Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Please put in a cage and rally it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I'm pretty sure all biturbos have PO fuckery

The PO is Maserati.

chrisgt posted:

I'm going for something between these two

Ok, why are there two lines going to the front brake calipers. And why is the bleeder not at the top? How the gently caress are you supposed to get the air out with the bleeder in the middle of the caliper like that? wtf.

So... you’re going to pre-run stages in it as a sweep car?

Can you just hang the caliper down so the bleeder is on the top?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

chrisgt posted:

And no, it's not going to be used for rally of any sort, sorry. Rate the thread one star, get it gassed, idc. I want to take it to a hillclimb or two, though.

Anyway, on to the biturbo oil change. It needs a stupidass short little filter because something about the 425i means the swaybar is so close to the engine no other filter fits in its place. Nobody seems to have a solution for this. I have no idea. The mopar filter is the right everything besides height, so it should work, right?...

Well, good thing you only have to do that onc... oh, every time you change the oil? oh... (something, something, you'll only have to change it once because it's going to break down is the joke there but I assume you'll have this thing doing donuts on the ice too in no time).

Why hillclimbs vs. just playing around on stage? Just curious - it's your car and you're already doing way more than I could or would so no criticism here. (But certainly a selfish desire for video doing 3590 around a long sweeper.)

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

chrisgt posted:

I lifted the edge of one and cleaned the paint to make sure it was going to match.
I knew there were no holes drilled because I could see from the inside of the hood.
Someone on either IRC or snapchat suggested I cut the squares out and install glass so the weirdo engine could be admired...

Under the tires?

Cut the holes and put scoops made of clear plexiglass on.

I apparently have bad taste and liked the scoops, but it does look good with them off too.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Grakkus posted:

Real nice car you've got there sir. Way better without the tasteless scoops.

Polished without scoops really does look great.