Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can't they just call it A Wind Of Winter for consistency smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they just forget about Cersei lmao

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They should bring Edmure back because a) people just kind of poo poo on him for no reason, like just because he can't hit a moving pyre at 200 feet doesn't mean anything, and b) Tobias Menzies is a serious hottie

That serious hottie thing can be a problem for the show. Like, it took me a very long time to realize I'm not meant to want Dany to gently caress hot, gallant Iain Glen

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Its Coke posted:

"The show was only good in the seasons that had a lot of children and mentally handicapped getting raped/killed"

Thomas Sangster, Hodor, and Extra Stark all died in season 6 though

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Night King is several thousand oil executives

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It would have been a lot better if the last shot of Lyanna was the giant walloping her off camera but that's emblematic of the larger problem with the episode imo

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It is kind of funny to read people trying to good-faith interpret anything about this dumpster fire season when y'all know in your hearts the only revisions any script got were "Is this gonna get me back home by 4?" and "can I fit one of my cool celeb buddies in"

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I forgot that the big plot of season 7 was "show the Lannisters a wight" as if that hadn't been tried already (and failed the first time due to Tyrion being a dickhead)

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Eh, 100% with you on 1 and 2, but as for 3 :lol: if you think they'll do anything but fail upwards

Quantifiable proof D&D are way richer than Colin Trevorrow lol

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Roland Jones posted:

Sansa feeding a man to his dogs doesn't get to be a triumphant, empowering moment either, even if said man was Ramsay Bolton.

He who passes the sentence should swing the sword, right? Sansa demonstrated her weakness by not eating Ramsay herself.

edit: Jaime's travels with Ilyn Payne were cool. I liked the idea that even though Jaime was well enroute to his redemption at the time, he still befriended a man who we see as monstrous from other characters' eyes.

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 19, 2019

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Last minute reveal that Bran has been warging into everyone in turn all show to read their lines

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Do you think you can ski down the ruined Wall? Would be a totally radical ending for Jon imo

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The characters all grab their weapons, Jon's sword, Arya's sword, Sansa's titties

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Arya should've killed Dany imo,

, but as a Faceless Man, and at the behest of the Citadel of Maesters who hired her to dispatch the last commander of dragon magic

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Just Chamber posted:

Imagine having more episodes with Dany as ruler. Maybe Ayra attempts to kill her and is stopped and is about to be executed which forces Jon's hand. Maybe Sansa and the rest of Westeros sends an army to King's Landing to threaten her. Maybe Bran is the one to somehow convince Dany to chill the gently caress out with his magic powers and everyone suddenly sees how he could make a great King.

So many possibilities.

Siiigh

More Emilia Clarke goosestepping around in leather to almost-synthy music

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dany you shouldn't have killed all those slavers, you should have done...something! Slavery is wrong but killing? That's gone Too Far

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Surprised D&D didn't have Sweetrobin say he'd seitched from mother's milk to fight milk, as s reciprocation for their Always Sunny cameos

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lol if you think King Bran is going to do anything other than warg into Meera and jerk off

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stefan Prodan posted:

no matter how it ends, this is like going off to college for most of them (the young ones anyway), and having it come to an end must be really sad. this is the first major show a lot of them have ever worked on, I'm sure they were like a family. I'm not surprised at all that it would be really hard on any of them to go their separate ways.

and yeah it sucks for them that it ended like 2 seasons at least too early for absolutely no reason other than the showrunners were just tired of it

Yeah OP i was so torn up by being done college that I had to go spend $4000 a day on "rehab"

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

arisu posted:

Honestly I like her more when she's being funny and charming than when she's being dramatic and stoic.

Some of her youtube vids are pretty good.

Emilia Clarke's kind of like Jon Hamm in that they're known for one really big dramatic role but their life's calling is as an impossibly hot character actor in comedies

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Emilia Clarke as the Martha Wayne Joker, Chris Hemsworth as her Harley Quinn

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

The books sound even more edgelordy than the show.

The books are insanely edgelordy, Bronn marries a minor character whose sole purpose is to be shat on by literally everyone else in King's Landing

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure where it's coming from that people keep assuming GRRM's ending even really exists, inasmuch as he so often deems himself a "gardener" writer. Sure Bran's actor said in an interview that his character's ending came from GRRM, and other interviews said that Dany burning King's Landing was the third big twist moment, but is there anything that substantiates anything beyond that being in the books?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Love's Labour's Won WILL be released in 1605! Now to share all my bear-baiting opinions..."

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like to think that Sam avenged his father and brother shortly before being himself executed for deserting the Watch

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Some Jeffrey Epstein type is going to get the Raff the Sweetling/Meryn Trant treatment real soon, I hope.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vinylshadow posted:

Should've named the Yacht "Hold The Door" then crashed it so the name became "Hodor" once it crumbled like an accordion

That only works with a tongueless billionaire lashed to the figurehead

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
2019 - UNTITLED NY JETS BLOG POST
20XX - THE WINDS OF WINTER
2XXX - A DREAM OF SPRING

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Elephanthead posted:

Hey what are we going to do with these horn plots? Screw that horn lets have 100% accurate giant cross bows on ships.

Honestly, not as dumb as the people who think book Euron is going to steal some maester acolyte's tchotchke, blow it once, and that's what brings down the Wall

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They could have just arbitrarily cast each region in an ethnicity to get a diverse cast of Westerosi, rather than half-assing the Targaryen look and then never doing any of the other weird aesthetic choices from the books. The books make a big deal of how all the sigils, family resemblances, and coloured clothes help people identify eachother in an illiterate society, I wanted the Ramsay who wears red muscle fibre-textured armour and a blood-shaped earring, or the eldritch abomination that's Daario's hairdo

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think this is the most appropriate thread for me to discuss my "they were all lying, Luke molested his nephew" theory now

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
loving lol at nominating Melisandre for the season where she's in one episode rather than any of the seasons where she actually got to act and do things

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blotto_Otter posted:

Alfie Allen had three or four scenes of consequence before putting on a solemn look as a useless weirdo sent him to get unceremoniously stabbed to death.

Yeah, that's the other one that stuck out to me. Then again van Houten and Allen both deserve the recognition, and I don't know if any of the ten seasons of Theon torture deserve that kind of legitimisation.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah reading that I instantly understand why Stannis sucks so much. If book Stannis sucks on the surface and only becomes a witty tactician upon close reading, what kind of character elements could possibly have survived filtering the book through DnD's minds and out their hands into this irreverent garbage?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mat Cauthon posted:

The post-mortem video was very good but man it really makes me realize how many character arcs just got completely hosed and/or ignored and how much potential material was left to rot because D&D want to go make a Star War. Who got a decent arc besides Theon and Jorah? I can't think of anyone else who made it through unscathed. Tormund I guess?

I did like sexy, sexy Jorah dying in his queen's arms, because ugly book Jorah (who lusts after Dany and Volantene hookers both because they resemble his ex-wife) will die without a thought from Dany

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zane posted:

she can create magical shadows out of nothing and raise the dead and live forever for all we know. then her great feat at the battle of winterfell was to inconsequentially light some stuff on fire and die.

Honestly that's not entirely out of keeping with book Melisandre. Basically all of her miracles but the shadow babies (incinerating Orell, slaying Robb/Balon/Joffrey, her miscellaneous predictions to Jon/Stannis, burning Stannis's father-in-law for good wind) have alternate explanations. And once we get her PoV we realize she's not a powerful witch, but a passable witch who's an excellent cold reader.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yes but only the first two seasons and the one where they time travel, I think it's the fourth?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's incredible just how much of the magic in Game of Thrones could be replaced by a wedge

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Make it an anime, since it is about teenagers, blue hair, dragons, giant swords that glow, and rape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The next Game of Thrones should be a sequel where Dr. Hannibal Lecter transplants Bran into a parking lot outside Baltimore and Will Graham follows the clues Hannibal left him