Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

teagone posted:

Sansa was complaining about food stores, but wouldn't the Unsullied and Dothraki have brought their own rations with them?

It will never come up again. The entire point of Sansa mentioning the food shortage was to set up Dany for her "what does a 500lbs gorilla sit?" joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Really disappointed with the motivation they're giving the Others. It's the most boring by-the-numbers poo poo.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

TyrantWD posted:

It’s the only thing that works given that the show ends in 4 episodes. I’d rather get something plain and boring that makes sense given the constraints than suddenly trying to squeeze in a whole bunch of complicated Night King backstory and motivation.

That's one hell of a backhanded compliment.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How ironical that the very dagger that was to be used to kill Bran with was the very same one that was used to stop him from being killed.
:thunk:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Can you even imagine GRRM writing "and then Arya jumped out of nowhere and stabbed him"?

She literally loving jumped out of nothing.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ivan Shitskin posted:

If they're gonna have Arya just flying out of nowhere then they might as well just run with it yeah. Have Cleganebowl start to happen but then Arya flies in from out of frame screaming and stabs the Mountain. Then have Jaime confront Cersei and then Arya again flies out of nowhere screaming and stabbing.

Hell why stop it at this show? Vincent Vega coming out of the toilet? Stabbed by Arya. Jesus stabbed by LonginusArya outta nowhere.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Gyges posted:

I mean poo poo, Jon Snow crashed a dragon half a mile away, walked back through an army of the dead, and still got one castle doorway away from meeting up with Bran and the Night King's tea time. Arya just had to cross the courtyard.

You're using something implausible to justify something else implausible. Yeah all she had to do was cross the courtyard - that was packed full of wights and white walkers. It was some stupid cartoon character poo poo.

Maybe you like that kind of thing but I think it's lazy and dumb.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

gohmak posted:

Agreed. gently caress these nerds who can’t enjoy awesome things.

Do you feel the need to be so defensive about this because you think that people making GBS threads on this show are, by implication, calling you a moron?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You think Beric was pissed that R'hllor bought him back to life half a dozen odd times so he could be a minor speedbump for some zombies?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

CornHolio posted:

I thought the entire theme was that the bullshit political poo poo didn't matter in the face of an existential crisis such as the army of the dead.

No the theme was that ninjas are wicked cool and that sometimes poo poo just blows up. What show have you been watching?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
She stabs him on the his left in the ribs.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

tooterfish posted:

It definitely looked like she got him in the ribs on the first watch.

I just checked though, and as it cuts away the dagger seems to come from the middle of his sternum.

Still extreme good luck he turned around to reveal his videogame weakspot though.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
lmao she had to jump off a trampoline for that scene.

Now I won't be happy until someone edits a "boiinngg" sound effect into it.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 3, 2019

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Firstborn posted:

You are bad at watching tv and watching this thread
Last 4 pages when you ignore the posts making fun of these posts
They call TWD The Worst Thread, but that isn't true. I'm glad this poo poo is almost over so bitter nerds can find a new show to hatewatch

lmao. The only bitter people I see here the ones getting all defensive, hurling insults and melting down because people are being mean to their precious tv show.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yo it's your boy GeekTop7s and here's how I would massacred thousands of civilians.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bip Roberts posted:

At least my unofficial ranking for this season so far is

worst
4 - real dumb, all of it
3 - dark, dumb character choices, plot armor, no one died, actually boring
1- nothin happened (a real huge loving problem with the limited time), but okay
2 - nothing still happened but still okay
5 - real dudes dies, dragons and poo poo, cleganbowl, pretty silly and fun
best

I don't understand your list. The numbers are out of order and every entry is just B. Which ones did you like and which didn't you like?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

It's just very important to me (and I assume many others) to know which order you rank the first 5 episodes of Game of Thrones season 8. The list was a little confusing and I don't want to be in any doubt as to whether you think episode 3 or 4 was the superior one.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This is grotesque. It's like you're all gleefully watching this poor person gorging themself at a feast you all know is crawling with salmonella.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zaphod42 posted:

Really weird take.

We're vicariously reliving when the series wasn't poo poo, and we immediately warned them that there is poo poo coming. gently caress off with this shitpost.

Why am I not surprised that you approve of this kind monstrous and unconscionable rubbernecking?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Don't listen to these dumb goony goons that are mad because it didn't end 100% they way their fanfiction did. It's one of the best television shows of all time and it finished with one of the most critically acclaimed finales of all time.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If by randomly teleporting you mean "catch a boat that takes 6 instead of 8 months to reach its destination" then sure. Seriously OP I cannot overstate how semantic goons got over this show. There's one episode where it takes Littlefinger 4 weeks to travel from point A to point B and goons worked it out and it should have taken 5 weeks. You can honestly ignore so much criticism from here. At one point it became a sport to just nitpick poo poo. It's an amazing show and well worth it to stick it out to the end.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

regulargonzalez posted:

Lol
In your opinion, how long does it take a guy to run from beyond the wall back to Winterfell through snow and over rough terrain, given that it takes a month+ to travel from Winterfell to Castle Black in good weather and on the Kingsroad? For extra credit, how long can a group of people survive with no food, no water, no shelter, and no fire on a little island in the middle of winter? For double extra credit, which time frame is longer, answer #1 or #2?

Well I think clearly the answer is #1, and for your second question I think that really depends on the island. I think that answer depends on a lot of variables, some of which may not have been made entirely clear to us. However I feel we can't entirely disregard them just because we're not aware of them. I think the answer to that question depends a lot on how we ask the question. What do you think?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pattonesque posted:

"A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" is a legitimately good episode and probably the last time GoT was a quality show

What? No it wasn't. Is this the denial or the bargaining stage? Are you trying to get yourself to a point where the entire last 3 seasons weren't a complete waste of your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I thought the Dothraki weapons all going out as they charged into the undead was a cool scene. The episode it was in was objectively awful. As was every single other episode of the show since like season 5.