Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

I mean they could have had an equally cool scene with the Dothraki wheeling about and launching fire arrows because if you have the best light cavalry in the world the dumbest thing you could do would be to charge them blindly at an enemy that doesn't have a formation to disrupt or morale to break

The scene would have been so much better if the Dothraki had attacked from behind as the walkers got to the fire line. Everyone cheering since the pincer trap was successful and then panicking as the flames go out from both sides. That would have required competent writing and directing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

PittTheElder posted:

It's honestly shocking they weren't kicked off it, it's pretty obvious how badly they were phoning it in by season 7. But then again there is nobody America trusts more than the failson of an investment banker.

Did you know ravens can traverse entire continents in hours?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Dany should wake up and find Jon in the bath.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Definitely should send your vastly outnumbered calvary running blindly into the enemy lines when prepping for a siege.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

MrMojok posted:

Do the dumbass iron islanders in the book do the thing where they drown a would-be king and see if he spontaneously resuscitates with no assistance?

You’d think they’d kill dozens of promising candidates doing that.

The Greyjoys/Iron Islands make a lot more sense when you consider that any surviving leader has an anoxic brain injury

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Alhazred posted:

The survival rate of people who receive CPR in tv show is almost 100%. Especially if they have been under water for a long time.

It works even better if you give an emotional speech instead of chest compressions or rescue breaths

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

I am Jon Snow, born 400 years ago in the North, but actually the South. I am immortal, and it's possible that my aunt(sister?) could be too but the rules of immortality haven't really been established. I've been pretty much useless in everything I've tried. In the end, there can be only one, but it probably won't be me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Has there been another show where the later writing was so bad it retroactively ruined the early good seasons?