Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Crazy fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sausage king of Chicago
Jun 13, 2001
cool fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

"We're gonna win in round 2, TKO" -Frevola's corner

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Frevola's level changes are the funniest poo poo I've ever seen

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
DC in full frustrated wrestling coach mode

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Turner escaped in the first round by having his toes in the cage, and just now he grabbed it while getting up. Goddard didn't have an angle to see either one hahaha.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
lmao how was that inadvertent cmon

"I'm not upkicking, I'm just gonna sit here flailing my legs and if your face happens to get in my way..."

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

This fight is Rogan saying "Guillotine, guillotine. Looks tight" and then the fighter lets go.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Man, you gotta deduct a point there. Turner had both knees down and Frevola threw that kick a few times before it landed

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

TKO via headkick, back to the minor leagues, Jalin.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This doctor is using the iPhone flashlight as his medical light.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Why is that illegal?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wait that's a strike to the head of an opponent on both knees no? even if it's not a poke?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i'm the ringside doctor using his phone torch to examine the fighter's eye

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Why is that illegal?

Kicks to the head of a grounded opponent are illegal. Jalin Turner had his knees on the mat so he was grounded. And it sure looked like Frevola was throwing kicks there and not scrambling so Marc Goddard got this one wrong to me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think you need to take a point there.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Marc Goddard earning his spot as the new Mazzagatti tonight.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Did Georgia accept the unified rules?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Kicks to the head of a grounded opponent are illegal. Jalin Turner had his knees on the mat so he was grounded. And it sure looked like Frevola was throwing kicks there and not scrambling so Marc Goddard got this one wrong to me.

Oh right duh, guy on top can be grounded too.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Brut posted:

Wait that's a strike to the head of an opponent on both knees no? even if it's not a poke?

Yea but for some bizarre reason Goddard keeps saying he's calling it "innocuous" and "a graze" even though he just blatantly threw a bunch of illegal kicks. referees are fuckin weirdos :shrug:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

spb posted:

Did Georgia accept the unified rules?

Yes.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Turner's head movement is real bad.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jalen really needs to work his left hand. Not much of a jab game and not much of a check hook.

Bad for a rangy fighter.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

BlindSite posted:

I think you need to take a point there.

I think everybody but Goddard saw Frevola deliberately fouling with illegal upkicks to escape a bad position, but only Goddard's opinion matters

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reminder that Goddard scolded Usman for not working in the Usman/Woodley fight then when he was protested by Usman told him it's a fight.

Dude is not a great referee.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol Rogan

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

I think everybody but Goddard saw Frevola deliberately fouling with illegal upkicks to escape a bad position, but only Goddard's opinion matters

Frevola can't see Jalin's legs from that position, anyone else at Lightweight he could be fighting who is at that height above him is standing, I think even Goddard didn't realize that all happened with Jalin on his knees.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
ahaha thats a really good point

e]Goddard should absolutely have been able to see though

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Goddard's a homophobe as well iirc.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
apparently a 1 or even 2 point deduction wouldn't have mattered anyway

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Frevola will get the judges nod but he really should've lost a point for a blatant upkick.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Mekchu posted:

Reminder that Goddard scolded Usman for not working in the Usman/Woodley fight then when he was protested by Usman told him it's a fight.

Dude is not a great referee.

I disagree, I think he's one of the best in the business.

edit: that doesn't mean he's perfect

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Most disappointing ting about that fight was that there was no serra in the corner.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kelvin won the ultimate fighter 6 years ago... feels like 2.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
I don't like the rule covering upkicks but yeah that was pretty blatant. Both of them look like they need a bit more experience but have talent at any rate.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

BlindSite posted:

Most disappointing ting about that fight was that there was no serra in the corner.

the fight is in Atlanta, they would have needed to ship him home as air freight

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Kelvin won the ultimate fighter 6 years ago... feels like 2.

remember all the hype surrounding uriah hall going into that season?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
time for mr oplot

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
wtf more interim titles??? So does the winner of Max v Poirier get to fight Khabib this summer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

remember all the hype surrounding uriah hall going into that season?

I might be remembering this wrong, but when Chael and JBJ were drafting their teams, wasn't Kelvin the last fighter picked (or close to it)?

credit where credit is due, Uriah did a bunch of cool fight poo poo while acting like a genuinely unstable insane person, so it made sense at the time to focus on him
remember when everybody was at a restaurant and took a group photo, and Uriah refused and sat by himself chugging ice water straight from the pitcher?

e: or the time he completely wanted to murder a guy for making fun of him for not knowing the word "chef"?