Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is a thread where you can post about your team that did not make the playoffs, has been eliminated from the playoffs, or about fishing, or fish. This thread exists because news about eliminated teams often gets lost in the main thread due to playoff team discussion, which, probably is how it should be.

If I get ahold of TNT Gone Fishin' pics I will post them in the OP.

A request: I'm not a mod so I can't enforce this but I would like if people post twitter links they post some actual thoughts about it, and also the people who post after a game one loss "can I post in this thread now????" please don't.

E: Bonus image from a mystery contributor

E: Also thanks to Athanatos for finding all these fishing images, along with this gem:

Rick fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Hi, the Lakers are gonna hire a bad coach and continue to be rudderless as they waste the remainder of LeBron's prime while throwing away young talented players in poorly planned trades

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

looking forward to my sixers friends posting here with me

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kyrie is going to be a laker and i think i believe this but im not sure

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

Hi, the Lakers are gonna hire a bad coach and continue to be rudderless as they waste the remainder of LeBron's prime while throwing away young talented players in poorly planned trades

Probably.

I guess I could talk myself into Monty and I've been calling Lue underrated here for for like three years but I'm not so hot on other options. Well I'd like Messina but I don't hear any rumors connecting him at this point.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Yay, the Pels might actually be able to make big moves that are good, instead of bad ones. Gayle making it so that Griffin only answers to her is gonna be good for optics, even if it doesn't actually change much about the day-to-day.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Grizz couldn’t even tank right, and now we’re damned to draft 8th, the worst possible outcome this season could have had

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Grizz couldn’t even tank right, and now we’re damned to draft 8th, the worst possible outcome this season could have had

You know you are one of my favorite posters, right buddy? :glomp:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah I can't think off anything to counter that Nick but you're a great person.

Mike Conley just refused to tank.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Some Suns fans are talking themselves into the James Jones permanent hire. I don't buy it personally. We need to be a top 3 pick in the draft because nobody in their right loving mind is coming to phoenix, no matter how good Devin played or how many ladies he got pregnant off the insta.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Excuse me, I meant to say "the gram"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Some Suns fans are talking themselves into the James Jones permanent hire. I don't buy it personally. We need to be a top 3 pick in the draft because nobody in their right loving mind is coming to phoenix, no matter how good Devin played or how many ladies he got pregnant off the insta.

For what it's worth Phoenix usually gets at least a meeting with a good free agent every offseason, the weather and Mill Ave are amazing selling points. Maybe James is a good enough dude to finally get one to sign. But yeah ideally that's a job that takes a lot of experience and a commitment to establishing a strong culture from scouting down.

I dunno, this inspired me to read a bunch of articles about whether or not Danny Ferry is actually racist and it seems like the answer is "maybe not" so I guess he's the guy they should probably hire.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

For what it's worth Phoenix usually gets at least a meeting with a good free agent every offseason, the weather and Mill Ave are amazing selling points. Maybe James is a good enough dude to finally get one to sign. But yeah ideally that's a job that takes a lot of experience and a commitment to establishing a strong culture from scouting down.

I dunno, this inspired me to read a bunch of articles about whether or not Danny Ferry is actually racist and it seems like the answer is "maybe not" so I guess he's the guy they should probably hire.

I guess the weather is a plus since they can just leave town during the worst parts of the year

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers sources I'd consider good are in disagreement as to if the Lakers are going to go after a team president or not. Going big and going after Bob Meyers, I dunno, seems a bit unrealistic and I'm not sure why he'd have a reason to move but I guess it makes sense to try. I like the idea of going after West of course if possible. Either thing isn't going to be doable until June, though.

For some reason whenever the Lakers have a patient coaching search the media absolutely freaks out but I wish they would wait until they settle the president issue, if they're going to settle it.

The Glumslinger posted:

I guess the weather is a plus since they can just leave town during the worst parts of the year

Yeah the regular season completely dodges the hot parts of the year.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I feel like the suns are trending in a good direction but they solved none of their problems from the start of the season and their roster construction is just so hosed up. Are they really going to sign a PG and a backup center and be a 35+ win team?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
No.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
At some point I'm going to type something up about Dirk's retirement for this threat but I need to wait until I'm done with finals.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You know you are one of my favorite posters, right buddy? :glomp:

Rick posted:

Yeah I can't think off anything to counter that Nick but you're a great person.

Mike Conley just refused to tank.

Thanks homies

Mike Conley refused to tank, but raised his asking price to teams in search of quality PG help. I love him so much, and it’s going to really break my heart when we trade him.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Spacebump posted:

At some point I'm going to type something up about Dirk's retirement for this threat but I need to wait until I'm done with finals.

I'm so sad it's over, dude

like it was time, but still...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NBCSChicago/status/1117877822750642176

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
So he wears a jersey under his suit every game?

Is there hope in Wolvesville??

https://www.canishoopus.com/2019/4/16/18411032/woj-wolves-granted-permission-to-interview-clippers-gm-michael-winger-nba-offseason

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1118232022282067968

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/1118241451106816000

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Please go hire Jerry West Memphis

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I CAN'T loving BELIEVE THEY EXTENDED HIM

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fire him unless he gets the word "bulls" tattooed across his breasts

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
At first my brain thought he was saying that 2pac style and that Boylen was going to get "BULLS" tatted on his chest above an Ak-47

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I don't know what the Clippers guy is doing but learning from Jerry West can't be bad. And the Rockets guy is really respected.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Too much hope in Wolvestown.

Chicago is the home of Malört and Chicagoans love that poo poo so maybe y'all just like being really miserable all the time?

Full disclosure: same.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
I don't like that the game is centered around the 3 pointer anymore. It's so much of a focus now it has made the game less interesting to watch. I like seeing the acrobatic skills involved when trying to score around and through people. Bombing away from distance does not excite me.

What if we just ban all screens?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Kibner posted:

I don't like that the game is centered around the 3 pointer anymore. It's so much of a focus now it has made the game less interesting to watch. I like seeing the acrobatic skills involved when trying to score around and through people. Bombing away from distance does not excite me.

counterpoint: add the 4 point line

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kibner posted:

I feel like an old man saying this but I kind of agree. I think the solution could be making the 3 point line a straight line and eliminating the corner 3s.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Spacebump posted:

I feel like an old man saying this but I kind of agree. I think the solution could be making the 3 point line a straight line and eliminating the corner 3s.

I could live with trying this out, I think.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Kibner posted:

they should move the 3 point line back a foot per season until the league 3pt% hovers on 33% so that players who finish well around the rim are more valuable

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I absolutely agree about threes being too important. It just isn't as fun to watch people shoot a shot so many times that they miss 60% or more of the time.

It's the sort of thing that I don't know how they get back in the box though.

Like maybe if they did something crazy like ban defenders from the paint, it would push people towards attacking the basket more. Also could lead to cool dunks. But also could lead to very slow games due to defenses violating this all the time.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Rick posted:

I absolutely agree about threes being too important. It just isn't as fun to watch people shoot a shot so many times that they miss 60% or more of the time.

Like maybe if they did something crazy like ban defenders from the paint, it would push people towards attacking the basket more. Also could lead to cool dunks. But also could lead to very slow games due to defenses violating this all the time.

It would indeed be crazy, as NBA games would end 398-396.

The 3PAr is fine, and there's almost certainly more cool dunks now than there's ever been.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

If you miss the three, your team loses a point.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The Hawks are fun yall

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
This is the good poo poo I like to hear:

https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status/1118575582604857345

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
This... I don't know about...

https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status/1118576744586461185

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Has no one learned anything from the Butler/Thibs/Wolves fiasco??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

scuz posted:

Has no one learned anything from the Butler/Thibs/Wolves fiasco??

:shrug:

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status/1118576686654787586

e: at least the "all-in or all-out" statement makes me think it's something that is not being proposed lightly or half-heartedly so if AD does remain (yuck), it would be for a long term contract and have less drama (hopefully