Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

There’s a gameplay effect, too. You get more commendation points for perfect missions which make the ship function more efficiently in combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Make sure to look at the crew in each scene, the description is different in every single room. And voiced!

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

All of those, I believe.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

You can also just cheese it by opening firing, causing any text or option menu to appear (By opening the Repair menu or flicking target analysis on/off) and waiting for a couple seconds. When you click away the dialog box your phasers and torpedoes will be ready to fire again. You can do this repeatedly and just annihilate any target in a hail of photons and phasers.

Basically it's the only way I could do it as a kid, I never did it legit.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I had that problem too until I saw a 100 percent run on youtube. You have to scan the boulder pile with both tricorders to confirm the guy is under there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I like the TOS version better because it actually makes sense, as kind of an Anthropologist's Principle - watch it but don't mess with it and keep your assistance discreet - as opposed to TNG's version that seems to be designed just to heighten drama for an episode and everyone thinks is stupid to begin with.