Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Raptors(6pts) vs Warriors (3pts) Warriors in 5
T/F: In the NBA Finals, the Warriors will have a higher Net (ORTG-DRTG) difference in games Durant plays vs ones he misses (If Durant misses the series this will not count) True
Who will be the Raptors 2nd leading scorer? Lowry
Which Team will attempt more 3 pointers? Warriors
T/F Will Draymond Green get a Technical Foul in the Finals? False

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Raptors in 4
Questions:
T/F: In the NBA Finals, the Warriors will have a higher Net (ORTG-DRTG) difference in games Durant plays vs ones he misses (If Durant misses the series this will not count)(Basically, Warriors will win by more/lose by less in games Durant plays)(2pts) False
Who will be the Raptors 2nd leading scorer? Lowry (2pts) Siakim (2pts) or someone else (3pts) Someone Else
Which Team will attempt more 3 pointers? (2pts) Raptors
T/F Will Draymond Green get a Technical Foul in the Finals? (2pts) Yes

I think I'm too far to come back now but I will at least try for the home run.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lockback posted:

I'll have conference Finals scoring tomorrow as all the stuff is on my work laptop. I wanted to get out Finals odds ASAP though. You can submit a prediction until Tip-Off of Game 1 on Thursday.

Note the pts in parenthesis is how many you get for that pick

NBA Finals

Raptors(6pts) vs Warriors (3pts)
(Guessing the number of games for the winner nets an additional +2pts)

Questions:
T/F: In the NBA Finals, the Warriors will have a higher Net (ORTG-DRTG) difference in games Durant plays vs ones he misses (If Durant misses the series this will not count)(Basically, Warriors will win by more/lose by less in games Durant plays)(2pts)

Who will be the Raptors 2nd leading scorer? Lowry (2pts) Siakim (2pts) or someone else (3pts)

Which Team will attempt more 3 pointers? (2pts)

T/F Will Draymond Green get a Technical Foul in the Finals? (2pts)

Warriors in 5
True
Pascal Siakam
Raptors
True

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i hate to tell on myself and lose the crucial lead going into the finals but i think some of the round 3 scores are wrong including mine unless theres something im missing! I don't know how I got 9 picking the bucks and i noticed at least a couple other people seemed too high also

with that said

Raptors(6pts) vs Warriors (3pts) Raptors in 7 yolo
T/F: In the NBA Finals, the Warriors will have a higher Net (ORTG-DRTG) difference in games Durant plays vs ones he misses (If Durant misses the series this will not count) True
Who will be the Raptors 2nd leading scorer? Someone else
T/F Will Draymond Green get a Technical Foul in the Finals? True

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

G-Hawk posted:

i hate to tell on myself and lose the crucial lead going into the finals but i think some of the round 3 scores are wrong including mine unless theres something im missing! I don't know how I got 9 picking the bucks and i noticed at least a couple other people seemed too high also

with that said

I demand a full audit and recount and that lockback be prosecuted for fraud!!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Raptors in 7

True
Someone else
Warriors
True

Rodan
Sep 24, 2002
Florida Gator
Golden St. In 7 games

False
Siakam
Toronto
False

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

G-Hawk posted:

with that said

I'll re-look and check it tomorrow.

Get your predictions in before tip-off!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

I'll have conference Finals scoring tomorrow as all the stuff is on my work laptop. I wanted to get out Finals odds ASAP though. You can submit a prediction until Tip-Off of Game 1 on Thursday.

Note the pts in parenthesis is how many you get for that pick

NBA Finals

Raptors(6pts) vs Warriors (3pts)
(Guessing the number of games for the winner nets an additional +2pts)

Questions:
T/F: In the NBA Finals, the Warriors will have a higher Net (ORTG-DRTG) difference in games Durant plays vs ones he misses (If Durant misses the series this will not count)(Basically, Warriors will win by more/lose by less in games Durant plays)(2pts)

Who will be the Raptors 2nd leading scorer? Lowry (2pts) Siakim (2pts) or someone else (3pts)

Which Team will attempt more 3 pointers? (2pts)

T/F Will Draymond Green get a Technical Foul in the Finals? (2pts)

Golden State in 6
True
Siakim
Raptors
True

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Warriors in 6
False
Siakam
Raptors
False

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
TECHNICAL ON GREEN!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Raptors currently a +7.9 NetRtg without Durant.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

G-Hawk posted:

with that said

You were right, something with my spreadsheet got messed and I ended up giving a ton of people the wrong results (especially if they were originally low).

I think I corrected everything. Here is the new leaderboard (sorry G-Hawk)

code:

Username	Round 1 	Round 2	Round 3	Round 4	Total
tanglewood1420	12	6	9		27
Katana_Warrior	11	8	8		27
Spacebump	12	6	8		26
Blind Pineapple	13	5	8		26
Lockback	11	6	9		26
BWV     	13	5	7		25
G-Hawk   	15	4	5		24
The Berzerker	12	5	7		24
The Walrus	9	7	8		24
alansmithee	8	6	8		22
BoonyPC  	13	5	3		21
The Glumslinger	13	5	3		21
Traxis   	9	7	5		21
Metapod 	10	6	4		20
Coaaab   	8	6	5		19
Dejan Bimble	10	5	3		18
the mean lunch 	10	5	3		18
de curry GOAT	10	5	3		18
Memnaelar	11	5	2		18
Vox Nihili	11		7		18
DeimosRising	10	4	4		18
kingcobweb	11	4	2		17
Shrimp or Shrim	9	5	3		17
SamuraiFoochs	10	7			17
Poque   	11	5	1		17
Rodan   	9	4	3		16
ButtWolf	9	7			16
Fenrir  	10	6			16
Rick    	8	4	4		16
nagel    	9	6			15
scuz    	11		3		14
RaySmuckles	10	4			14
kalensc  	12				12
Quizzlefish	12				12
triple sulk	6	6			12
DC Murderverse	11				11
Hopkins FBI	11				11
Libertine	11				11
LionYeti	11				11
rivetz  	11				11
Sent from my iP	11				11
Carlosologist		6	4		10
IcePhoenix	10				10
Jack's Flow	10				10
Manstrocity	10				10
Drunk Canuck	9				9
escape artist	9				9
Frustrated	9				9
RASHIBA WALLACE	9				9
solarjetman	9				9
Brogeoisie	8				8
Movie Majick		5			5
Stevie Lee		3			3
Monekeu  	0	0	0		0

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I liked it better when I wasn’t behind someone that missed round two. Thread voted 1 and reported.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

I liked it better when I wasn’t behind someone that missed round two. Thread voted 1 and reported.

You're tough but fair.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I knew I was going to do badly because I almost exclusively watched Detroit this year and had no real feel for anyone else

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Nice that I'm joint leading but I predicted warriors in six, so barring Adam Silver making some quite incredible intervention I don't think I'm winning this.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

tanglewood1420 posted:

Nice that I'm joint leading but I predicted warriors in six, so barring Adam Silver making some quite incredible intervention I don't think I'm winning this.

All my bonus answers are going to be wrong, so we'll probably both be hopped. Sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I have a shot.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Lockback posted:

Raptors currently a +7.9 NetRtg without Durant.

Warriors are +3.5 NetRtg last night (pretty nuts for a 1 point lead), so unless something really crazy happens that question is likely going to be TRUE.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I'm out of town but I'll get final scores and stuff up Monday at the latest. Winner gets a forum gift or something!

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I think The Walrus and I are going to tie for first, just to make it fun.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Answer Key:

Raptors (+6) in 6 (+2)
True +2
Siakam +2
Raptors +2
True +2

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Blind Pineapple posted:

I think The Walrus and I are going to tie for first, just to make it fun.

code:
Username	Round 1 Round 2	Round 3	Round 4	Total
Blind Pineapple	13	5	8	14	40
The Walrus	9	7	8	16	40
alansmithee	8	6	8	14	36
tanglewood1420	12	6	9	8	35
BWV     	13	5	7	10	35
Spacebump	12	6	8	8	34
G-Hawk	        15	4	5	10	34
The Berzerker	12	5	7	10	34
Metapod	        10	6	4	14	34
Katana_Warrior	11	8	8	6	33
Lockback	11	6	9	6	32
Coaaab	        8	6	5	12	31
The Glumslinger	13	5	3	8	29
Shrimp or Shrimp9	5	3	12	29
de curry GOAT	10	5	3	10	28
kingcobweb	11	4	2	10	27
the mean lunch 	10	5	3	8	26
DeimosRising	10	4	4	8	26
Rick	        8	4	4	10	26
BoonyPC	        13	5	3	4	25
Traxis	        9	7	5	4	25
Poque	        11	5	1	8	25
Vox Nihili	11		7	2	20
Rodan	        9	4	3	4	20
Dejan Bimble	10	5	3	0	18
Memnaelar	11	5	2		18
SamuraiFoochs	10	7			17
ButtWolf	9	7			16
Fenrir	        10	6			16
nagel	        9	6			15
scuz	        11		3		14
RaySmuckles	10	4			14
Carlosologist		6	4	4	14
Movie Majick		5		8	13
kalensc	        12				12
Quizzlefish	12				12
triple sulk	6	6			12
DC Murderverse	11				11
Hopkins FBI	11				11
Libertine	11				11
LionYeti	11				11
rivetz	        11				11
Sent from my iPa11				11
IcePhoenix	10				10
Jack's Flow	10				10
Manstrocity	10				10
Drunk Canuck	9				9
escape artist	9				9
Frustrated	9				9
RASHIBA WALLACE	9				9
solarjetman	9				9
Brogeoisie	8				8
Stevie Lee		3			3
Monekeu	        0	0	0	0	0

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The Walrus and Blind Pineapple

Congrats! You actually win something!

PM me or post if you want a gift cert for a new title, no-ads, or to donate $5 to Lowtax, your pick!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Hooray! I would love a cert for a new title and if anyone good at photoshop wants to make something good to celebrate the championship I'll wear it proudly.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really wish I didn't go wacky so early I thought it would take a lot more to win.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Rick posted:

I really wish I didn't go wacky so early I thought it would take a lot more to win.

Yeah I dove right in with Orlando winning haha but the questions are always fun to me

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

I tried to balance early weighting (where there are more series and more chaos) with keeping everyone in it by slowly scaling up the points. I think it worked OK, but lesson learned is round 2 needed juicing and Finals probably should have given less points for predicting the winner (although Raptors were a Vegas underdog so maybe that's just what happens).

We definitely would have had a different top-5 if the Warriors won.

The Walrus posted:

Hooray! I would love a cert for a new title and if anyone good at photoshop wants to make something good to celebrate the championship I'll wear it proudly.

I'm getting an error right now but it might be my work firewall. I'll get it out ASAP.

And in case you didn't notice you won because of a perfect Finals result. Time traveling jerk.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Lockback posted:

And in case you didn't notice you won because of a perfect Finals result. Time traveling jerk.

I noticed :) I had a terrible terrible round 1 so I needed it.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Can't believe I was that close. I probably would have won if I didn't post my pics early one round before the questions were posted :( .

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I'll take the gift cert for a title. It'll take me a long time to figure out what I want to do with it, so it's kind of like free money for Lowtax.

I feel good about my performance because I won despite knowing I was throwing points away in round 2 with my dumb Rockets homer pick.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Glad to get #12 w/ that big hail mary for the finals

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The Walrus posted:

PM Sent with Code!

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'll take the gift cert for a title. It'll take me a long time to figure out what I want to do with it, so it's kind of like free money for Lowtax.

I feel good about my performance because I won despite knowing I was throwing points away in round 2 with my dumb Rockets homer pick.

How should I send you the code?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Nobody made me an avatar so I made one myself, in PAINT

PS thanks for running the game Lockback

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 18, 2019

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Lockback posted:

How should I send you the code?

Email it emeraldfusion81@hotmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Sent!