes

him: any kids?

me: no they were both adults

Captain Log posted:

Woop woop!

Those dates are the dates you're in town? Or you think it will be permanent soon?

Sunnyside Road in Happy Valley is right next to a bunch of national park land. Check that place out.

Spending a couple days in town to check out a home or three.

May turn into permanent if we find a match!

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I've gotta get on a plane that Sunday probably so I will miss out.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Duccy posted:

Spending a couple days in town to check out a home or three.

May turn into permanent if we find a match!

That would be soooo awesome. When you're in town, I'll buy you and the boyfriend a beer if you have free time.

It might be a little short notice for the big shoot, because I think a lot of people from over two hours away might try to make it. But we will sure as gently caress get together whoever we can on those days!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Hm, I think I have that weekend open.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Captain Log posted:

If by "right next to" you mean almost 1.5 hour drive, then sure. Sunnyside is right between happy valley and clackamas. The only place to shoot near sunnyside is the indoor sheriff's range. And they are basically pistol only, and you have to buy their steel ammo at the range.

Edit: staying on that side of the river means going up into the quarries, there is one right off the freeway that doesn't require high clearance vehicles. But considering the weather that may be really packed.

Or I can bring a few folks to the range over on the other side of the river, but can only shoot one at a time and can't shoot fun reactive targets.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 26, 2019

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

CainFortea posted:

If by "right next to" you mean almost 1.5 hour drive, then sure. Sunnyside is right between happy valley and clackamas. The only place to shoot near sunnyside is the indoor sheriff's range. And they are basically pistol only, and you have to buy their steel ammo at the range.

I'm talking about Mt. Talbert. My back apartment patio literally looked out onto the park. It was an awesome view.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Oh, I assumed you meant as a shooting spot.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

CainFortea posted:

Oh, I assumed you meant as a shooting spot.

Nah, pretty bird watching spot.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I'm talking about Mt. Talbert. My back apartment patio literally looked out onto the park. It was an awesome view.

It's not a national park though. It's a good place for an early morning hike though. You can do it in an hour.

Hi thread. I live in unincorporated Clackamas County, just outside Milwaukie. I own a handful of inherited long guns that can charitably be described as clapped out fud hunting rifles. For a few reasons my guns don't live with me but with a relative, so I haven't shot any of them for years, but I have kind of decided that this is the year when I will start shooting again.

I also bought the sports pack instead of just a fishing license last weekend, and apparently that comes with a turkey tag I have to fill by the end of next month. Anyone have a recommendation for some legal public land where one can find turkeys?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My sole partiality is to that delectable spiced meat. Any additional confederation of vegetables shall not compromise the pie as I see it.

Come down here, they're wood rats like deer in rural western OR

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Javid posted:

Come down here, they're wood rats like deer in rural western OR

I might be able to make it as far as about Roseburg. 4.5 hours each way is a long drive for a day trip, and since I have kids it might be hard to sell my wife on an overnight trip. Although, we did go to school in Ashland and I think she's been wanting to visit friends down there...

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

I have a match in Albany that weekend.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Why would you go to Albany on purpose, it's the Fresno of northern Oregon

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

It probably doesn't smell bad anymore since the paper mill closed down.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

therobit posted:

It probably doesn't smell bad anymore since the paper mill closed down.

True, but now when you pull into town you're greeted by a giant dead/empty papermill and that just sets the tone for the rest of the town. But gently caress they got a Hobby Lobby now.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Itís a good place for when your crafts need twenty-two shades of purple yarn and vitriolic pro- life homophobia.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Action-Bastard posted:

True, but now when you pull into town you're greeted by a giant dead/empty papermill and that just sets the tone for the rest of the town. But gently caress they got a Hobby Lobby now.

They somehow made Albany worse I see.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Javid posted:

Why would you go to Albany on purpose, it's the Fresno of northern Oregon

Albany Rifle and Pistol Club (sometimes machineguns) has a monthly USPSA match.

Action-Bastard posted:

Nah, it's an empty plot of land now. They tore down the mill a few years ago.

OldschoolDOS
Feb 10, 2006

For your tomorrow, We gave up our today.

I've grown from a poor college student shooting a 10/22 and a $67 Turkish Mauser from big5 to a properly employed but no free time adult with a bunch of nicer guns. I'm in SE Portland and down for fun times.

Things I own(in order of most fun):
CZ P10C 9mm with RMR and comp
SW MP15-22 22lr
Ruger precision rifle in 6.5cm
VQ 22/45 22LR
Savage bolt gun 22lr
LCR .357mag
Ruger Redhawk 44mag
AR type thing in 5.56

Gemtech 522 22lr can that make the 22lr guns so much more enjoyable.

I also have a stand and circular steel plates for targets

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Updated our little list and we are up to eleven people between here and southern Oregon! Let me know if I missed anyone.

The fifth day after an infusion is always the worst, so I've been getting my cold sweat and fever on today. But I'll be down to cement some plans soon. I might not be whole by this weekend, but I'm golden for three weeks after that.

Also, by general consensus, the big shoot is looking like a late May or June endeavour.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Then I probably won't be there.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

Then I probably won't be there.

Nothing is set in stone yet, nothing is even set at all. Post what works for you and weíll try to factor it in.

While I like the thought of a big get together, I was more hoping this thread would make it possible for us to find some other shooting buddies in the area.

Iíll even make a spreadsheet if I have to.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Early May is when I'm in Portland. I thought we were looking at the 11th?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

Early May is when I'm in Portland. I thought we were looking at the 11th?

I know that's when Duccy is in town, but I wasn't sure if her schedule was super free.

I'm fine with getting a group together that weekend. Needs of the many and all.

Now is a good time to voice your two cents, Portland-Goons.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Actual details: I'll be Portland-adjacent starting probably this Friday through the 16th or 17th, but busy with family most of the time through the 8th. (IE, I may be available but it will vary) I will then leave for other places, but I will be back through PDX sometime around the 27th +/- 2 days if there's a thing happening in that time.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Javid posted:

Actual details: I'll be Portland-adjacent starting probably this Friday through the 16th or 17th, but busy with family most of the time through the 8th. (IE, I may be available but it will vary) I will then leave for other places, but I will be back through PDX sometime around the 27th +/- 2 days if there's a thing happening in that time.

If nothing else, I'd happily go shooting with you. If it's a far away drive, I might need to hitch a ride. Short to medium distances are fine.

Action, I've not forgotten about you either. I'll be in touch soon.

I'm going to go sleep off the rest of the hemoglobin funk juice.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

My availability is from May 6-20, then again from June 1-9. I may be available he weekends of June 15-16 & 22-23, but I have to verify which weekend I'm heading to VA for a cousin's wedding.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

How about this for starters -

Let's see if Duccy is going to be free on her weekend in town, and if she is we will plan a get together then. We just need to pick a where.

We should try to have a big one with some advance notice, because multiple Seattle goons have expressed interest in coming.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

OldschoolDOS posted:

I've grown from a poor college student shooting a 10/22 and a $67 Turkish Mauser from big5 to a properly employed but no free time adult with a bunch of nicer guns. I'm in SE Portland and down for fun times.

Things I own(in order of most fun):
CZ P10C 9mm with RMR and comp
SW MP15-22 22lr
Ruger precision rifle in 6.5cm
VQ 22/45 22LR
Savage bolt gun 22lr
LCR .357mag
Ruger Redhawk 44mag
AR type thing in 5.56

Gemtech 522 22lr can that make the 22lr guns so much more enjoyable.

I also have a stand and circular steel plates for targets

I miss shooting with you.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Observation: the range at North Fork Wolf Creek Road gets really busy on the weekends. The last two times I tried to get there at 6am on the weekend there were already groups at the largest 2 ranges. If there is a Portland-area shoot, would people be able to do a weekday date?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Observation: the range at North Fork Wolf Creek Road gets really busy on the weekends. The last two times I tried to get there at 6am on the weekend there were already groups at the largest 2 ranges. If there is a Portland-area shoot, would people be able to do a weekday date?

I could, but my schedule is the least restrictive. Letís see what everyone else says.

Gorgonzola Cheese
Feb 20, 2007
Gorgonzola's revenge!

I work A shift - so back half of the week is open for me as long as I can find someone to watch my kids.
I'm down to drive a ways too. Let me know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldschoolDOS
Feb 10, 2006

For your tomorrow, We gave up our today.

mikerock posted:

I miss shooting with you.

You too cutie! I have much nicer guns now, literally and figuratively.

My work hours are 0730-1600 Mon-Fri, I have class for another 5 weeks that makes Tue/Thu nights not usable, bust most every weekend is free.

«13 »