Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

it skipped over the Atlantic City conference and the assassination of Ace Rothstein, two of the most dramatic real life events involving nearly all of the real life characters in the show, so we could get half a season worth of flashbacks with an awful uncanny valley young Buscemi impersonator telling us stuff that had already been established. insane descision.

I will never, ever, ever get the decision to turn a John Goodman style politician into a shady, weedy dime-store criminal. They have this whole "You can't be half a criminal" discussion with show Nucky, when real Nucky was 100% a politician. The crime was just one more thing he controlled and used for power. Like the real Nucky was already a larger than life figure, they actually toned him down and made him more banal for a tv show. Baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

TARDISman posted:

Drogon saw the knife in his mom and thought the big chair of knives killed her.

This post is literally the only good thing to come from this finale.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Like legitimately if they go forward with their super racist show or give them a Star Wars I can only assume these guys suck the best dick in Hollywood, because holy poo poo would nobody expect them to be competent writers or producers.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

Seven seasons beforehand that led to this. Lmao just lmao

Well to be fair like 3 seasons worth of material had a plan, another 2-ish were their interpretations of a plan, and the rest was them wildly making poo poo up.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

what army does Sansa has that will ensure the north indepence?

Bran.

quote:

and why yara and whats his face from dorne dont do the same?

Bran.

When your brother can make everyone kill themselves you really don't have to give a gently caress about social conventions.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

I also thought the other white walkers were autonomous and of the same "species" as the night king but just soldiers but apparently they instantly die if the night king die? That didn't make sense to me

They were done with that plot so it needed to end.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

WampaLord posted:

All I remember about the ending of BSG is the montage at the end implying that real world humans are right now on the path to creating cylons because Japan built Wappy Dog.

Boston Dynamics is taking it's time, but by God I will live to see a racist bi-pedal machine be super racist in downtown Boston.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

The defining achievement of modern robotics will be finding a way to program an algorithm even more racist than Curt Schilling.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's the nexus of all life. Don't need much more than that.The only conflict is that the Man in Black really, really wants to leave the island, but his rear end in a top hat brother Jacob tied him to it for eternity [He didn't mean to, he's just a loser gently caress up]. Because of this the only way he can leave the island is to sort of, you know, threaten the fabric of existence. It's not even like he did anything particularly wrong during his mortal life other than.....try to leave the island, and kill a crazy woman that slaughtered a bunch of innocent people. And he's not so much evil as he is totally jaded about the value of human existence. Really the plot of Lost is that Jacob is a loving moron, and his brother is kind of a sadistic rear end in a top hat. Also literally every single person that has ever come to the island had a real real bad time of it.

I don't black bar any of that because it highlights an interesting point: This is the central conflict of the entire run of Lost, but it also has basically zero relevance on any part of Lost you will watch.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Happy Thread posted:

There should be tons of modern examples of people who did their best work after becoming stupidly rich

There are, but who cares? Like George Clooney made crazy gently caress off money from E.R., but continued to hustle for serious acting gigs well after the point he could gently caress off to an island he had personally fashioned out of gold.

Great, what does that prove about anything? Or disprove?

There's also the line of what constitutes "stupidly rich" for you. There are a bunch of authors over the 100 mil line that still put out great stuff after hitting it big. Is that enough for stupid richness? Is 50 mil? Where are we drawing the line?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Captain Splendid posted:

Definitely not a satisfying conclusion in any way either!

It was Dark

Poor little dude and his aunt just wanted to gently caress, why time travel have to be a bitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Piell posted:

Counterpoint: The remaining books don't and will never exist, the show ending is the true canon

Not even the people that made it believe that.