Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

only good ending would be an insane Cersei sitting inside a ruined throne room surrounded by the charred corpses of every other character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the song of ice and fire is gonna be cersei loving the night king after they successfully kill dany and jon and tyrion and all their other enemies and become eternal undead king and queen of westeros

hbo is run by too many cowards for this to be a reality

Kevyn posted:

Also Jon’s real name is Aegon Targaryen, son of Rhaegar, so he’s loving his own aunt

whomst among us...

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Full results here.

audience members p sure jon and dany will end up on the dumb throne by the widest margin, though 15% of millennial think the throne will be destroyed

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i didn’t think I’d watch an hour-long post mortem, but that Lindsay Ellis video is good. i cannot think of many other people who would start their GoT video quoting Robert Caro.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm really glad lindsay went over how blowing up the sept had zero consequences because for me that's the worst gently caress up.

Yeah. It was extremely, extremely cathartic at the time, but it's clear there wasn't much thought to what would happen after and it's impact slowly whittled away.

I know it's a bad impulse, but I'm imagining a Season 7 where the action in King's Landing is defined by total, uncontrollable violence as the peasants rise up en masse. You have randos claiming to be Robert's bastards, declaring themselves king, and dying. You have the thematic parallel of Cersei trying to escape the Red Keep as Sansa did in the previous seasons, now a prisoner of her own machinations. You now have a reason for Dany to go North (she thinks that killing the Night King will give her legitimacy in the eyes of the smallfolk so she won't have to murder all the peasants rampaging across the city) instead of the show going out of its way to strip away all Dany's allies.