Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I'm pretty sure all biturbos have PO fuckery

builds character posted:

The PO is Maserati.
Yes, you beat me to it.

builds character posted:

Can you just hang the caliper down so the bleeder is on the top?
I guess, but that makes no sense.

Motronic posted:

Then put a winch on it and run sweep with me.
The toyota would be a good sweep vehicle.
The oil pan is a serious dingleberry on this thing. And no, it's not going to be used for rally of any sort, sorry. Rate the thread one star, get it gassed, idc. I want to take it to a hillclimb or two, though.

So while changing the oil I noticed I was incorrect about a lot of presumptions in the video I made. I'd rather not put really wrong information on the internet for a rare car tied to my name. I'll do a better job and post it. People already find my Wisconsin engine content because it's equally rare (if not more rare).

So changing the oil was fun. First step was to buy oil. I got 15w40 rotella T4 diesel oil for the car. It's supposed to have 10w40 or 20w50 depending on climate I think, 15w40 falls in that range. It's also high in zinc which is needed for the flat tappets. I went with T4 since it's fully conventional, the car has been sitting a while, has had a lot of startups and 45 second runs, etc. The myth that synthetic is bad for engines is mostly bullshit, but I'm running that oil for a while to get the engine flushed out, then I'll probably move to a synthetic which will be better for the turbos.
I got fully synthetic 15w40 rotella T6 for the mercedes, and fully synthetic 5w30 castrol for the toyota. All these things need oil changes... Should get the mercedes filter tomorrow and the toyota filter tomorrow or the next day. Gonna be a party.

Oh, I also had to go to horror freight and get a set of allen sockets since the drain plug uses a 17mm internal hex.
Anyway, on to the biturbo oil change. It needs a stupidass short little filter because something about the 425i means the swaybar is so close to the engine no other filter fits in its place. Nobody seems to have a solution for this. I have no idea. The mopar filter is the right everything besides height, so it should work, right?...

Here's a side-by-side:

It has no chance in hell of fitting. It's hanging up on the swaybar. I tried to drop the swaybar but the mounts can't be removed all the way without dropping the entire front cradle (LOL).

At first I thought it was hanging up on the world's shittiest AC condenser, but as can be seen in the next few pics, it won't go under or over the swaybar. Also, not only is that condenser hilariously small (i mean, italian cars have a reputation for horrible AC), it's beat to poo poo from being run into curbs and likely won't hold pressure. You may notice the front of the oil pan is somewhat battered, too.

Turns out the magic formula is dropping the AC condenser, which is easy. And then unbolting the radiator and raising it up an inch, which is also easy. Then the filter slides right in and amazingly doesn't occupy the same space as the swaybar.
So yea, not a very exciting update. I changed oil, a task that should take about 15 on anything else. Tomorrow I'll change oil in the mercedes, again, not very exciting. I really wanna run a lubro moly diesel purge on the mercedes, change the primary filter, then get my injectors rebuilt, but everything in good time.

Oh also, I had a really naughty thought today. The v6 ford ecoboost makes a lot of power, is reliable, and has a front sump...

chrisgt fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
I think that that's the point where I'd have put a remote filter reroute on.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Welp, that definitely makes the mild contortions and pushing hoses out of the way I have to do to run a slightly oversized filter on my Fiesta ST seem trivial.

edit:

chrisgt posted:

Oh also, I had a really naughty thought today. The v6 ford ecoboost makes a lot of power, is reliable, and has a front sump...
:ck5:

edit2: For full stupid keep in mind that the Ford Indigo and GT90 concepts, as well as many production Aston Martins, are powered by what effectively amounts to a pair of Ford Duratec 3.0s joined in the middle. If one EcoBoost V6 is good, two is better, right?

wolrah fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 17, 2019

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

mekilljoydammit posted:

I think that that's the point where I'd have put a remote filter reroute on.

Yeah, that filter is definitely chosen for clearance and not for filtration. How short is the factory change interval, do you know?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh yay, the mopar filter (kinda) fit. Wix 51056 was also an option, but all I had to go off in slack was the specs of the "supposed to work" fram, the ufi number which I could get 0 specs on or pictures of and that it needed to be shorter than the fram. Gimmie a bit to dig and hopefully I can find you something easier to get in and out in the future. :v:

Edit:. Wix 51335 is 2 1/2" tall, otherwise the same specs aside from burst rating. Unless you think the biturbo can hit 280psi of pressure inside the filter, it might be the better option. Its over an inch shorter. :v:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 17, 2019

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The fun is the engine though, without the engine I feel like the car is just a lousy 1980s GT sedan

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I've had a very hard to source set of master and slave cylinders bored out and fitted with a stainless steel sleeve before by a brake shop here in Adelaide. I have NFI if theres such a service where you are but it is a done thing.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The fun is the engine though, without the engine I feel like the car is just a lousy 1980s GT sedan

Naw, part of the fun is the ridiculously posh interior, with suede headliner, snazzy quartz clock in the dash, dogleg 1st gear, silly italian things like the horn at the end of the turn signal stalk, there's a lot of oddball fun stuff. OP's car has the big pillowy leather chairs which are fun, I had the leather/suede sports seats which were actually very nice.

But in reality, it's a dumpster fire of anti-reliability and OP is doing god's work.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

chrisgt posted:

And no, it's not going to be used for rally of any sort, sorry. Rate the thread one star, get it gassed, idc. I want to take it to a hillclimb or two, though.

Anyway, on to the biturbo oil change. It needs a stupidass short little filter because something about the 425i means the swaybar is so close to the engine no other filter fits in its place. Nobody seems to have a solution for this. I have no idea. The mopar filter is the right everything besides height, so it should work, right?...

Well, good thing you only have to do that onc... oh, every time you change the oil? oh... (something, something, you'll only have to change it once because it's going to break down is the joke there but I assume you'll have this thing doing donuts on the ice too in no time).

Why hillclimbs vs. just playing around on stage? Just curious - it's your car and you're already doing way more than I could or would so no criticism here. (But certainly a selfish desire for video doing 3590 around a long sweeper.)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo he did it the absolute madman!

Someone linked motorweek retro reviews in another thread and turns out there's an episode on the '86 BIturbo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko96GLSTJ44

I love looking at this car so thanks for doing the needful.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

mobby_6kl posted:

Someone linked motorweek retro reviews in another thread and turns out there's an episode on the '86 BIturbo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko96GLSTJ44

Pfft, at least link the review of the good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF5RjmEGgc8

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

meatpimp posted:

I was looking for that classic. "And thankfully, fuel delivery is as advanced as everything else here. [engine stalls]"

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

chrisgt posted:

You should totally do it. And fully document how you got it working (like if you buy an aftermarket engine controller or somehow hack a junkyard engine controller). 3.5L D35!

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Yeah, that filter is definitely chosen for clearance and not for filtration. How short is the factory change interval, do you know?
No idea. I'll probably change it every 3000 miles or one year, whichever comes first (once a year).

Elmnt80 posted:

Oh yay, the mopar filter (kinda) fit. Wix 51056 was also an option, but all I had to go off in slack was the specs of the "supposed to work" fram, the ufi number which I could get 0 specs on or pictures of and that it needed to be shorter than the fram. Gimmie a bit to dig and hopefully I can find you something easier to get in and out in the future. :v:

Edit:. Wix 51335 is 2 1/2" tall, otherwise the same specs aside from burst rating. Unless you think the biturbo can hit 280psi of pressure inside the filter, it might be the better option. Its over an inch shorter. :v:
It's honestly not that bad considering I'm unlikely to put a zillion miles on it. I'l just change the filter when I have to do other major service that requires disassembling half the car (which is basically any service on this thing, holy poo poo, I'd almost rather work on a v6 minivan).

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

meatpimp posted:

Naw, part of the fun is the ridiculously posh interior, with suede headliner, snazzy quartz clock in the dash, dogleg 1st gear, silly italian things like the horn at the end of the turn signal stalk, there's a lot of oddball fun stuff. OP's car has the big pillowy leather chairs which are fun, I had the leather/suede sports seats which were actually very nice.

But in reality, it's a dumpster fire of anti-reliability and OP is doing god's work.
There are some amazingly weird things on this car. I promised a walkaround video of under the hood and probably in the car, too. I'm not forgetting that, I'm just really busy and editing videos is is a massive time sink.

builds character posted:

Well, good thing you only have to do that onc... oh, every time you change the oil? oh... (something, something, you'll only have to change it once because it's going to break down is the joke there but I assume you'll have this thing doing donuts on the ice too in no time).

Why hillclimbs vs. just playing around on stage? Just curious - it's your car and you're already doing way more than I could or would so no criticism here. (But certainly a selfish desire for video doing 3590 around a long sweeper.)
This is actually a good question. Since I spend so much time helping support stage rally teams, having helped build a stage rally car, and having spent a lot of time in service parks I assume everyone is on the same page with this topic.
Stage rally is really, really expensive. It's a serious motorsport, it's not like you just bolt in a roll cage and go drive on a track for a few grand, it's way bigger a commitment than that. Having a cage professionally installed can cost around $4000 depending on what the car is and what kind of deal you get. Probably a bit cheaper if you're caging a subaru, every cage builder has done that. Probably a bit more expensive if you're caging something weird.
Safety equipment is in the thousands. Not only is safety equipment expensive, it all expires every few years. Race seats, helmets, fire suits, HANS, belts, etc. All of them expire. It's a reoccurring cost, and a big one.
Going to events is expensive. It's not really possible to do it alone, you need a support team to be competitive. That means a condo, food, etc. for a crew of people. Entering an event is around $1000, lodging is expensive (everyone wants to be in the same place at the same time), insurance is expensive, tow vehicle, recce vehicle, tools, supplies, etc. Going to a race costs a few thousand dollars.

So with all the expenses, it doesn't make sense to just do one event as a gag. I haven't even touched on other aspects of things... Suspension would be a completely custom affair. I don't think standard size gravels would fit on it, so more custom work. The driveline is hilariously unreliable with absolutely no spare parts. Nobody is going to have a spare.... anything just sitting in their truck. Since stage rally is such a gigantic monetary commitment a car with a lot of custom work or unusual parts is a bad place to start. The best way to get into stage rally is a subaru, a VW, a ford fiesta, something like that. They're common, lots of people race them, and there's a large knowledge base walking around every service park ready to help you at moments notice. Hell, I've pulled all nighters rebuilding other team's vehicles. Why? We're all in this together, nobody wants to see anyone DNF. That sucks, it cost so much money to be there.

So yea, long answer to a short question. But it doesn't make sense for very many reasons to attempt stage rally in a biturbo. Oh also, I'm not sure how the classing rules with ARA would work with turbo engines, either. With RA beginners couldn't have turbos...

Hill climbs are fun, don't require a cage or any advanced safety equipment, and you get a good deal of seat time for the money. They're an event you can go to, have fun, and not be broke on monday.

mobby_6kl posted:

They aren't wrong that fuel injection is better...

meatpimp posted:

The Linux Fairy posted:

I was looking for that classic. "And thankfully, fuel delivery is as advanced as everything else here. [engine stalls]"
It's completely beyond me why they didn't just go with K/L-jetronic. But no, they had to go with WEBER fuel injection. If their carbs weren't bad enough for turbo charging....
Also, mine is a bit different. All the driver seat controls are electric and there's an electric release button for the trunk as well.
There are still a few buttons and switches that seem to do nothing and/or I'm afraid to touch.

Fire Storm posted:

You should totally do it. And fully document how you got it working (like if you buy an aftermarket engine controller or somehow hack a junkyard engine controller). 3.5L D35!
I figured someone had swapped an ecoboost into something with megasquirt by now.

Ferremit posted:

I've had a very hard to source set of master and slave cylinders bored out and fitted with a stainless steel sleeve before by a brake shop here in Adelaide. I have NFI if theres such a service where you are but it is a done thing.
Yea, that's always an option. Any decent machine shop should be able to bore out a hole and put a sleeve in, I have no doubt about that. The slave cylinder cost be about $90 NOS, though. Sure, that's a lot of money for a slave cylinder, but it's cheaper than having a custom machined thing. It would probably be well over $100 to have a machine shop do that service, then I'd still have to buy the $25 rebuild kit (which looks like $5 of hydraulic seals...)

Ok things I got done today: Not much.
I got the new clutch slave cylinder in. What a massive horrible loving pain in the god drat loving rear end, holy poo poo. I can't get two hands down in there at the same time (giggedy), and it didn't come with a little plastic retainer thingy to hold it in the retracted position. There's no room where the thing belongs to grip hard enough to retract the piston, there's no way to open the bleeder when it's installed (so only fighting the spring, not also hydraulics).
My ultimate solution was one of my favourite things, stainless lock wire.

I ended up having to tighten it down a bit further than that, but it shows the gist of what I went through. I bled the cylinder by letting it hang under the car and having my live-in brake/clutch bleeding assistant (wife) mash the clutch pedal until I got the air out.
The clutch feel is really good now, it doesn't have a dead spot at the top of the pedal like you get when there's air in the system. It doesn't seem to leak.
I wanted to go for a drive, but without a muffler it's deep into noise ordnance violations after dark... also the tires are so bad I'm afraid to go over about 10mph, even up and down my little road... THAT bad... I should have a pile of tires on my deck tomorrow, I'll install them on the wheels this weekend.
I can't find a welding gas supply shop that doesn't hold banker's hours. Maine Oxy is open on saturdays for a few hours, they're all across new england, so I'll probably end up having to go with them and pay out the rear end for gas.

I also changed the oil in the mercedes and spilled about a quart of used nasty black diesel engine oil all over the floor. Then I got mad and went inside.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

mobby_6kl posted:

i feel like, at 3:27 into the video, the twitchy irritated-looking guy playing with the headrests in a blazer with a mustache and some variant of aviators looks like the exact kind of man that purchased a Biturbo in 1985.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

chrisgt posted:

I work in Acton mass, so maybe an hour or so. Not bad. I know I can't do Friday or Tuesday. Maybe Wednesday, I'll have to see.

I'm sure there's something that could be retrofit, the issue is there's absolutely no space to get in there. I could barely unbolt the stupid thing. A retrofit would probably require dropping the transmission to actually get a good look at what's going on. I just bought one for now. If it fails again hopefully it's either rebuildable or belongs to the next person...

poo poo, I only got here at 9 and I'm about to leave. I can just ditch the thing outside the hangar and give you the address if you'd like, not sure if you can pick it up tomorrow or next week or something. I'll be back Friday and hopefully an evening or two next week so let me know what works for you.

Edit: I might be able to toss it on my roof and bring it to Marlborough but depends on timing.

Glad you got the slave cylinder working, that looks like a massive pain in the dick. Better to spend 90 than have to do it again.

kastein fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 18, 2019

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

kastein posted:

poo poo, I only got here at 9 and I'm about to leave. I can just ditch the thing outside the hangar and give you the address if you'd like, not sure if you can pick it up tomorrow or next week or something. I'll be back Friday and hopefully an evening or two next week so let me know what works for you.

Edit: I might be able to toss it on my roof and bring it to Marlborough but depends on timing.

Glad you got the slave cylinder working, that looks like a massive pain in the dick. Better to spend 90 than have to do it again.

Next week will probably work better, this week was so stuffed full of stuff I barely had time to breathe. I'm actually working at our other facility in Billerica for the next year or two, but that isn't too much further.

One thing that's really kinda got me annoyed is it appears the biturbo uses different keys (completely different shape etc) in the doors. I don't have the door keys... Which means I'll have to get blanks, remove a door cylinder, and cut my own keys. It just never ends.

EDIT: oh also, I changed oil in the toyota. Put the new tires in toyota trunk, took the rims off the biturbo and put them in the toyota. And bam, that's it.

chrisgt fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 19, 2019

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chrisgt posted:

One thing that's really kinda got me annoyed is it appears the biturbo uses different keys (completely different shape etc) in the doors. I don't have the door keys... Which means I'll have to get blanks, remove a door cylinder, and cut my own keys. It just never ends.

I remember Fords and AMCs in the 80s did the same thing.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Midjack posted:

I remember Fords and AMCs in the 80s did the same thing.

GM products too, up till they introduced VATS. Mid nineties or so, depending on which product specifically.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Indeed. My '70 Cutlass has round and square keys. Interestingly, the square key fits the doors and ignition, and the round key is trunk and glovebox, whereas later cars, like my previous '81 Buick used the round key for all opening locks. The square key was just for the ignition.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Yea, according to the manual there's yet another key for the glovebox... I couldn't care less about that one, though.
The 51 plymouth has iirc a round key handle for the ignition and a diamond shaped handle for the trunk. I don't think I've ever tried to lock the doors on that car so I'm not sure which (if either) work in the doors. It's a 3 on the tree, nobody gonna steal it :v:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

chrisgt posted:

Yea, according to the manual there's yet another key for the glovebox... I couldn't care less about that one, though.
The 51 plymouth has iirc a round key handle for the ignition and a diamond shaped handle for the trunk. I don't think I've ever tried to lock the doors on that car so I'm not sure which (if either) work in the doors. It's a 3 on the tree, nobody gonna steal it :v:

But you're worried about someone stealing the Biturbo. They'd make it like half a block before something broke. The cops will find them 2 blocks farther at AutoZone, screaming at the red shirt about the price of whatever thing failed.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

sharkytm posted:

But you're worried about someone stealing the Biturbo. They'd make it like half a block before something broke. The cops will find them 2 blocks farther at AutoZone, screaming at the red shirt about the price of whatever thing failed.

lol in order to price the part you first have to find it so this is unlikely

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

sharkytm posted:

But then you'd have to fix it without having gotten that three minutes of fun.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
This all reminds me of my Alfa 164 and the hell it was owning that car.

I loved it.

Good luck to you, sir.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

MrYenko posted:

GM products too, up till they introduced VATS. Mid nineties or so, depending on which product specifically.

First generation VATS cars still used a square and a round key.

VATS only refers to vehicle anti theft system, it doesn't specifically refer to the RFID chip most keys now use. In this case, GM used a resistor pellet in the square key. Their lower end cars (like mine) switched to using a resistor inside the ignition switch instead of an RFID chip, but the pellet and 2 key setup stuck around until 2002 on the Camaro (I think most everything else had moved away from the 2 key setup by 97 or 98).

The resistor setup is easy enough to bypass by cutting a wire, though you do have to do a re-learn (which takes 10-30 minutes) and you're stuck with a service vehicle soon + security light from then on (and you have to do the re-learn every time the battery goes dead or gets disconnected).

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

GM and Chrysler used the same key blanks for most of the 70s and 80s. GM were inserted teeth down, Chrysler teeth up.

And confirming Maserati used 3 keys, though I thought they were ignition, doors, fuel filler. Unless fuel filler was also glovebox :shrug:

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005

STR posted:

First generation VATS cars still used a square and a round key.

VATS only refers to vehicle anti theft system, it doesn't specifically refer to the RFID chip most keys now use. In this case, GM used a resistor pellet in the square key. Their lower end cars (like mine) switched to using a resistor inside the ignition switch instead of an RFID chip, but the pellet and 2 key setup stuck around until 2002 on the Camaro (I think most everything else had moved away from the 2 key setup by 97 or 98).

The resistor setup is easy enough to bypass by cutting a wire, though you do have to do a re-learn (which takes 10-30 minutes) and you're stuck with a service vehicle soon + security light from then on (and you have to do the re-learn every time the battery goes dead or gets disconnected).

I had to get a new key cut for my 96 lumina at one point and I didn't get the right resistor value apparently (and i needed it asap). So I cut the wire and literally the only thing that happened was the little security light was on all the time, no relearning or anything. Not sure what even the point of that "security system" is as the consequence for bypassing it is being slightly annoyed once a month when you glance at the light.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Depends on the year model I guess. On my car, if you cut it, you have to do a 30 minute re-learn (well, 3x 10 minute re-learns), then do that every time the battery gets disconnected. Then you have to deal with *DING DING DING* SERVICE VEHICLE SOON on the driver info display every time you start it, plus the security light being lit all the time. Both would drive me crazy. I've already had to do one re-learn (out of nowhere, hasn't happened since), and it prompted me to order a new OEM ignition switch. I've just been putting off swapping it in.

But mine has the resistor in the ignition switch instead of the key.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Darchangel posted:

Indeed. My '70 Cutlass has round and square keys. Interestingly, the square key fits the doors and ignition, and the round key is trunk and glovebox, whereas later cars, like my previous '81 Buick used the round key for all opening locks. The square key was just for the ignition.

Nissan/Datsun kept it up through the mid-80's. My '84 had round and square keys as well.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
I always assumed this was so that they could throw whatever steering column they had sitting there into the car, instead of having to match the door locks to the steering column when building the car.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

sharkytm posted:

The bigger issue is people steal the vagina clocks. They're actually hilariously valuable. Nobody would steal the car.
Also, if autozone sold parts for this I'd be stoked.

Also wow, I never wanted to know that much about GM keys.

The chinesium tires have been sitting for a long time in a warehouse and the beads were really close together. I couldn't get the seated with ratchet straps, the bead blaster on the tire machine, swearing at them, etc. We don't have a cheetah so I drove to the hardware store and bought something... Anyway, all the tires are mounted. Maybe I'll get home early enough tomorrow to drive it without getting the cops called for noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKyNevGWprI

chrisgt fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 21, 2019

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
:perfect:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Mounting tires for an Italian car with fire. Seems appropriate.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Put the tires on and took a quick test ride up and down the road. It's a craptacular video, but it proves the car runs. Exhaust sounds kind of awesome, but it's too loud. I'll fix that up this week.
It still probably won't be until mid next month until I get a day off to get tags. The antique tag BITURBO is available, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM22a7DEOlg

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
What about BITURDO?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Fermented Tinal posted:

What about BITURDO?

Yea, I considered that one, too. or just BITURD.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

BEETURB

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
That exhaust does sound good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chrisgt posted:

Yea, I considered that one, too. or just BITURD.

The dmv will probably not issue that one. They’re not known for senses of humor.