Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

13Pandora13 posted:

So like, what's literally anyone's plan for breaking this news to Danerys, and how do they plan on backing up such a claim?

"Listen we got a guy who's psychic, just trust us on this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Theon and Jaime are both characters I can't see surviving meeting if they're captured by the wrong people, so I wonder how they will make it so he's just not outright dragon food.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I almost thought Euron asking how the King was in bed was going to be an excuse for them to put in Cersei's monologue from the books.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Winterfell should put up signs that say "Winterfell - This way" that actually lead to Kings Landing instead, making the WW army go past them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Tormund and Beric are going to low key save the whole world and it's going to be loving badass.

There should be a scene where it looks like Brienne is running towards Jaime to kiss him, only for the camera to pan to reveal she's running towards Tormund instead.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I do wonder who's going to be the first "Big" death now.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

fishing with the fam posted:

Surprised we didn't get any in the first episode. Really thought Beric and Tormund were gonna bite it for a moment there because I assumed someone had to die.

Yeah I was expecting something like that as a "Final Season no one is safe" thing, but I hope they don't just put all that stuff in the final 2 episodes.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

twistedmentat posted:

Arya is the only character I think will not die. I have a feeling Sansa also has a pretty good chance to survive.

I used to think Tyrion was the safest character but with this season is probably the best bet for a surprising big death. Not right away but definitely before a final battle

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Lycus posted:

I think it's pretty obvious what's gonna happen. Things will look real bad for Jaime, then Bran is gonna roll up and deliver a stirring defense.

“Jaime Lannister pushes me out of a window with two hands. This man only has one hand. Therefore this cannot be the real Jaime Lannister”

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I almost want smug Jamie back just to tell everyone what a dick the mad king was.

“I’m dead anyway why not act like this?”

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Lycus posted:

In conclusion, if Bronn tries to kill Tyrion, people will bitch about how it's bad writing, and if Bronn doesn't try to kill Tyrion, people will bitch about how it's bad writing.

Bronn gets killed by White Walkers on the way North, meaning people can complain about that forever.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

NtotheTC posted:

I'll be interested to see the book take on the whole "Ned not actually killing Arthur Dayne in fair combat". I never quite understood why he kept that under wraps.

Since one of the guys there used a net I like to think he just threw it over Dayne and Ned stabbed him

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Tormond and Brienne should get together. They'd be an unstoppable couple.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Sure that gets a sex scene but we don't get one with Tormund and Brienne where the room gets destroyed or something.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Following up "He raped her" with "He loved her" probably not the best move.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

teagone posted:

The honorable thing would have been for Jon to say "I don't care about my claim. You can have the Iron Throne."

"I don't even like the name. Jon sounds much better"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mnoba posted:

calling it now, the night king goes for the ole groin kick to move theon out the way and theon looks up and grins.....

It's Theon, he'd get decked in the face, but not killed out of pity

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Night King will meet Bran, but then they just hug with both of them having sinister smiles. Episode ends.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yes, and they get poly-married and share the Iron Throne

There's only like 2 people on the show right now who would be a better fit for the Iron Throne than Tormund right now.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

JT Jag posted:

is one of them Davos

Yeah but he's always seemed like one of the best choices for Hand of the King instead. Tormund would be Robert but good.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I just want the Night King to say something. Just give him a line or two, I just don't want him to be this force that never says anything the whole series.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

dude who plays tormund is way too good for this show tbh it not like his lines are any less dumb or cheesy than anyone elses but somehow I 100% buy his character and I barely even remember his character from the books

A lot of that is Mance’s plot given to him some after Mance’s actor kind of did nothing.

Not that Tormund is bad, because he’s one of the best things with the show.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah but if her last scene was Sansa dying, it's unlikely they'd give her a storyboard of it

She's giving double middle fingers to the Night King after everyone else is dead.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There’s no way Cersei didn’t personally watch shame nun die herself

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dark Tower was also rushed by King after he almost died after being hit from a car. I’m sure it would be a much different back half otherwise

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

fullroundaction posted:

Bronn showing up at any point before, during, or after the battle is going to be hilarious and I can't wait for it.

Bronn shows up mid fight and just turns right around after seeing the white walkers

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Imagine if the fire scared all the horses and things just got bad fast.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how Davos just gets 1-2 second reaction shots now. I hope he lives just to keep doing them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

teagone posted:

I don't think Cersei's troops would have made a difference.

I don't see how you even stand up to Cersei after this. Your two big advantages over her are now gone.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

NK and Bran have more chemistry than Jon and Dany

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

At least Davos is alive.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

That episode had way less Brienne/Tormund/Jaime than it should have.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Sydin posted:

Looks like both dragons are alive in the previews. I guess it kinda makes sense: Jon getting two of Dany's dragons killed would probably be a :sever: moment.

I mean without the dragons how do they do anything to Cersei? They have like 10 guys left.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rosalind posted:

Also what the gently caress was Bran warging into the crows the whole time for? What did that accomplish?

Bran's plot feels like a book plot they desperately want to drop but there was too much to just let it go.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They could have at least had the Night King say a cryptic word or sentence to Bran

No idea what would have been best though

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When Tyrion found Varys near the end for some reason I almost expected Varys to go “this is my hiding spot go find your own”

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder if Arya taking out the Dragon while Jon beating the Night King would have gotten different reactions. That way she takes out a huge threat but Jon isn’t stuck in an enemy attack loop

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

We should have gotten at least one giant ice spider

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

mastershakeman posted:

Both dragons are fine, as is ghost. They're all in ep4 previews looking healthy

I’m pretty sure they keep Ghost around at this point as a joke so people go “hey it’s Ghost!” When he shows up barely in a scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Nail Rat posted:

Did Ghost get a dragonglass grill or something because otherwise there's no way he should have even been there.

He’s better at stealth than even Ayra. The enemy never saw him because he’s just out of frame all the time