Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Escobarbarian posted:

Euron Greyjoy is a loving poo poo character

I want him recast by Vinnie Jones.

I hope the show continues to troll my immersion, perhaps they'll have Dolorous Edd tell one of his men to pop to Dragonstone to borrow some Dragonglass from the Red Keep then in the next scene have him return to the Wall and make it clear he was gone about three hours at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

SimonChris posted:

It just occurred to me how lovely it is that they didn't even try to negotiate for the release of Ellaria when they went to talk to Cersei. Their ally is being tortured in Cersei's dungeon as they speak, and no one even mentions her.

The first thing that happened during the meeting was Euron goading Theon about another much less important hostage, that would have shown it was pointless to discuss it. Plus Dany had roasted the last major hostage she captured so it probably wouldn't have been prudent to start talking about releasing POWs.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Kevyn posted:

They hate each other in real life because they used to date and it didn’t go well. I heard it’s in their contracts that they’ll never appear in a scene together, don’t know how much truth is in that though.

Oh yeah, there was the bit at the Dragonpit where Bronn conveniently took Podrick away for a drink, so they didn't have to include Bronn and Cersei in the same scenes.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Oh man I've just realised that Bran is basically granny from Resident Evil 7. He's going to start turning up in his wheelchair all over Winterfell, in towers, up ramparts, in the crypts, in Jon's bedroom, but just in the background, sitting there, not doing anything. And then if you know how RE7 ends, then it'll be even sweeter if it happens.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Private Speech posted:

So uhh. Is there a (legal) way to stream season 8 in the UK without a physical TV subscription? I've googled around but it seems the only option would be a Sky package for the low low price of £396 for 18 months (not including TV licensing costs, and the fact that I don't have a TV or any desire to buy one).

I don't care that much but I thought I'd ask. I only have a Netflix subscription right now, but I've used Amazon and others in the past and would be willing to pay them a month or two.

At this point you can buy a one month Now TV pass and that should see you to the end of the show. £4 on ebay, if you have a ps3/4 the app will let you watch it on your TV. No need to blow £15 on a 3 month pass.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
The Tarlys were defending their country against a foreign invader after their Lord had rebelled against the ruler of the 7 kingdoms. Execute them for refusing to bend the knee sure, but it's not an act that can be justified. We don't see many hostages taken in the story, and the ones that are taken tend to get murdered or released nonsensically, but that would be the most sensible route. It worked with Edmure (but maybe because he was so weak spirited).

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I'm not sure that the same people arguing against executing prisoners are the same people that are in favour of executing children

I am sure that Randy and Dick had surrendered, but they wouldn't accept their conquerer as their rightful queen all along. Surely if they had, it would have confirmed that they had commited treason and therefore execution would have been a fair punishment. Like what Ned did right before the mad child king decided to execute his prisoner.

So basically I think this argument has warped around to "if you think Danny was right to kill Randy/Dick then you must also agree with Joffrey killing Ned". But maybe we do??

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

el oso posted:

I hated everything Arya-related in the last couple of seasons but an underrated terrible thing they did with her was that they show Arya & the Hound leaving by themselves for King's Landing BEFORE the massive army starts going south, but then they end up arriving AFTER the army has already arrived and set up camp outside of KL.

There is no possible way they would end up arriving later than the loving army did but they wrote it that way just so they could avoid having to deal with what Arya's character absolutely WOULD have done, which is to sneak through the city and stab Cersei in the neck. Weak.

I'm sure they just had lots of off-screen adventures in the 6 months (minutes in screen time) it took the army to march there.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
An essential part of a siege is archers that can shoot down ravens, I remember that from when the northern armies turned up at the Twins...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

SimonChris posted:

Like I said, even if we ignore the siege, just marching the army there would have taken a very long time. She could simply send a raven before they arrived.

Yeah I was going to add a "but yeah there's a hundred reasons why it's stupid" but felt I had typed enough about this silliness.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah it's that one lady who gets flayed. Then they poo poo on Manderly after the Battle of the Bastards. drat imagine Ian McNeice in that role as a central character in season 5.

Yeah he'd have fit in nice. I was always disappointed they couldn't bring back Greatjon, I know it's a bit grubby to think it, but the actor had his ear bitten off in a crazed attack, they could've used that!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
The book would have already been half written by the Maester by the last season. They'd have written the rebellion to benefit the Lannisters, so the rebellion happened because the evil Starks wanted to supplant the rightful King. No need to even mention Tyrion. I know it's stupid but if you can't imagine how a fictional society might rewrite history then well, watch some Fox news hmm?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Sankara posted:

The last season of BBC's Sherlock was so loving it bad it made its die-hard fans retroactively realize the show has always been dogshit and all its detractors were right.

If only. I've come home today and my wife has season 2 on.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
You'd think the glowing spines when they got their horn on would've given the game away a bit quicker too

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Eh. For me one of the interesting things about BSG is that in the first season, Adama is not clearly heroic, there is a legitimate and interesting tension between all these different elements, civilians, military, people like Zarek. The fact that by the end, it's Adama is clearly the good guy; Zarek is just a murderous dipshit is a bit lame.

There's a Zarek in transformers who ended up being more nuanced than the event telly character who decided he might as well be an Austin Powers baddie in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I think we all felt like killing ourselves by then though