Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I have no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wouldn't be surprised because i remember Nicholson being a dick about someone playing Joker even when Ledger did it, so in the 90s when he was a living legend he could have totally blocked another joker or had a contract or something

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Jok Blocked by Jackie

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm gonna roll with this as fact, thanks

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
In Batman White Knight it turns out that Clown Harley and Hooker Harley were two different people. Joker was just too crazy and self centered to even notice that Clown Harley left him and Random Crazy Blonde he picked up during a heist wasn’t Harley.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
jack nicholson can’t remember to put his pants on anymore lol

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
wait'll they get a load of me

*takes massive dump in his adult diapers*

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Here's my hot take after watching the trailer: Trash movie for trash people

Turn the movie screen at the movie theater on.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

marijuanamancer posted:

i wouldn't be surprised because i remember Nicholson being a dick about someone playing Joker even when Ledger did it, so in the 90s when he was a living legend he could have totally blocked another joker or had a contract or something

*gasp!*

Suddenly Nicholson’s cryptic line “I warned him” becomes all too clear! We all thought it was a warning from one method actor to another not to get too deep into the psychotic mind of the Joker, or possibly a warning against drug abuse but that wasn’t it at all: Nicholoson warned Ledger not to accept the role of the Joker or there would be “consequences.”

Jack Nicholson had Heath Ledger killed and made it look like a drug overdose! He said “I warned him,” as a message to anyone else who would dare to cross him.

Nicholson never stopped playing the Joker after the cameras stopped rolling. Jared Leto and Joquan Phoenix are in grave danger!

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
get the michael keaton signal!

marijuanamancer fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 20, 2019

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

marijuanamancer posted:

you know what i just realized? why the hell was jim carrey the riddler and not the joker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pQ0kgymWA

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gutcruncher posted:

In Batman White Knight it turns out that Clown Harley and Hooker Harley were two different people. Joker was just too crazy and self centered to even notice that Clown Harley left him and Random Crazy Blonde he picked up during a heist wasn’t Harley.

Funny thing it might turn out to go the other way because there can be up to three different Jokers at the same time who don't acknowledge each other.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gutcruncher posted:

Clown Harley ran off to be lesbians with Poison Ivy. It's canon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Applewhite posted:

Funny thing is the BTAS comics had Poison Ivy post-art shift actually be a plant construct created by the original as a decoy while she ran off to live in the Louisiana swamps with the Floronic Man.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Applewhite posted:

their vags both probly have a distinctive taste (thematically appropriate for the characters)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I think batman is a very sympathetic character, if I was the richest person in NYC i would also refuse to use my fame and fortune to address the roots of crime and instead work out my abandonment issues by beating up poor people

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Former DILF posted:

I think batman is a very sympathetic character, if I was the richest person in NYC i would also refuse to use my fame and fortune to address the roots of crime and instead work out my abandonment issues by beating up poor people

Dont forget his predatory cough cough I mean totally healthy, big brother/ mentor relationship with Robin

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Apr 21, 2019

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Former DILF posted:

He has a bunch of charities and locally-focused business initiatives designed to deal with the root causes in addition to beating people up

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Eventually he barely bothers with the thugs anymore and spends most of his time fighting aliens and mad scientists and evil gorillas.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Batman is lucky the joker and penguin and such are in Gotham. I think it makes him look a little less ridiculous when he punches people like that instead of bank robbers all the time.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

KillerJunglist posted:

Batman is lucky the joker and penguin and such are in Gotham. I think it makes him look a little less ridiculous when he punches people like that instead of bank robbers all the time.

what's wrong with the penguin? hes just a business man who dresses for success, nothing crazy about him.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In retrospect, Batman is ridiculous in the context of modern society and really stopped making sense as a gimmick after the fall of organized crime in the latter half of the 20th century.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in the superhero world when street crime goes down and people thrive it just makes conditions ripe for a new emerging supervillain to punch. but batman would be content to take down muggers every night if thats what crime had to offer. particularly if they carried guns

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My favorite is when a couple and their young son take a wrong turn down a dark alley and they get mugged at gunpoint and you think it’s a depiction of the time Thomas and Martha Wayne got shot but then Batman swoops in and you’re like “woah!”

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I also like the times when the petty crook who killed Batman’s parents turns out to have been part of another superhero’s rogues gallery.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Oh it’s also really clever and original when characters go back in time and are forced to witness or even cause the Wayne murders. Bonus points if it’s Batman himself.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Martha.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME???!!!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

KillerJunglist posted:

Martha.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME???!!!

Why DID he say that name instead of “mom” or “mommy”?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Oh it’s also really clever and original when characters go back in time and are forced to witness or even cause the Wayne murders. Bonus points if it’s Batman himself.
i dont think you get to act like youre above comic book movies anymore when youre obviously way more into comics than the average person. i know there wasnt a time travelling to witness the wayne murder scene in any of the movies
youre gonna have to make peace with the fact that people who are only watching the movies arent able to appreciate the actual comics on the same level that you do

also you know trying to rally support against movie franchises/comic cinematic universes is extremely pointless. even just in gbs let alone on a scale that could make some sort of difference. so enjoy them on the level theyre meant to be enjoyed on

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 23, 2019

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

gary oldmans diary posted:

i dont think you get to act like youre above comic book movies anymore when youre obviously way more into comics than the average person. i know there wasnt a time travelling to witness the wayne murder scene in any of the movies
youre gonna have to make peace with the fact that people who are only watching the movies arent able to appreciate the actual comics on the same level that you do

also you know trying to rally support against movie franchises/comic cinematic universes is extremely pointless. even just in gbs let alone on a scale that could make some sort of difference. so enjoy them on the level theyre meant to be enjoyed on

So are you saying comic book movies don’t suck major rear end?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Applewhite posted:

So are you saying comic book movies don’t suck major rear end?
no im saying you post in every comic movie thread whenever you remember that you dont like the concept of comic movies. its just pointless negativity with a hint of you secretly lusting after comic book movies in that "protest too much" way

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
accept your darker nature and admit that you like talking about comic books and comic book movies. you were the villain all along

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i don’t like these films that I know everything about

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

accept your darker nature and admit that you like talking about comic books and comic book movies. you were the villain all along

I love comic books and talking about comic books. I’d like to like comic book movies but I’m consistently disappointed so I’ve sworn them off. I never denied watching them in the past. I’ve seen all the marvel movies up to Infinity War which was the last straw for me.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I’m not sure what the argument is here. I’ve seen too many comic book movies to be in a position to judge their quality?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
give in to your hate love

Applewhite posted:

I’m not sure what the argument is here. I’ve seen too many comic book movies to be in a position to judge their quality?
youre taking not-serious thing seriously for ...reasons? and it seems like everyone who is into actual comics does too

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 23, 2019

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

give in to your hate love

It’s because I love them that it makes me so angry to see them mutilated this way.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you love em you gotta let em go. The movies. To the trash pile of history.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you love em you gotta let em go. The movies. To the trash pile of history.

That’s pretty much my position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
comic books, as a whole, are bad too