Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Olanphonia posted:

Definite endgame is going to be Dany dying and Jon and Sansa getting married.

Book it

only if they still call each other bro and sis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Why did they settle of 6 episodes? Is the actor per-episode cost too high with the ensemble?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Did Bran invent wheelchairs in the GoT universe? If so, it’s kind of a letdown that he has to wait until the invention of sidewalks to be able to go anywhere.

He pretty clearly doesn't go anywhere.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope we get like 25 minutes in dorne next week.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ShakeZula posted:

It's interesting, I had always expected in the final season that the Lannister/Stark conflict would be settled before the Night King conflict, just by the higher-stakes nature of the latter. But now that we're here it seems like the zombie war will be coming to a head in the next episode or two, leaving the final episodes to focus on the political situation. I suppose that makes sense considering the audience is way more invested in the fate of Cersei and her crew than any of the CGI zombies, but it's definitely not what I would have predicted.

Literally the whole point of this season is Cersei is going to be too vain and back-stabby to fight the white walkers, I assume.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

itskage posted:

The problem with making a low fantasy series that subverts the usual expectations, is that if you want it to turn high fantasy, eventually you will snag some tropes along the way.

Brianne should shag both of them in a 3 way then have the dudes die off to zombies and the show ends with a freezeframe of her winking to sansa.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Xanderkish posted:

Final episode is a cinema verite docudrama detailing the Night King's childhood in the slums of Eastern Europe living under the Soviet Bloc trying to make enough money to help his older sister get an abortion.

5 Emmys.

Does HBO still have the rights for a new Angels in America show but this time a Night King themed crossover?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
sansa deffo gets it wet

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Just Chamber posted:

I actually liked seeing her nude body, I know, I'm a monster.

if you didn't google her age your a pedo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
lol ser friendzone was literally the only real character to die: never laid

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

some guy on the bus posted:

Wait was that the end of the white walker zombie thing? Lol if so

23 years for that?

back to medieval realpolitik for another 25 eps

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

Did anybody NOT call Arya ninjaing the Night King at the last second because it was so telegraphed

I thought maybe aria was going to be impersonating bran and dick stab the night king

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I hate this show

it's totally fine

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

Lmao at literally the people saying the White Walkers weren't the premise of the "Song of Ice and Fire".

I mean they basically have done nothing in the books as writing so far (all that will ever be written).

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

Did Grey Worm die? It was so loving dark and/or brown I have no idea.

Only ser dickless, and ser friendzone died

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah that's about where I am on this

Did they really need Berric to enter a Christ pose as he got cut down, come on

It's like if jesus came back 3 days later and then was killed again and just kept on getting killed over and over.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

Also sending the dothraki in a preemptive charge against...nobody knows what (because they couldn't see) was dumb as poo poo.

RIP Dothraki, crossed the sea and then did nothing at all for two seasons.

They should have introduced some sand snakes at the head of the army and then sent them to die.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Next ep should just put up a title card: 9 months later and then aria rips out a child and they proclaim it king, the end.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The other funniest possibility after Aria would have been Bran shooting out one of the elf fireballs into Night Kings forehead.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

No zombie Ned =-***** IMO.

Can you be a zombie if you got beheaded?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Majorian posted:

Having no dick = CLONING POWERS.

They reproduce asexually lol

Not for Theon.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

lezard_valeth posted:

loving glad Missandei and Varys survived. Oh the show just wouldn't be the same without them

That's Sansa.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

IncendiaC posted:

Yeah what was up with the episode being so dark? Like, I get it's a night battle but the other two night-time GOT battles weren't this hard to watch.

CGI is way better in the dark.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Roman Reigns posted:

Surprised they didn't give Jorah some parting words. Not even a quiet "Khaleesi..."

just.. touch my ... dick a little....

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

JT Jag posted:

literally every prophecy Melisandre made in her entire drat life turned out to be wrong, lol

But dang wasn't she good at lighting zombies and children on fire.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Walrus posted:

arya teleport stabbing the night king is so lazy and anticlimactic. I cant believe it'll happen like that in the books.

It 100% won't happen like that in the books because another page will never be written.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

mary had a little clam posted:

"I too would rather drag out a motivation-less nightking zombie horde instead of ending on the interpersonal tension and emotional conflict that represents the show at it's best."

LOL i just Arya'd your arguments, ya goofs.

Yeah but they should have dezombiefied the show like 5 episodes ago at the minimum.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Its Coke posted:

Are Sam and Gilly both dead?

No one is dead.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Gotta say, all things considered, Aria had a pretty big 24 hours.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thom and the Heads posted:

Surely we get a nice bit of exposition from Bran next week on what he saw after he peeped the night king right????

Right?????

He's just going to go "my job here is done now" and animorphs into the tree and that'll be that.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

There was that scene earlier where Arya crowd surfed over the top of a bunch of zombies that were clogging up a stairwell like it was no big deal. Lol, for all we know she ran like a cartoon across the tops of the zombies heads while they were all staring at Bran/NK haha

The dude in the Foley stage who got to make the empty coconut sound whenever she stepped on their heads has the best job on set.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

wyoak posted:

I am kinda interested in what GRRM does

Imma stop you there

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

wyoak posted:

yeah i'll just read the wiki

Wiki on what will never be written. Football season is starting soon.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Elentor posted:

"I'm so exhausted let me rest."

"No."

Is this a metaphor for Danny finally pegging Jorah?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ritorix posted:

Now that Arya killed the NK I'm fully expecting her to start showing minor symptoms then slowly transform into a new night queen. There will always be a lich king.

She could give birth or to a blue eyed child.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Delthalaz posted:

Theon got an okay death but they halfassed his redemption. It really felt like after they ran out of GRRM material, the writers pretty much gave up on him and never really tried writing for the character, shoving it all on the actor to express with his eyes (he did a good job).

I always take issue with people saying the writers ran out of grrm material when the problem is grrm ran out of material.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fart Amplifier posted:

No, the writers of the show are terrible.

They are but grrm literally ran on fumes and wrote nearly 2000 bad pages before he quit the project completely.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fellatio del Toro posted:

bran is the D&D self insert, he wasn't warging his eyes rolled back because he was nutting the whole ep

Also the "snowstorm" wasn't caused by the night king.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Majorian posted:

Do you think GRRM was ever going to tie them together believably in the books? Because I certainly don't.

He has no clue or effort how to write anything anymore so obviously not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What if brans legs were actually fine and he dickkicked him to death.