Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

from The Uninhabitable Earth by David Wallace-Wells

Climate change is here, it is bad, and it will get a lot worse. How bad it gets largely depends on what humanity does in the next decade. This is a critical time, a time for aggressive action, a time for brave ideas. Every little bit helps. Anything that can reduce carbon emissions by even a percentage point is worth trying because every tenth of a degree celcius that the global temperature increases puts millions, if not tens of millions, of people at risk.

Cows fart a lot, and their farts produce methane. Methane is a greenhouse gas, and since there are so many loving cows, it adds up:

quote:

Our results suggest that livestock methane emissions, while not the dominant overall source of global methane emissions, may be a major contributor to the observed annual emissions increases over the 2000s to 2010s.

so if cows are gonna keep farting why don't we just gmo a buncha cows to love the smell of their own farts so that they are constantly farting and inhaling eachothers' farts leading to net zero emission (assuming that the cows are so voraciously gulping farts that nothing escapes, but even if they could manage to get half it would be worth trying)

ok i have done my part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
just use a few carfacks to rise the continents a few inches higher you retards
you absolute imbeciles
you literal mental deficients

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Creamed Cormp posted:

you absolute imbeciles

:eyepop:

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Creamed Cormp posted:

you absolute imbeciles

would this actually work though

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I don't see how putting mohels out of work is going to stop climate change

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

if we can't get the guillotine we want, if we can meet in the middle and settle on a dick chopping machine i'd still consider that a win

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

:eyepop:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

we just need to do it all at the same time

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Creamed Cormp posted:

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Creamed Cormp posted:

Yurp.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Pick up some old fridges at a Yard Sard and we're set.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

meaty titballs don’t fart... genius...

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Is this the helmet with the shotgun shells rigged up in it? Very progressive

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

baw posted:

Cows fart a lot, and their farts produce methane. Methane is a greenhouse gas, and since there are so many loving cows, it adds up:

so if cows are gonna keep farting why don't we just gmo a buncha cows to love the smell of their own farts so that they are constantly farting and inhaling eachothers' farts leading to net zero emission (assuming that the cows are so voraciously gulping farts that nothing escapes, but even if they could manage to get half it would be worth trying)

The methane and CO2 come from their burps so you'll need to reverse your diagram and invent cows that suck burps into their asses.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

butt dickus posted:

The methane and CO2 come from their burps so you'll need to reverse your diagram and invent cows that suck burps into their asses.

I thought it came out of both ends of the cow.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
No paint on phone, but it's just a noose with tiny blue dot in the middle haha

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i was going to ask how ejaculating out the window of a moving vehicle was supposed to fight climate change but then the answer was obvious

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 14, 2019

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yes

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

lol

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Are you serious? Rotate it as an image doofus

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah but it's not gonna look like it's actually written on a board that is viewed at an angle if you get what I mean

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

The "cow farts" thing is kind of bad because it makes it seem like a joke or something, there is a pretty big agricultural component because there's 8 billion people on the planet that eat farmed meat and plants, and all those plants that the animals eat and all the animals waste forms huge agricultural cesspool lakes and other things like thousands of square miles of corn (which doesn't grow in its natural form and would never grow naturally in thousands of square miles) and "corn sweat" and such are all doing their due diligence in unlocking greenhouse gases from the earth's crust.

But the 8 billion people need to eat so what to do? Farming will have to continue but we pretty much have to come up with some way of containing the greenhouse gases, but how? Cover all the corn in greenhouses?

I guess we're hosed. Soylent Green was 1973 we pretty much knew this was going to happen and we didn't do anything about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxK6GzfhuTo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Telebite posted:

The "cow farts" thing is kind of bad because it makes it seem like a joke or something, there is a pretty big agricultural component because there's 8 billion people on the planet that eat farmed meat and plants, and all those plants that the animals eat and all the animals waste forms huge agricultural cesspool lakes and other things like thousands of square miles of corn (which doesn't grow in its natural form and would never grow naturally in thousands of square miles) and "corn sweat" and such are all doing their due diligence in unlocking greenhouse gases from the earth's crust.

But the 8 billion people need to eat so what to do? Farming will have to continue but we pretty much have to come up with some way of containing the greenhouse gases, but how? Cover all the corn in greenhouses?

I guess we're hosed. Soylent Green was 1973 we pretty much knew this was going to happen and we didn't do anything about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxK6GzfhuTo

lol that owns