Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Hairy Busey posted:

Can an oyster feel pain? What about a tree?

The trees are us. Can't you see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
That is a legitimately good question. We are biologically related to trees as well as everything else. But gently caress trees let's make a tire fire lol

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Relayer posted:

That is a legitimately good question. We are biologically related to trees as well as everything else. But gently caress trees let's make a tire fire lol

Typical redneck: just because you're related doesn't mean you should gently caress

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Hairy Busey posted:

Typical redneck: just because you're related doesn't mean you should gently caress

What??!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Hairy Busey posted:

Eve was Adams ribsister and it didn't stop them

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Colonel Cancer posted:

Eve was Adams ribsister and it didn't stop them

loving yourself doesn't count

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
You think Eve was hot? Like, probably, but maybe she ate rear end.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Troy McClure better show up soon in this thread or I will be disappointed.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Space Race Riot posted:

Give it a shot, I gave up wading in early spring a couple years ago cause they really are ridiculously cold here this time of year and I'm getting old. I just spent an hour respooling my reels and sorting out my tackle, this is my favorite time of year. Good luck when you get out there. Also I obviously don't know where you're from but it sounds like up north. Try a rapala jerkbait early on, it was getting crushed last year during April and may.

Thanks dude! I’ll take any advice I can get haha.

I am not good.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

evilmiera posted:

Troy McClure better show up soon in this thread or I will be disappointed.
they got this all messed up

do fish. like it.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Obviously you can gently caress fish because they are braindead.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Fish don't feel pain and they are immortal unless eaten by another fish. Anyone would get bored of that existence after a few thousand years

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Pookum posted:

Fish don't feel pain and they are immortal unless eaten by another fish. Anyone would get bored of that existence after a few thousand years

Hey I'm bored of my own existence but I'm not gonna get ate up by some fuckin fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

WatermelonGun posted:

Thanks dude! I’ll take any advice I can get haha.

I am not good.

The cool part is that you'll get better if you keep doing it and enjoy doing it. Try different stuff, like soft zoom frogs on jigheads or wacky-rigging senko worms and just bouncing em off the bottom. For trout I like gold or bronze phoebes. Roostertails too, especially in a good current. Also sinking flies, I've had good luck with those though I'm not a great fly fisherman, I prefer spinning reels