Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

vonnegut posted:

Gomburg’s book, while first-rate on business details, suffers from Gomburg’s central thesis, to the effect that Magnum Opus was a product of a complex of inabilities to love. Reading between the lines of Gomburg’s book, it is increasingly clear that Gomburg is himself unloved and unable to love.

I read Sirens when I was quite young and this line has stuck with me over the years as a sensational burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Remembering the greatest setup for a fantasy horror movie of all time, when they hide in the Stark family catacombs, and are immediately massacred by generations of risen ancestors working in mindless concert to (some sort of symbolism here)