Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Steve Yun posted:

Anyone got the night king edition of the “Arya went full anime” picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
who is the guy next to Sansa? Is that Littlefinger?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It can’t be, he looks like he’s the same height

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lyanna mormont going out like a boss was one of the few good bits of the episode why are people hating on it.

Opferwurst posted:

Lol, someone in the gbs thread dug up that the bad pussy episode won an Emmy for best writing that year. I'm not kidding, this really happened

This episode is gonna win every Oscar and Emmy and Sammy and Ferdinand and media will eat it up

emilia clarke has been nominated for an emmy three times for this show lmao

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Heres a guy idea of a better way to fight the battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA5mJRFaI8c

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Tei posted:

Heres a guy idea of a better way to fight the battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA5mJRFaI8c

I like his campaign strategy of "evacuate every civilian from the entire north" because yeah that's really logistically feasible

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Groovelord Neato posted:

emilia clarke has been nominated for an emmy three times for this show lmao

peter dinklage has been nominated and won so many times that he seems entirely over it and prob agrees they should have given his last win to nikolaj cause dinklage been phoning it in for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-FIfLb19A&t=96s

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

but yeah emilia clarke rly has no place receiving emmy nominations

if lena headey doesn't finally fuckin win this year ffs

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

esperterra posted:

but yeah emilia clarke rly has no place receiving emmy nominations

if lena headey doesn't finally fuckin win this year ffs

She's kinda phoning it in now too though

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

idk the Lannister/KL stuff (while the dialogue is still bad) is some of the only consistent poo poo in this show to me. Her scenes opposite Marg, Olenna, the High Sparrow and Nikolaj/etc have all been good and recent enough.

Season 7 tho is this weird nebulous thing where I feel like nothing happened but I remember Nikolaj getting a lot of excellent scenes and don't remember much about anything else other than the speed at which gendry, ravens and dragons can move at supersonic levels

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

esperterra posted:

other than the speed at which gendry, ravens and dragons can move at supersonic levels

I prefer to think the ice set after a few hours but they spent a week sat on that hill before anyone realised.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
The amount of people who associate the night king with just the concept of Winter bothers me, but I guess the show is going to do that too and Winter won't actually happen, so them loving about killing each other instead of harvesting will have absolutely no reprocussions at all.

This is the first episode where "normies" that I work with have also not liked it and I'm glad. What a lazy end to the story, they better at least explain something about NK and Bran in the next one!

Also someone earlier asked if there's been another show where the programme was made faster than the source material and there was a good article on Kotaku about that and Fullmetal Alchemist. It's interesting because the show got remade after the ending of the manga and the ending was (according to the article) a shitload better because the manga writer was better at doing it than the show writers.
Not that I can imagine GRRM ever finishing the books, but it was still interesting.

Taear fucked around with this message at 11:22 on May 5, 2019

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Taear posted:

Also someone earlier asked if there's been another show where the programme was made faster than the source material and there was a good article on Kotaku about that and Fullmetal Alchemist. It's interesting because the show got remade after the ending of the manga and the ending was (according to the article) a shitload better because the manga writer was better at doing it than the show writers.
Not that I can imagine GRRM ever finishing the books, but it was still interesting.

I enjoyed the Naruto route where they spent around two years producing filler episodes waiting for the manga to get ahead.

Imagine two years (well four in this case) of Karl Fookin' Tanner and Ironborn rescue capers before triumphantly finishing with GRRM's true published vision.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Krabboss posted:

She's kinda phoning it in now too though

i agree but look at what they've given her to work with :lol:

It really can't be overstated how terrible both the Euron character and actor are.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

i agree but look at what they've given her to work with :lol:

It really can't be overstated how terrible both the Euron character and actor are.

The actor is good in other stuff, don't blame him for this being poo poo.
I really liked him in Stag.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
When she's acting opposite Jaime or Tyrion in S7, I was like: "Yesss - feed this into my veins!" since it was one of the few things I could be genuinely hyped about without any fear of disappointment. But yea, I don't see her having much to work with in this season TBH.

Or hell, Alfie Allen would've earned an emmy too in my book. It's insanely easy to gently caress up a character that gets abused like his did by overdoing it in any direction (either by playing him too much like a cartoon villain at first or like a victim with an irredeemably broken soul), and he managed to pull off the mix of pain and limited agency that gets him through it just right imo. But yea, give it to Jon Snuh or crazy dragon lady instead I guess. As far as Tyrion's performances tho, the one that I feel absolutely stand out for me is the one he gave in S4, his whole breakdown during his trial is some amazingly good poo poo. The rest tho yea...he's started going through the motions a lot more as time went by.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 5, 2019

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm genuinely stunned that Qyburn is still a thing.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I like how Cersei made him the Hand because oh yeah that guy's still here.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

That's probably why he's still around. Cersei needs someone to talk to in her scenes and he's drat near the last person left.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

YaketySass posted:

I like how Cersei made him the Hand because oh yeah that guy's still here.

Was there even a scene in which she named him hand? I just remember noticing that he was wearing the brooch at one point.

If there's one thing that the transition from the adaptation to the fanfic sequel does it's make huge locations feel tiny and empty. They took a city of a million people and reduced its named population to three (one of whom is a zombie).

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Steve2911 posted:

Was there even a scene in which she named him hand? I just remember noticing that he was wearing the brooch at one point.

Cersei makes him hand during a small council meeting sometime in s5 after Tywin's death - same one she names Mace as the master of coin (previously master of ships) and Kevan as master of war. Pycelle is unhappy with it

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Somebody update the Sonic photo for accuracy.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

CrazyLoon posted:

As far as Tyrion's performances tho, the one that I feel absolutely stand out for me is the one he gave in S4, his whole breakdown during his trial is some amazingly good poo poo.

Still makes me lol how different the show was.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

If there's one thing that the transition from the adaptation to the fanfic sequel does it's make huge locations feel tiny and empty. They took a city of a million people and reduced its named population to three (one of whom is a zombie).

This is always bad and why it's a good idea to keep around characters whom the viewers at least know by face even if they can't remember their names. I remember it feeling off-putting when Stannis' camp had nobody left and he had to have his final conversation ("there's not going to to be a siege") with a non-descript extra.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

lyanna mormont going out like a boss was one of the few good bits of the episode why are people hating on it.

Action movie hero worship is inherently childish, Lyanna was cool because she was a little kid who stood up to the lords in a conversation around a table, not because she had some stupid dragonball Z giant killing death as though anyone would ever put a loving ten year old on the battlefield

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I hear episode 4 has leaked, has anyone seen what happens in it?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Taear posted:

{Spoilers}
Cersei goes full qausimodo and dumps hot oil onto the remaining unsullied

Dany burns Jon in dragonfire to prove he's not a Targ but he bursts from the flames and stabs her

Jaime falls out of a window breaking his good hand

Brienne fucks

{/Spoilers}

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Taear posted:

Apollo Creed takes on Rocky again because he's humiliated he didn't end the fight the first time around.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Taear posted:

I read the short version of it, and to put it mildly I hope the show does a better job of explaining poo poo than the leaks did because they make very little sense.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Taear posted:

The translator lady gets executed and Not Drogon gets killed.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Taear posted:

Actual spoilers if you're looking for them: Dany's red dragon dies and Cersei has the Mountain execute Missandei in front of everyone

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

TheRat posted:

I read the short version of it, and to put it mildly I hope the show does a better job of explaining poo poo than the leaks did because they make very little sense.

Keep in mind the leaks are for the entire remainder of the show not just this coming episode, so it'll definitely be in higher resolution

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Its Coke posted:

Keep in mind the leaks are for the entire remainder of the show not just this coming episode, so it'll definitely be in higher resolution

oh right I thought those notes were ep 4 only. That at least leaves some room but holy hell they have a lot of explaining to do.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I'm not sure if a death of a dragon can even be considered a spoiler at this point since we've seen the war machines designed to murder dragons way too many times and they haven't done anything yet.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

TheRat posted:

oh right I thought those notes were ep 4 only. That at least leaves some room but holy hell they have a lot of explaining to do.

I ALSO just found out that the leaks we're talking about are admittedly secondhand and there's a new set of leaks from a 100% accurate reliable source that hit a lot of the same points but in a way that makes more sense. See my latest post in the spoiler thread about it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

not a bot posted:

I'm not sure if a death of a dragon can even be considered a spoiler at this point since we've seen the war machines designed to murder dragons way too many times and they haven't done anything yet.

Hey Bronn used one to kill that one guy.

Calling it now: Cersei points the machine at Drogon and fires the last arrow in King's Landing. It flies past the dragon and into the distance. Daenerys smirks and taunts her for missing. Cersei smiles and says "...Did I?"

Cut to Winterfell where Bran is impaled against the Weirwood. Westeros is saved.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

TheRat posted:

I mean it's out, to watch.
But now I know there's a thread for spoilers so maybe people have talked about it there.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Gianthogweed posted:

This guy's rewrite of the episode was way better than what we got.
https://youtu.be/k7m6HP95EDM

This would have been fantastic. A nice grilled cheese sandwhich instead of the turn sandwich we got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Oh god, if all those leaks are real the internet won't survive it.