Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
At some point I'm going to type something up about Dirk's retirement for this threat but I need to wait until I'm done with finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

I don't like that the game is centered around the 3 pointer anymore. It's so much of a focus now it has made the game less interesting to watch. I like seeing the acrobatic skills involved when trying to score around and through people. Bombing away from distance does not excite me.

What if we just ban all screens?

I feel like an old man saying this but I kind of agree. I think the solution could be making the 3 point line a straight line and eliminating the corner 3s.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

tyreke is bad and no one should sign him imo

someone should because his handles in 2k catch people off guard and make him fun to use.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The craziest thing about Buddy Hield was when used an exp hack to that raised his skill and age.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

lol at fans that did this.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That loving shot.

I have to admit I don't have faith in this off-season shaking things up but I really hope it does.

I have simple hopes for the offseason. For the Mavs to sign Zing to a long term deal, get Pat Beverly, and one other mid tier free agent. (It’d be cool if they keep their pick but I’m not expecting it.) If this happens, Mavs will be in the playoffs next year. This is the time when non playoff team fans still can dream.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

I was kinda hoping the Cavs would re-hire Blatt.

Is Blatt still getting paid by them? I love that he was getting paid for coaching an NBA team and coaching a EuroLeague team for maximum money.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

thrilla in vanilla posted:

If the Suns don't get a top two pick tonight I'm driving to Arizona and KIDnapping one of the goats from Ryan McDonoughs old office

Suns have had 3 top 5 picks in a row, how many more do they need?

I'm just getting ready for the coming disappointment when the Mavs don't move up in the lotto.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

hifi posted:

If they're going to get pushed down in the lottery to pick dragan bender at 5 then you can probably keep them coming until the end of the universe

fair point

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

at that point why isn't it just 9 am on the 30th? If they are going to make it earlier it doesn't make sense to make everyone wait all day. (unless players/agents/team reps don't want to be up that early)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Watching both John Wick movies probably won't be necessary for the 3rd but I'd go with the first over the second if you have a choice.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

I don't like pairing Lonzo with Zion, Ingram has a ton of questions left to answer and only a single season left to have them answered before his first big contract, Kuzma is older and nearly at his peak and is still awful at defense and not good enough at offense to overcome if.

RJ Barrett may possibly one day be as good as Ingram but the Pels won't have to be tied to as big of a contract with him in order to find out. The other Knicks guys are whatever, but they are also cheaper for longer.

The Knicks also have a couple Dallas picks which may be better than any other future picks being offered.

I'd rather try to trade for Nets players (like LaVert) + a pick from them than anything the Knicks have to offer. The sooner Mavs pick that the Knicks have is the better/unprotected one. At the very least, the Pelicans should consider waiting to see how the offseason goes for Dallas. It's too bad Latvia isn't in this summer's basketball world cup. That could have been a decent place for Porzingis to shake off some of the rust.

I've come around to being pumped the Pelicans got Zion. I'm excited to see how they build around Zion and happy for what he can do for NOLA.

Also, I'm sure almost nobody here care but I just learned the EuroLeague Final Four is this weekend. No idea where you can stream it yet in it but I'm sure it will be easy enough to find online.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 18, 2019

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

There goes the bronze medals.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

ChickenMedium posted:

If I was a famous NBA player, I would do tweets like this all the time just to gently caress with people.

I would follow and unfollow players on social media around offseasons.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/1136035972909547526

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/1135585984693833728

Mavs apparently are not going to try to sign Butler or DLo. I am happy about this.

Lockback posted:

He'll get Simmons going eeeaaarrrlllyyy I bet.

This is my favorite post in a while, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dutchy posted:

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1136688094109941760

Max he's eligible for is 4/55. Powell has value because he's such a good rim runner but he's an active liability at everything else. If they actually envision Powell as the long term compliment to porzingis in the starting lineup I don't even know what to say

It's more likely Maxi or Free Agent starts than Powell. I really like this assuming Powell is coming off the bench. A bench big that doesn't take dumb shots and is willing to share the ball on offense is cool. I think Powell opting in was the best case scenario for keeping him on the roster. You watched more than I did this year and I can understand disliking him. I guess it will really depend on what his role is next year.