Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
first episode was probably the most visually appealing thing ikuhara's ever been attached to. i hope the quality of the animation and cinematography doesn't plummet over time. also it was very fun? like it's far more accessible in its ~weirdness~ than utena and penguindrum. instead of expecting you to pay attention from Day One it wants you to just let the wave wash over you

i am now going to write up my effortpost on butts, boxes, and ア

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Apr 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Yeah I immediately though back to the cow transformation scene. I loved that montage so much

on a side note i made a post with my predictions for the series. This is mostly for my own enjoyment tbh, i'm still working on a longer post with info about the anime's setting and speculation about the imagery

https://sarazanalysis.blogspot.com/2019/04/predictions-based-on-episode-1.html

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
I'm genuinely pretty curious how they're gonna wrap all of this up. Off the top of my head loose ends include:

-Who Sara is and her place in all of this (this is the big one)
-What's up with the cop dads not recognizing her
-What's up with the cop dads in general, are they otters? are they just dudes? why were they involved in the war
-Are we done with Haruka or does he still have a secret left (framing and dialogue of the convo in the last episode kinda implied to me that something is still up with him)
-What exactly do keppi and the otters want
-What was special about that one soccer player all the kids loved
-What's the D-D-D-D-DARKNESSSSSS

Not saying that ikuhara shows have ever been about ~lore~ but most of these elements have been built up as mysteries for a while and I have no clue how they'll all get resolved in a satisfying way in just two episodes