Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Grizz couldn’t even tank right, and now we’re damned to draft 8th, the worst possible outcome this season could have had

You know you are one of my favorite posters, right buddy? :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

I think I can probably start posting here

I know better than to ever be comfortable about Chris Paul Playoff Teams, and you should too friend.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

chunkles posted:

i'm surprised it hasn't improved at all. i mean i guess there are always 4chan type idiots and no company has shown any ability to moderate any online community. but id think the general trend would be towards less of that following society in general.

I honestly think it probably is in terms of the whole and this thread is just using anecdote as fact.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kibner posted:

Rainbow Six started banning people automatically with a word filter. It led to players baiting opponents/teammates to use slurs in order to get them banned. https://kotaku.com/every-game-should-copy-rainbow-sixs-new-chat-moderation-1827671630

I had forgotten about this and it's basically the greatest thing ever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Declan MacManus posted:

i mean ask a woman or a person of color how their online gaming experiences are going and get back to me

Fair enough.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spite posted:

I used to naively think the internet would grow up and stop being racist assholes. Instead it leaked into the real world and became president.

I dunno man it's weird. There are definitely pockets that have grown up. I'd go so far as to maybe even say a majority if a small one. Problem is those who didn't not only didn't grow up, they're REALLY vocal and mad that others did.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not like suicidal or anything but this game was really really bad for my mental state and I unironically need someone to help me feel like I'm going to be okay because I had a brutal day capped off by that steaming turd.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

It's just a bunch of strangers throwing a ball at a hoop man. It's just for fun, don't let it wreck your mood. Tomorrow is another day, go kick it's rear end.

Plus Durant and Klay are gonna leave and y'all can go wreck them next year.

I appreciate it MV, I know we've had our moments over the years. I'm just TIRED, man. That's the only way I can think to put it. Life has worn me down about things much more consequential than the little things so then the little things touch already raw nerves. I just want some wins, literally or figuratively.

I'm not saying I have the worst life ever or anything like that it's just got me down right now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

You're a far better poster than I ever will be and by comparison make Houston sports fans look semi reasonable and sane.

While I'm technically only a Houston fan since it's where Chris resides currently, I genuinely appreciate it. :)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Devote your sports energy to Aminu for at least one game

I can do that I guess. I really like the Nugs tho. :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all the kindness guys. I really appreciate it. I try to be good to all my Posting Pals because I believe everyone should give what they want to get in the world so I'm glad I'm a good presence round these parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That loving shot.

I have to admit I don't have faith in this off-season shaking things up but I really hope it does.