Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Vichan posted:

I hated how inconsistent Varys became. "Robert's main problem was that he didn't want to rule" vs "Have you ever considered the best candidate is the one who does not want to rule?" only a season later.

Not quite the same thing. Varys meant that a competent leader drafted into being king would work out as that leader wouldn't have ambition to cloud his judgement. This is different than Robert who didn't have the desire to be king or enough of a sense of responsibility to see to his duties anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Alhazred posted:

acoup is doing a series of articles about the dothraki. Spoiler alert, GRRM and HBO got most of it wrong: https://acoup.blog/2020/12/04/collections-that-dothraki-horde-part-i-barbarian-couture/

How could the author get a race he created wrong?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Alhazred posted:

Even if he didn't claim it was based on history it's worth talking about the idea that a society who's fully mliltarized is superior to a society that isn't. That caring about such things as comfortable clothes makes you softer than the ones who doesn't.
It's pretty lol worthy then because the Romans loved fancy clothes when they weren't genociding people.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

bobjr posted:

Thinking about that I wonder how much of the audience agreed with Dany burning that woman even though she was all “your people raped me and murdered my people, why would I help you?”

Mirror Master was the real hero of the people.

LoL that she slaughtered Kal Drogos horse on him as a "gently caress you."

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

iamsosmrt posted:

I was always surprised by how many average liberal fans I know, even self proclaimed feminists, who tended to gloss over the gratuitous rapes and poor treatment of women in general in the show.

Yeah, I never need to see a pregnant woman stabbed in her womb again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

I mean, Ridley Scott has a new movie opening up on the 15th about a duel being fought over a man being accused of raping his best friend's wife the movie looks to be better than all of GoT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgUp8IPS7YA