Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Anyone interested in a last minute fantasora league for this season? I can do it in a couple of hours if there is enough interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So is Danny not going to be surprised when Jon or whomever tells her than Jon is the heir to the throne, since she encouraged him to ride the dragon last episode? Like she already knows.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Get it podrick

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Rip jaime

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Scene of the show right here boys.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Everyone feeling awkward when a 22 yo gets nekkid. Lol.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Enjoy this poo poo. Because a ton of your favorites are hosed next week.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The feel good of this episode and the soulcrushing of next episode will only truly be felt by those binge watching them back to back for the first time in a couple of months.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Like the entire defense of Winterfell is basically dead at this point without a single walker entering the battle...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Bran supernatural emp nuke going off soon.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So loving stupid.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm honestly so disappointed. I'm no book reader, but I was along for the ride from S1E1, and this is just such a loving let down.

- The dothraki going out first and just getting massacred was not something that any tactician from all of the major living armies would have ever said was a good idea.
- The episode basically portrayed the Unsullied getting massacred over the following 15 minutes, yet the preview of the next episode is showing a whole column of Unsullied marching along.
- The battles on the ramparts were shown with basically just main characters, almost giving the impression that they were down to several hundred troops left at best. And now you're telling me, we are going down to King's Landing to take on the Golden Company and their 20k troops?
- The WW threat was there from the first minute of the show, and the final boss is loving Cersei. I mean, come the gently caress on. It was obvious that the battle of WF being Episode 3, that they would beat the NK and end in King's Landing, but it's just such a disappointing way to end the show honestly.
-The Cheesy Arya bullshit is annoying as gently caress too. Like why in the actual gently caress did the NK even need to go in? Like we didn't even see the White Walkers fight throughout that whole battle. Send them in and have them do whatever the gently caress with Bran(which still isn't even made clear) while you ride Viserion around safely.
- It's just dumb and disappointing all the way through.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

JT Jag posted:

the fight with the night king was never actually the premise of the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDVnVlQ6PnE

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Imagine being this guy lmao who can’t enjoy anything

It's not a matter of not enjoying anything. It's that it's a dumb ending to the show. The White Walkers were the threat from the beginning of the show. They shouldn't have been the pit stop on the way to Cerseiville. I just don't see how anything in King's Landing will be as remotely fun as this episode, Clegane Bowl aside. It would have been a loving great way to end the show with the White Walkers winning at the very end. I didn't watch Soprano's, but I remember the ending being controversial like 10 years ago, and people being upset at it. Imagine if the biggest action TV show of all time ended with the good guys actually losing. Instead this entire episode was filled with main characters with plot armor over and over, and the big baddie making the dumbest mistake ever.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Here's how the dumb show ends now. Cersei Dies. Dany Dies. Jon will pass on the Throne to Gendry who has a rightful claim to the throne, under the promise that the North is independent from the Throne. The end. Rip White Walkers.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I just can't believe that not a single major character died in this episode, yeah we lost some supporting characters, but gently caress. The last time a death really felt visceral was what, maybe season 4 with the Viper eating it. Sure Jon died in 6, but we all knew his rear end was coming back.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Majorian posted:

He was bait. He knew exactly how everything would play out, and he knew that the only way this poo poo would work was if it played out exactly as it did. I expect his role isn't done yet. If it is, I'll agree with you and be disappointed, but for now, I think he did what he was supposed to do.

So he was the dumb loving Dr. Strange of the show. Cool. He even handed her the dagger that killed the NK. So cool that the two decade long saga's that come to an end around the same time, have the same loving underlying plot.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sarkozymandias posted:

Nerds ITT trying to figure out why the prophecy didn’t come true after 20 years of saying this series was good because prophecies are dumb.

Hint: It's also not good because of Cersei. It was good because it did poo poo that the viewer didn't expect.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sarkozymandias posted:

That’s not a great metric for quality.

Maybe not, but it single-handedly made the few season 1 viewers that didn't read the books, say wtf, and keep watching the show into season 2. And then it happened again with the Red Wedding, and again with Joffrey. It took risks, and those risks paid off. Since Season 5, there have been like zero risks.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Red posted:

Yes and no. He’s fair at strategy, but he also does the ‘I can do everything’ that gets him in trouble.

I’m still amazed they threw the Dothraki away like that.

Almost as bad as going to kill your target yourself, while you have a loving dragon alive, as well as, like 10 of your bodyguards/ sergeants that haven't even been used in the battle yet. Like send in 3 white walkers, wipe this poo poo up while you ride from above, and battles over.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Gendrys claim to the Throne is stronger than Jon's isn't it?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

This is where it comes down to "whoever has the larger army".

Jon's claim is related to the person who had the throne before Robert stole it, so Gendry's isn't really "stronger", they're parallel at this point. You could say Jon's is stronger.

I was just curious. Im still going with Gendry sits on the throne. Jon doesn't want it. I'm going with him passing over the throne in favor of northern independence. Dany has shown she definitely comes from the mad king, and I don't think will even live through the end of the show.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dont you have to kill someone and literally saw their face off with a knife to disguise yourself in their face?

White walkers turn into sno cones when they die so she could never disguise herself as one

Still would have passed with 95% of the viewers compared to that ending.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So what makes dragon glass and valyrian steel weapons special that they can kill white walkers?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Which was kind of what I was going for with the question. There were so many plot holes in this episode, it's just jarring. Im not normally the person to pick apart a movie/show because I just want to enjoy it, but this episode just doesn't hold up at all.

Its annoying as gently caress listening to all the people at work gushing over it, and it's like did we watch the same thing? Sure there were some entertaining parts but over all there was just so much lazy writing and such throughout that it just totally took me out of it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

A lot of pages to go through while I'm at work. Any discussion on the possibility of Arya becoming converted? All the walkers were converted by touch, viserion, Bran, etc.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Here we go dumb show, let's see if we can turn this dumb thing around.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

literally DOZENS of corpses

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The one true king our boy Gendry. She loving said Lawful. Her throne is hosed now.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Arya is the most annoying loving character. She needs to turn into the Night Queen at this point.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

plz no nekkid brienne

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lets starve out King's Landing. Maybe the NK should have done that to Winterfell...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Completely routed. loving dumb.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Archer's on a wall. Someone should have told the battle commanders of Winterfell that is a thing.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The Mountain in life and in Death has killed more main characters than the NK.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This show went downhill when Tywin died. Even more-so when Stannis died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

it's up