Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Hey it’s cutthroat business at the dick sucking favorite these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

-docked an employee's pay for mistakes/misordered materials

Getting serious here. Not sure what state you live in but most states have pretty strict policies surrounding pay that can come with pretty harsh penalties to employers. If this was recent some research should be done. State Labor Departments eat employers up for that crap.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
New supervisor who still thinks giving me grief for showing up late most days will make me start showing up on time

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
It ought to be me but several annoying fuckos at work keep stealing my spot.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Thanks a loving bunch!

Johno!!

YOU rear end in a top hat!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Hell Stink posted:

Getting serious here. Not sure what state you live in but most states have pretty strict policies surrounding pay that can come with pretty harsh penalties to employers. If this was recent some research should be done. State Labor Departments eat employers up for that crap.

Yep I told the people involved to make sure and keep documentation of it. Especially anything that flat out
states 'we misspent x dollars because of you, so your pay is being reduced by that amount to repay the company' since the way it was conducted on paper skated between barely legal-ish and massively illegal.
HR officially lowered the employee's pay/processed a pay decrease, then processed a pay bump back to their original pay after a few months to pay back the company.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

My one goal for this thread is for you to get the hell out of that relationship.

TBH it sounds like he's getting the better deal out of the two of them. He gets a mixed bag of emotional abuse but also blowjobs and food from an attractive woman. She gets a goon with no motivation or self esteem occupying several cubic feet worth of space in her home.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I thankfully don't have to work with this shithead anymore but lemme rattle some stuff off:

We worked together in a small, SMALL office that did not have windows.
He farted all the time, burped really loudly and was constantly making tiny little grunts. He wasn't a fat dude, either.
He'd pick his nose, roll up the boogers and flick them wherever. We weren't in cubes, it was open air and all this was happening five feet away from me.

If there was any communal food available, he'd make himself sick off of it and spend a ton of time in the bathroom.
During Xmas we had a huge spread of really good stuff. It was meant for, you know, everyone and intended to last a few days so all the employees got a shot at it.
He immediately piles up a mountain of treats on a plate. After eating half of it, he throws the rest away.
What's worse is that he then goes back to refill his plate, mostly with stuff he just threw out.

He got roped into marrying a woman that hates him and she convinced him to have three kids. She doesn't work, help around the house or help with the kids and this dude just takes it. He'd often bring his screaming children into the office to they could ransack any available food.

Oh, and he would get super lovely towards anyone that was smarter than him. He wasn't even that smart but he was a huge goober so people assumed he was a computer genius.

Edit: I forgot. He was constantly getting in trouble because he wouldn't work. He'd spend all day on message board about Magic The Gathering. If he had a moment of clarity that he wasn't doing his part, he'd get really spazzy, aggressive and try to do all the work. This would be a huge issue because he'd step on everyone's toes and interrupt work that was ongoing.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 12, 2019

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah, the hell of it is that I would way rather be in a healthy relationship where we talked about our problems and resolved issues and came up with compromises. I’ve literally never been more willing to put in the work, because part of the reason I was alone and homeless was because I’d been such an abusive shithead in the past. No more drugs, therapy, medicine, I really feel like I would be like an amazing boyfriend to a normal person, but instead...

It’s 100% my choice to stay, I’m not trapped, I love her for what she is and not what I want her to be, but I’m not gonna lose a lot of sleep when she moves out (we don’t even sleep together at night, we just gently caress before and after work because our hours are very different). I guess the reason I think she likes me is because I’m just like funny and smart but otherwise have absolutely nothing to offer her financially or otherwise. If she doesn’t really like me then she just wants me as a sex slave who she buys video games for? Is that a thing?

I think there are a lot of people looking at your situation from the outside that think they would gladly give up at least one appendage to be in your position. I wouldn't. I sort of know what it's like because I had a super-hot popular girlfriend when I was in highschool. I think the reason she was interested in me in the first place was because of my hair but every couple of years I try a different style. She didn't like it when I tried the buzzcut look. She didn't even mention that she was breaking up with me. She just seen the new look and turned her nose up at me and said "Look at your hair!" and never made any effort to communicate with me afterwards. I have since heard stories about how nasty she can be to her peers (she was a year younger than me and in my sisters class). I think I dodged a real bullet right there.

To be more on topic the worst person in my life right now is me. I too have been through mental health and addiction problems and I had a relapse recently. I tried to change my situation by moving to the city to study but it kind of fell through so now I'm back working in my families bar and liquor store. I know that sounds like the worst possible thing an alcoholic trying to recover should be doing but I don't see what other options I have. It's especially true now that conservatives are trying their best to gut every public service in the UK like the community addiction teams.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

WatermelonGun posted:

managers are a useless class of people who would be better suited to replacing farm animals
I hate taking examples from that doofus Scott Adams but at least his theory of the 'Dilbert Principle' was right. Move the idiots up to management so they don't get in the way of people actually trying to get things done. Like others in this thread have said though, it doesn't always work.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Valko posted:

I hate taking examples from that doofus Scott Adams but at least his theory of the 'Dilbert Principle' was right. Move the idiots up to management so they don't get in the way of people actually trying to get things done. Like others in this thread have said though, it doesn't always work.
Adams had some insightful things to say about middle-class office culture before he went insane and started believing all those things are awesome.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Who's the one person you absolutely can't stand but is, unfortunately, a part of your life right now?

Opposing counsel

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I want to blame my partner of ten years for lots of resons, but, it's always me and always will be. But the only pressure I put on myself to be is be a good dad. And I am, so gently caress everything and everyone else.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Valko posted:

Yeah, he pretty much stole that from Laurence J Peter. Peter noticed it as a thing that happened when a good teacher became a mediocre-to-bad school administrator; it took Adams to think it was a good idea.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome
One thing it took me over 40 years to learn: You don't need to keep bad people in your life.

Yes I know people you work with and bosses and poo poo are a rough part of life but if you aren't mandated to see someone, then stop seeing them. My wife and I consciously shed a few "friendships" and it did nothing but make our lives better.

People say "oh you're not going to be friends because of silly political views" gently caress yeah gently caress you, I don't want to debate every goddamned time there's a social engagement.

40+years old and still having the social and relationship problems of a 20 year old, goodbye, stop calling us.

Horrible person who I was only around because of work, gently caress you I don't work with you anymore stop calling me.

Shrieking harpy of a sister-in-law, gently caress off we aren't going anywhere she is (thank god they're divorced now).

I know it seems hard and it's harsh sometimes but just because you've known someone since high school or small times doesn't mean anything, just let it loving go and improve your entire existence.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Local Weather posted:

One thing it took me over 40 years to learn: You don't need to keep bad people in your life.

Yes I know people you work with and bosses and poo poo are a rough part of life but if you aren't mandated to see someone, then stop seeing them. My wife and I consciously shed a few "friendships" and it did nothing but make our lives better.

People say "oh you're not going to be friends because of silly political views" gently caress yeah gently caress you, I don't want to debate every goddamned time there's a social engagement.

40+years old and still having the social and relationship problems of a 20 year old, goodbye, stop calling us.

Horrible person who I was only around because of work, gently caress you I don't work with you anymore stop calling me.

Shrieking harpy of a sister-in-law, gently caress off we aren't going anywhere she is (thank god they're divorced now).

I know it seems hard and it's harsh sometimes but just because you've known someone since high school or small times doesn't mean anything, just let it loving go and improve your entire existence.

This. It can be hard when the person is immediate family.

You swear vows to your wife/spouse, not to them.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

probably the local punk band who is really mad at me for pointing out their bass player is 40 and likes to gently caress high school girls.

You must hate competition.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

This. It can be hard when the person is immediate family.

You swear vows to your wife/spouse, not to them.

Honestly one of the saddest things I know of is a friend of my who had to cut his mom out of his life. He tried and tried for years to have a remotely normal relationship with her but in the end the only thing to do was to just cut off contact with her.

Over the years I've had ups and downs with my mom but man I have never even had to think about completely cutting her off from my life.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Oh yeah. My best friend's family is all wonderful, except his mom who over the last 15 years has turned into a crazy, mean pill-popping drunk. It's just brutal. And to describe her as 'unhelpful' as his dad was slowly dying of stomach cancer would be the understatement of the millennium.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

absolutely my wife

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Coolness Averted posted:

there are other attractive people who will gently caress you and not make you miserable

Go on...

I fortunately don't have anyone bad in my life now. A lot of my coworkers are pretty bad at their jobs, but everyone is always super friendly to me.
I did have a student steal a bunch of candy from me and then claim he found it all in the trash, so maybe that person.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 12, 2019

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

You must hate competition.

:ok:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I worked corporate healthcare as an office manager. I had one doctor partner directly employed by the company who I technically had no authority over. She drove me loving crazy. She was consistently late, so patients would grouse to me and I had to placate/smooth things over constantly. She left for lunch (fine), but didn't come back before her next patients, so see above. She evidently thought her lunch break started whenever she arrived wherever she was going to get food, drive times were not factored in (who the gently caress knows where she got that idea). She would drastically change RX's, and when I asked "are you SURE? Really, REALLY sure?" she'd say yes it'll be fine, and then we'd have to do a follow-up later to correct her mistake (lost so much time/appointment slots to her).

The thing that signalled her downfall, however, was when she put in a request to her boss for every Saturday off through the summer. She phrased it like she was going to go do training, see about getting an additional certification. It turned out that she was taking classes to be a yoga instructor. Her/my boss was PISSSSSED when they found out. She managed to hang on for a short bit after that, but I saw the writing on the wall (her dumb rear end was oblivious). Stress level after she was let go plummeted. gently caress bad coworkers, man

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Hell Yeah posted:

i know these two guys from like high school and just started hanging with them again a few years ago. i go over there house once every like 2-3 weeks. they're both around my age (in their 30s) and one is unemployed and the other is a waiter and basically they just smoke weed all day every day and talk about how everything is bullshit and the world is unfair and it's impossible to succeed. also one of them is a qanon conspiracy theorist and the other one is the type of guy who used to win a lot of fights, so he talks about that all the time.

they're extremely codependent and they're adult male roommates and basically the situation is totally inappropriate. for a long time they worked at the same restaurant as wiaters and bartenders. one of them tried to get a real job recently and basically quit after 2 months. i met a real solid friend through them, this other guy who has a career and mostly has his poo poo together, so now i just hang with him and we smoke weed and talk about these two other guys and how we could maybe help them or convince them away from some of the misguided poo poo they think and do. both of us go and hang with them every few weeks to keep abreast of the situation. i have to admit it is fascinating to have someone to chop it up with about these two.

So you spend your leisure time getting stoned with one guy and dissing two other guys who get stoned together and diss stuff.

Maybe the worst person in your life is you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This thread made me take stock of my life and I really love everyone I keep close.

There was, until recently, one fucko. This'll be a little scattershot:

-Extremely sore loser AND winner. They would throw a tantrum when they were losing a game to the point we'd almost never finish. If they we're winning, they'd gloat about it for days.
Yeah, cool, you won at Catan. We're all very impressed.
Also insisted on being in all of our DnD groups but would be on their phone if it wasn't their turn. We'd have to explain what was going on every 10 minutes.

-Would never want to hang out unless they had some personal drama. I'd go over and they'd just unload about some inconsequential crap from their life, monologuing the whole time.

-"Your idea is poo poo for a week until I remember it and claim it as my own."

-Cheated on all of their partners and bragged about it.

-They would prey on young and impressionable people for both adoration and sex. Well into their 30s and surrounding themself with 18 year-olds who don't know any better.

-Lied about their level of education to get a job and it could have constituted a crime, considering the field. When I confronted them about it, they said, "It's their fault for believing me."

-To them, everyone was a villain if you didn't support their decisions 101%. You were also evil if you didn't match their enthusiasm about... everything.

-People were agents for their amusement and enrichment. There is nothing reciprocal about any of their relationships.

-One day they blocked/deleted me off of all social media because we weren't hanging out that much. They then threw a bit fit when I didn't ask them about it.

Edit: gently caress it
-Had a friend that confided in them about being the victim of rape. They invited her over under the guise of a safe space to vent and almost immediately tried to have sex with her.

-Was such a sex pest at work that several people quit because the feckless managers refused to address the issue lest they admit they are anything less than perfect.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 13, 2019

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
there are plenty of worse friends coworkers and neighbors but ive gotta be the worst person. its about taking in the overall picture and not just focusing on any specific stat

plus ive seen anime

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Inzombiac posted:

This thread made me take stock of my life and I really love everyone I keep close.

-Extremely sore loser AND winner. They would throw a tantrum when they were losing a game to the point we'd almost never finish. If they we're winning, they'd gloat about it for days.
Yeah, cool, you won at Catan. We're all very impressed.
Also insisted on being in all of our DnD groups but would be on their phone if it wasn't their turn. We'd have to explain what was going on every 10 minutes.

-Would never want to hang out unless they had some personal drama. I'd go over and they'd just unload about some inconsequential crap from their life, monologuing the whole time.

-"Your idea is poo poo for a week until I remember it and claim it as my own."

-Cheated on all of their partners and bragged about it.

-They would prey on young and impressionable people for both adoration and sex. Well into their 30s and surrounding themself with 18 year-olds who don't know any better.

-Lied about their level of education to get a job and it could have constituted a crime, considering the field. When I confronted them about it, they said, "It's their fault for believing me."

-To them, everyone was a villain if you didn't support their decisions 101%. You were also evil if you didn't match their enthusiasm about... everything.

-People were agents for their amusement and enrichment. There is nothing reciprocal about any of their relationships.

-One day they blocked/deleted me off of all social media because we weren't hanging out that much. They then threw a bit fit when I didn't ask them about it.

Edit: gently caress it
-Had a friend that confided in them about being the victim of rape. They invited her over under the guise of a safe space to vent and almost immediately tried to have sex with her.

-Was such a sex pest at work that several people quit because the feckless managers refused to address the issue lest they admit they are anything less than perfect.

Def punch this guy

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Adolf Hitler

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

There's this guy with a desk near mine who checks off all of the "unpleasant, loud, boomer MAGA coworker" boxes so I'll spare you the details, the most unique thing about him is that he makes an "Abby Normal" reference like 2 or 3 times a week.

Thankfully I only spend about half an hour a day at my desk or this dude would probably drive me insane.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Prob my friend who is a hardcore alcoholic. Would message me 8am every morning all like "working today?" and I'd be like "yeah man I work six days a week." Would still get that message every loving morning.

Anyway his girlfriend left him and he went completely off the rails. I had sympathy until I learned he'd cheated on her multiple times. It culminated in a suicide attempt where he called up his ex-gfs mother and said he'd taken a bunch of sleeping pills and was killing himself. We got a call about from his ex-wife (who he cheated on and left while she was pregnant) and went over and broke in, called the ambulance etc etc. He got taken to ER.

The next morning I messaged him to ask how he was feeling and he replied "Ok. Pretty good sleep ;)"

Haha jesus when you write it all out like that... what a piece of poo poo.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
My next door neighbor's wife. I've only met her once, but I know her by her voice because I can hear her screaming at someone or another through the walls every. Single. Day.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

There was this one dumbass, and he didn’t have a loud car (too low an iq to drive I think) but he had a big fat huge loud mouth and probably repressed homosexual tendencies and he used to do poo poo like run up peoples data limits and then go suck dick in back alleyways for metro pcs credits to run aol dialup on a cell network so that their internet would be too boring and contentless for them to get overages and notice. He would also do poo poo like go to friends houses and dig around for something rotten in the back of the fridge and eat it so he could try to sue them when he got food poisoning. Eventually he started eating his own poop and doing other really weird poo poo like uncontrollably cumming on himself for half an hour straight or just start stroking his dick on the couch with his family there. He was on his way to buying a piece of poo poo car and living that poo poo hot American life but he literally died from dehydration from cumming too much and a stomach full of his own poop. He never got a pasat and it’s just as well, it would have filled up with cum.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

kazr posted:

There was this one dumbass, and he didn’t have a loud car (too low an iq to drive I think) but he had a big fat huge loud mouth and probably repressed homosexual tendencies and he used to do poo poo like run up peoples data limits and then go suck dick in back alleyways for metro pcs credits to run aol dialup on a cell network so that their internet would be too boring and contentless for them to get overages and notice. He would also do poo poo like go to friends houses and dig around for something rotten in the back of the fridge and eat it so he could try to sue them when he got food poisoning. Eventually he started eating his own poop and doing other really weird poo poo like uncontrollably cumming on himself for half an hour straight or just start stroking his dick on the couch with his family there. He was on his way to buying a piece of poo poo car and living that poo poo hot American life but he literally died from dehydration from cumming too much and a stomach full of his own poop. He never got a pasat and it’s just as well, it would have filled up with cum.
you need to pipe down with these sordid and unnecessary details that could apply to literally any one of your fellow goons

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

The people I know who are like this aren't necessarily the worst people in my life, but I will say I recognize "needy narcissistic personality disorder guy" from a mile away - there's something about my personal gravity that draws these people in. I think I'm too attentive a listener or I'm perceived as such, because there's no end of narcissists looking to bounce poo poo off of me for their own self-aggrandizement. Two of these guys are vets on disability who get bored staying home all day and don't understand why someone might be exhausted or not want to hang out after a long day at work. I've even had one of them do the remove you from social media thing and I didn't notice until my Steam account got hacked and when I was trying to re-add people I found out he'd blocked me for some unknown reason.

Mostly these people seem really desperate for other people to recognize how smart and competent they are because they're truly, deeply insecure.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
My actual answer is every miserable motherfucker in my office. We work in a medium-sized public library with a general upstairs/downstairs split among staff workspaces. Upstairs people hate downstairs people and vice versa. No one knows why this is - they all get along during staff training days or whatever but god help me once they're out of earshot of each other the complaining begins, and miraculously both sides are under the impression that I'm sympathetic and/or give a poo poo about anything they have to say about anyone else. I suspect it's a goldfish memory thing and if someone leaves their sight for more than a few seconds they forget they're friends and colleagues until the next time they're forced into a room together.

"Everyone but us is misusing sick time"

"Everyone but us is coming in late/leaving early"

"No one but us are actually working around here"

"Everyone but us have secret ulterior motives to everything they say or do"

Watching the director burnout from managing these people is depressing and hilarious - we've gone through like 3 bosses in 6 years and every time there's a new boss the knives come out and the sabotage begins, for no reason that I can discern. It always takes the director a year or two to figure out wtf is going on here but by then they're almost always ground down to the bone from having these people in their ear from the second the walk in the door to the second they leave. I used to enjoy some degree of camaraderie with a few co-workers but it's gotten to the point where I resent them all and I'm just waiting for them all to retire because they're old women or get fired for harassing each other. It's easily the most dysfunctional workplace I've ever had and yet the stakes here are so loving low I don't know what there is to stress out over. It's almost like in the absence of real stress they've learned to create their own.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Deified Data posted:

My actual answer is every miserable motherfucker in my office. We work in a medium-sized public library with a general upstairs/downstairs split among staff workspaces. Upstairs people hate downstairs people and vice versa. No one knows why this is - they all get along during staff training days or whatever but god help me once they're out of earshot of each other the complaining begins, and miraculously both sides are under the impression that I'm sympathetic and/or give a poo poo about anything they have to say about anyone else. I suspect it's a goldfish memory thing and if someone leaves their sight for more than a few seconds they forget they're friends and colleagues until the next time they're forced into a room together.

"Everyone but us is misusing sick time"

"Everyone but us is coming in late/leaving early"

"No one but us are actually working around here"

"Everyone but us have secret ulterior motives to everything they say or do"

Watching the director burnout from managing these people is depressing and hilarious - we've gone through like 3 bosses in 6 years and every time there's a new boss the knives come out and the sabotage begins, for no reason that I can discern. It always takes the director a year or two to figure out wtf is going on here but by then they're almost always ground down to the bone from having these people in their ear from the second the walk in the door to the second they leave. I used to enjoy some degree of camaraderie with a few co-workers but it's gotten to the point where I resent them all and I'm just waiting for them all to retire because they're old women or get fired for harassing each other. It's easily the most dysfunctional workplace I've ever had and yet the stakes here are so loving low I don't know what there is to stress out over. It's almost like in the absence of real stress they've learned to create their own.

Goddamn, this sounds awful. But at the same time...I’m kind of fascinated that so much House of Cards-esque drama is going on at a public library.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Goddamn, this sounds awful. But at the same time...I’m kind of fascinated that so much House of Cards-esque drama is going on at a public library.

Parks and Rec was a documentary.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

The more chill and innocuous a place should seem, the more likely it's full of pedantic undiagnosed bi-polar poo poo-heads constantly looking to distract themselves from their own failures and misery by whinging endlessly under their breath to anyone who they think gives a poo poo.

Avery Moore
Apr 11, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Well, she's certainly not the worst person in my life, but she might just be the strangest... By sister's ex-boyfriend's mum.

So, I was at my parent's house the other day, and randomly get a call from my sister's ex-boyfriend's mum and... Some important side notes. 1. My sister no longer lives at my parent's house. 2. This woman does have my sister's new house number, so why she called the old one, I have no idea. 3.My sister and her ex have been split up for over a year now, so I don't really understand why his mother wants to talk to her anyway. 4. And most importantly... My sister's ex-boyfriend and his family are all from Spain and do not speak a word of English.

Anyway, the woman asks for my sister, and I tell her with my very limited Spanish vocabulary that my sister isn't there... For some reason though, instead of just hanging up and calling my sister's new number, she carries on talking to me. I swear to God, I spend a good 15 to 20 minutes trying to explain to this woman that I don't speak Spanish... In the end I just give up and hang up. Later I let my sister know she called and ask her to call the woman back, because I figured, she spent 20 minutes rambling to me in a language that I don't even understand, it must be something important, right? ... Apparently not. My sister asked her ex about it, and it turns out that his mum was just randomly calling up people she knew to complain about her ex-husband. When I told her my sister wasn't there, she just decided to talk to me instead, not really minding that I didn't understand a word she was saying... The world has some interesting people in it. ^_^

Avery Moore fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Twelve Batmans posted:

The more chill and innocuous a place should seem, the more likely it's full of pedantic undiagnosed bi-polar poo poo-heads constantly looking to distract themselves from their own failures and misery by whinging endlessly under their breath to anyone who they think gives a poo poo.

It's absolutely this. Lacking any real, legitimate stressors or hardships, they make their own to justify the little fiefdoms of persecution and grievance they've made for themselves. I honestly think half of them wouldn't be able to make it through a day of work if it weren't for the added motivation of trying to make their co-workers look bad. I used to try and talk some of them out of tormenting themselves over work and they pretend that what I'm saying makes sense to them, but in the end they're addicted to it and wouldn't change even if they could.

I love my chill-rear end job here and I'm so glad I don't need any of them to do it.