Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Infinitum posted:

Is there a good recap video available?

Idk about a video but here's my recap: Stark kids are now superfriends and back in control of Winterfell after killing Ramsey and Littlefinger. Jon and Dany are banging. Euron wants to bang Cersei and is in her service. Night's King has a zombie dragon and just melted the wall. Dorne and Highgarden are supporting Dany. Dunno what's going on with the Vale and the Riverlands are hosed. Wildlings are in charge of The Gift (the lands just south of The Wall)

I think that's everything

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Jon gonna kill Dany

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I don't care if the rest of the show is written by literal 8 year olds at this point, I just want to see how it ends

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Is the thread title about the show or about GoT threads in general

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

In It For The Tank posted:

Here's where all the major characters are in the books as we last saw them. It's a real bummer.

Daenerys: captured by the Dothraki after fleeing Meereen

Jaime: being led into a trap by Brienne

Brienne: leading Jaime into a trap, after being coerced by the Brotherhood Without Banners

Jon: stabbed to death by the Night's Watch mutineers

Davos: heading to Skagos to find Rickon

Melisandre: at the Wall, still faithful to Stannis

Stannis: reported dead outside Winterfell, actually not

Theon: Stannis' prisoner after fleeing Ramsay with Jeyne, Ramsay's wife who was presented as Arya Stark to legitimize the Bolton's hold on the North

Asha (Yara): Stannis' prisoner after being defeated in battle by Stannis' forces

Ramsay: reported to have defeated Stannis outside Winterfell, actually didn't

Tyrion: outside Meereen, infiltrating a sellsword company to get an opportunity to meet Dany

Jorah: ditto above

Cersei: recently released from prison after completing her walk of shame

Margaery: still in prison for her alleged adultery

Sam: recently arrived at the Citadel

Bran: beginning his tutelage under the Three Eyed Crow, making his first forays into seeing the past

Arya: killing one of the men on her list in Braavos after spending time in a theatre company

Sansa: meeting her alleged groom-to-be Harry in the Vale, still posing as the bastard Alayne.

Littlefinger: grooming Sansa in the Vale

Varys: murdering Kevan Lannister while spouting his dogmatic belief in the leadership of the pretender Aegon

The Hound: reported dead, actually alive and at peace among a group of monks

Tommen: still king

Euron: preparing to invade the Reach using blood magic

Night's King: a myth

You forgot Cat Stark: an angry zombie who is killing Freys

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

For those sick of GoT, have you considered Jesus?

(Apologies for the poo poo quality, I was in a moving vehicle)

That's actually awesome

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Night King raising the dead in the crypt makes no sense, since as others have said, the bodies are dust by now. But three separate characters this episode made a point of talking about how safe the crypt will be, so it's absolutely going to happen. It's Checkhov's Crypt now.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 22, 2019

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Praxis Prion posted:

What was the Jorah carrying a printer reference from?

Some old post about a goon carrying a printer across town to a girl's house hoping to get a kiss and then her boyfriend was there

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Hear me out here guys, but maybe Sam, Tyrion, and Manderly are all GRRM inserts. There's no reason he couldn't have written parts of himself into several characters.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Why was everyone so surprised at Arya killing Night's King? She had a plot weapon made for this battle, the only two things worth using it on were the ice dragon or NK.

What I found hilarious was Jon Snow doing absolutely nothing of note the entire battle. He spent most of it clinging to his dragon for dear life (what was even the point of riding it, what can he do up there?) and the rest surrounded by zombies or hiding from a dragon

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

They should have had Theon kill NK with his charge, that would have owned

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

ruddiger posted:

You realize overwhelming forces don't work that way either, right? Facing 50 zombies running at you all at once doesn't mean they're all going to line up politely and ask to fight one after another. Like, the power of editing is literally what saves some of these characters from certain death.

I liked the part where Arya looks down the hallway at Beric being caught and stabbed multiple times in the back in his christ pose as the Hound carries her to safety, and then in literally the next shot he's suddenly right behind them and stumbles through the door so he can die right in front of Arya in a Dramatic Moment

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 29, 2019

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Arya most likely jumped from this tower above all the nonsense on the ground.

That's a hell of a jump considering Bran was sitting right at the base of the weirwood

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

whalestory posted:

Man I hope Jon gets at least early onset Alzheimer's soon or something to show that his resurrection wasn't just a freebie "nah just kidding he aint actually dead" writing decision

In the books it's mentioned by Dondarrion that you lose a bit of yourself each time you die or if you stay dead too long before being ressed - Cat Stark was dead for days iirc and gets ressed as a heartless vengeance-obsessed revenant of her former self. It seemed to me that the surviving Starks were all turning kinda evil with Jon about to be ressed and possibly being a bit like Cat, Arya becoming a ruthless assassin, Sansa turning into Cercei 2.0, Rickon going to live on Cannibal Island, and Bran turning into a creepy tree wizard and doing poo poo like warging into Hodor. Doesn't look like the show's going with that at all though, we didn't get Lady Stoneheart and Jon seems his old self for sure.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

This is an exceptionally dumb comment

You're an exceptionally bad poster

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

romanowski posted:

I understand that but I wish the show had done just a little bit more to justify the Night King feeling the need to kill Bran personally

I'm going with "he wanted to steal Bran's power and had to be there in person to do it"

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Turbl posted:

I thought the Night King specifically wanted Bran because he had memories from the Children of the Forest. Like maybe he didn't want the knowledge of how the white walkers were created out in the world.

Oh no, everyone will know we were created by creepy elves doing a human sacrifice, our upstanding reputation is ruined!

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

D-Pad posted:

You might be joking but I'm almost positive this is the case. In the trailer before the season starts there is a shot of Cersei standing with Ser Gregor and there are a bunch of dudes behind him in his exact same armor.

Isn't that just the Kingsguard armour

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Tei posted:

Heres a guy idea of a better way to fight the battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA5mJRFaI8c

I like his campaign strategy of "evacuate every civilian from the entire north" because yeah that's really logistically feasible

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

All of them except Dexter

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I said come in! posted:

We had the same thought! Nothing could be as bad as the ending of Dexter.

I'm convinced that GoT is trying to one-up Dexter and will quite possibly succeed

But like, most other shows I've watched to the end have had satisfying endings even without comparing them to Dexter, I could probably list a dozen

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

The guy who posts 40 times a day in the GoT thread y'all posted:

Are y'all really playing like we don't sit here and make exactly those kinds of comments for page after page? This is so weird. Y'all need therapy or something.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Xanderkish posted:

I never saw Dexter. What made the ending so stupid?

The titular character, a serial killer, decides everything he touches turns to poo poo, so he gives his son to his serial killer girlfriend and tells them he'll meet them in South America. Then he fakes his own death and goes to Alaska to be a lumberjack.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Do you think he still murdered people in Alaska

Don't know, don't care. I was hatewatching for the last several seasons because my gf was invested and because the thread was legitimately entertaining

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

it was a fakeout with no explanation as to why Dexter is immune to horse tranquilizer

because he's not a horse, god, how are you so bad at watching tv

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

No Wave posted:

Chicky Hines

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

That Italian Guy posted:

If you haven't liked The Last Kingdom you'll probably dislike Vikings as well, cause Uthred is kinda Ragnar 2.0.

What? Ragnar is a million times more likeable than Uthred. I loved Vikings (the first few seasons anyway) and think TLK is okay.

mastershakeman posted:

Oddly enough I really liked the very end of bsg, just felt most of the final season was spinning wheels stalling for time prior to saying yeah all along it's been a literal god/angels doing this and nerds aren't willing to accept a Mormon wrote this show and there's no other explanation

I thought I was the only one who liked it. The show was definitely flawed and there were a lot of filler episodes but I thought "God exists and has a plan" was a refreshing change of pace for the genre and it felt like a lot of the hate came from internet atheists being all "religion is real in MY sci-fi!?"

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Alchenar posted:

No Cersei doesn't shrug responsibility for the explosion, nor should she have. That's why its such a great turning point - her influence has been gradually eroding away, she looks like she's on the cusp of losing the game of thrones, her enemies all gather in one place... and she does exactly what she did when it looked like Ned was about to dethrone her, flip the table, and demonstrate that if you are willing to stop playing by the rules everyone else does and make use of sheer unrestrained violence then you can sweep all your opponents off the board.

It's the last time the show does a really good "where does power reside?" moment. It resides with Cersei in King's Landing because she was willing to go further than anyone else.

And yet she doesn't take the opportunity to kill Dany, her high command, and her last dragon when she had the chance, because guest rights, apparently

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Half the reason the show is trash now is that most of the good actors have had their characters killed off

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Lowly posted:

There are still wildlings

I thought literally every wildling was driven south of the wall or killed and raised by the white walkers?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

I've learned about a fat barbarian guy who took a dump on his dead opponent

An important detail you missed, the fat barbarian guy wears a tiny waistcoat that barely covers his armpits

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

The show probably didn't include Strong Belwas because no irl person could capture his glory

randy from trailer park boys

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

No Wave posted:

Sansa getting the news and bursting out laughing would be pretty entertaining.

That would require Sophie Turner to act something other than sullen

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

how many steam engines have you discovered binch im guessing zero just like me. discovering steam engines is hard as gently caress

you're weirdly mad about this. there's been no significant technological progress at all for thousands of years and apparently thinking that's weird means you play too much civ?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Y'all down on elective monarchy but the HRE was one of the longest-lasting empires in history :agesilaus:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Its Coke posted:

It's just shocking-for-the-sake-of-shocking

if this is actually serious and not a troll then you missed the entire point of the books

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

General Dog posted:

I still can't get over what a non-factor NK was for the last eight seasons, despite his billing as the ostensible final boss.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Can I dye my nipples outlandish colours?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I’ve been watching Chernobyl and man the radiation burn victims in that show look 100x more horrifying than the wights or zombie mountain or walking dead zombies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Phenotype posted:

It's just another ASoIaF Bad Thread now.

Was it ever anything else?