Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Holy poo poo I don't have the words for this show.

Edit: It's been several hours and I'm still internally screaming.

Maera Sior fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Lysistrata posted:

I'm having a blast with this one. My mind is still blown by the ア in circle = a ni maru thing. He speaks English, there's no way he doesnt know that sounds like "animal," and same with the rather leonine cop's name sounding like Leo to western ears. I genuinely can't wait to see why there are signs saying "animal" all around the city.
Wait, explain? I didn't see this.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Welp, one of my theories regarding the use of boxes in the series was tossed out, but so much more was added.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Given it gets something wrong in the first paragraph, I'm not sure how accurate it is about the rest, but it's something to start from.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Well, that explains a lot.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Can someone explain what the otter puns in Japanese were at the end of the last episode? Right now all I got is that maybe the cops are otters in human form as an extension of some of the myths.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

So I was wondering when a zombie's desire would unambiguously be a fetish, guess we got there.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I mean all of them have been fetishes, its just this one a more common one

Yes, they're all fetishes, but I remember seeing several explanations by others in the past that involved them not being fetishes. He just wants to be taken care of by his girlfriend (he's not into pet play), he just wants to remember being close to her (he's not into drinking her bath water), etc.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

We're sure at the halfway point of an Ikuhara show.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Just rewatched the first two episodes with three people, one of whom has seen all of Utena, one of whom has seen through all of Sailor Moon and the second season of Utena, and one of whom was a complete Ikuhara virgin. It was amazing.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Ikuhara bingo at last.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Gibbering posted:

After one last tweet that said (more or less) "I have always and will always love you #Mabu"

Luckily, there is an archive with the translations here.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Does anyone remember reading about how the initial description for this week's episode was replaced with another? I don't remember where I saw that.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

My brain was confused, that looks correct.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Can we talk about how Reo is blamed for everything wrong in their relationship in the present, despite Mabu literally just going through the motions?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well Mabu can't do anything more or his heart will explode.

I thought it was just that he couldn't say it. Yes, you can show love through actions, but often he wasn't even meeting Reo's eyes.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

No I recall actions were limited as well.

Guess I have a reason to rewatch! (Like I needed one.)

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

That was a much more optimistic ending than I was expecting, and I'm ok with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Well, the effect is lessened when they add "soiya" to the end, but I'm still cringing while wanting to hum along, so that's close enough.