Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

vaginite posted:

Cersei: “Bronn kill my brothers”
Bronn: “I’ve been loyal to your brothers this entire series and have barely spoken to you. What makes you think I’d do that instead of selling you out?”
Cersei: “Have you met our writers lately?”
Bronn: “Fair point” *takes crossbow*

Or maybe this is supposed to be a point about how stupid Cersei is.

A big part of Bronn's character from the very beginning is that he isn't loyal to anyone but himself. He abandoned Tyrion the moment he became rich and made it clear that he wouldn't risk his life for him.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Phenotype posted:

•the political war between the families -- Probably wrapped up at the same time as the zombies, most of the families are dead and gone and the victor will be whoever survives the zombie war.

Yeah, the war between the families is pretty much over: TheTyrells are all dead, the Freys are all dead, the Boltons are all dead, the Martells are all dead and the Baratheons are all dead. The time of political intrigue is over and all that matters now is to be the last one standing.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

A big thing in GOT is that magic is returning because of the dragons, because people believe in magic again. And its kinda implied that same process is bringing back the winter.

Its a star wars "the darkness rises and light to meet it" thing, and vice versa.

That's why the maesters are pretending magic doesn't exist. They are trying to delay winter indefinitely.

We don't really know why magic is returning though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SimonChris posted:

I would still like to know what the Night Kings plan was if Dany had never arrived.

Seduce Jon Snow.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is there still a spinoff series being developed, or has waning enthusiasm for last/this season killed it?

It was so much traffic on HBO Nordic on monday that the site crashed.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

sethsez posted:

People on the internet made fun of it though

People on the internet doesn't make fun of things that isn't popular.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

The best part about Walder Frey is how if Rob had just kept it in his pants and married his daughter like none of the show after S1 would have happened

It probably would. Frey didn't strike me as the most trustworthy of types.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

He knew his family of failsons wasn't going anywhere so Queen of the North to grandson's King of the North is a pretty good deal

Frey had a grudge since the last war when Ned had called him out on the fact he had only joined the Starks once it was evident that he was going to win. And the Boltons would probably betray the North anyways, so Frey would've seen which way the wind was blowing and take the chance to gently caress over the Starks.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

THAT SAID armies in column are long.

Yeah. In ancient Rome the first legionnaires to arrive at a location would start building a fort and by the time the last man arrived it would be finished.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Taear posted:

This isn't really the case any more, it was what people exclusively used for her for a long time but now people call her Dany.
I work for the company that shows the programme in the UK and the Khaleesi thing annoyed the hell out of me, I'm glad it's basically over.

To be honest the "Khaleesi is just a title:smug:" guys were more annoying.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

For the longest time I thought "Kelly C" was somehow a reference to her looking like Kelly Clarkson lmao

But she doesn't look like Kelly Clarkson. At all.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

esperterra posted:

Remember her as the world's worst Sarah Connor lmbo, a fact that always amuses me because now GoT has my least and most favourite Sarah Connors.
Didn't help that she was in the world's worst Terminator movie.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The oath says: "I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come", it doesn't say "until my heart stops beating for some unspecified period of time".

It literally does:
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

e:nm

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dongicus posted:

the real answer is that succession and inheritance is incredibly messy and historically people never strictly adhered to it unless it benefitted them

Ivan the Terrible claimed that he was the successor of the Roman empire and everyone went along it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Syrio Forel leads a bravosi fleet to finally pick up the dornish army

They then trip and falls on their swords.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Phenotype posted:

And of course she's a little creepy and domineering about it because unfortunately that's the kind of person she's had to grow into.

She acted like every other male character on the show and suddenly it's "creepy".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

Well, that sure was 2+ hours of various characters talking to each other.

It's actually nice to have a little calm before the storm.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alec Eiffel posted:

Preemptive RIP Theon. Best character. Great actor. Dying attempting to save Bran (or Rickon) like I always assumed.

The Night King kicks Theon in the crotch while Theon is all:smug:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Supreme Allah posted:

Victarion is the one that has the dusky woman and the big black 'red priest' who can actually do magic, right? He's the best greyjoy

Victarion is weird and misogynistic even by GoT standards.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

some guy on the bus posted:

Probably Victarian beating his pregnant wife to death with his fists because she got raped by Euron.

And then he never loving shuts up about how he was the real victim.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Doltos posted:

It's almost as if, and try to follow me on this one, it's almost as if Victarion isn't someone we should be cheering for
And yet people do:

Supreme Allah posted:

Victarion is the one that has the dusky woman and the big black 'red priest' who can actually do magic, right? He's the best greyjoy

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

CornHolio posted:

It's OK to root for the bad guy in a fictional setting. That's why Darth Vader is so popular. You don't have to agree with their worldviews to have fun with the characters.

But he's not a fun bad guy. All he does he whine about how Euron made him kill his pregnant wife and brag about how he's totally gonna gently caress Daenarys.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, I think its important that you're not a bad guy for cheering Joffrey because this is fiction.

Sometimes giving villains pov chapters is a mistake. Like, imagine how insufferable it would be to read page after page with Joffrey whining about justified his actions is and how much of a bitch Sansa is.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

Idk, multiple chapters would probably suck, but I might be into like, a day in the life of Joffrey.

"Today I went to Tyrion's wedding. I landed several sick burns on him and everyone agreed what a total loser he is. Sansa was ugly and I really hate her."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

So I was trying to remember who else is technically around but not at all shown, and all of the Riverlands comes to mind. Which I guess boils down to Edmure and the scraps of the Frey family. Also Sweet Robin? Will they get any sort of closure or are we supposed to forget about them?

Their plotlines are more or less finished though. What more is there to say about Edmure? There really isn't any more threads that needs to be tied up except for the battle against the white walker and who will end up on the iron throne.

Tei posted:

As soon the last episode of GOT is aired, it will go for sale "GOT complete serie", and it will sell like cupcakes for a very long time.
Because people will quit their hbo subscriptions and start to invest in physical media instead?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tei posted:

Some people that have childrens find it easier to put the "Frozen" dvd for a 28th time in the player, than dealing with subscriptions.

I'm pretty sure the kids at the kindergarten would be completely mystified if I had shown them a dvd. But they know all the streaming platforms like netflix and youtube by heart.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

As Nero Danced posted:

The zombies don't give a poo poo how sharp your tongue is kid, no one has time to protect you on the battlefield.

It can be huge deal for the ones fighting the zombies though. Joan of Arc for example did not fight alongside her troop but her presence inspired them to fight harder.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

esperterra posted:

There's literally a line of dialogue in the premiere where Qyburn goes 'the wall has fallen and the dead are coming' or whatever and Cersei just goes 'lol who cares?'

And if Qyburn of all people is scared of something that should be taken really seriously.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

dany was at the time crucifying her political opponents slavers who had lined the road to their city with crucified kids.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

freebooter posted:

I never liked Dany in the books because she sets herself up as this kind of noble abolitionist queen despite having an internal monologue which is still besotted with her dead husband who was a raping, slaving barbarian raider.

The Drogo/Dany thing is just so very, very badly written. Some times she's like "my brother sold me to a raping, slaving barbarian" and the next moment she's like "I must learn how to gently caress him better".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

She explicitly doesn’t crucify the slavers who ordered the crucifixion, just a random selection of non-slaves.

She doesn't though. She specifically crucify the great masters who ordered the killings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKrARLg10eA

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Harzoo’s dad?

A slaver.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

some guy on the bus posted:

How would she know who ordered the killings?

I'm not saying that due prosess was followed, but she didn't just crucified random people. She crucified the ruling class who's members had ordered children to be crucified.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Her closest advisor: a slaver

Her beloved late hubby: a very enthusiastic slaver

Her boytoy: slaver status unknown but likes slavery

Her army: half child slaves, half patriarchal barbarians who make it very clear that they will enslave everyone they don’t rape or kill

Her subjects: “your dragons ate all our food and killed my child, but I fought the masters for you, please don’t publicly execute me”

Yeah, she's not a nice person.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Its Coke posted:

A lot of the comments on Power is Power were like "Black Panther called they want their song back... doesn't really match the Game of Thrones universe but I could see it in Black Panther... this should be in black panther not Game of Thrones..." and I was thinking Black Panther doesn't use more pop music in its soundtrack than other TV shows and movies in the path few years so the comparison seems arbitrary yet it keeps being made. Then on a sneaking suspicion I looked up what all the Power is Power artists look like and now I'm lolling

Power is Power is pretty much Pray For Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7Ev14vUh8

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tei posted:

I don't know in the TV serie, but in the books everyone is still going to die.

In the series the dragons burned down the last supplies of wheat and grain.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

tooterfish posted:

As far as Southerners are concerned, she's a tyrant who brought an army of savages to their shores and has a penchant for burning people alive just like someone else they knew.

But then again, as far as the southerners are concerned, Cersei is also a tyrant who brought an army of savages to their shores and has a penchant for burning people alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

*He'll die before he starts TWOW.

You cannot kill what is already dead: