Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Plain white trunks almost always make you look like you're wrestling in a diaper and I can't take you seriously, why do wrestlers still do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Choom Gangster posted:

Can we also talk about facepaint in here? Surfer Sting and Tama Tonga's are my personal faves.

Edit:

Additionally, my favorite gear was early WCW Jericho. His tights were always cool.

One of my favorite Jericho stories (possibly apocryphal, given the source) is that he lost his long tights during a flight, switched to trunks on short notice, then Vince saw him and was like "goddamn where have you been hiding those beefy thighs" and he wore the trunks ever since then.

You could do a massive effortpost on Jericho's gear and the way it perfectly matches his evolving character over the years. When he went to New Japan and became a crazy dad brawler he just wore regular pants, and it works so well.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Speaking of Nia, let us not forget the horrendous gear she wore on her NXT debut

Why someone looked at a plus-sized woman wrestler and decided on "skintight outfit with bright colors that calls attention to her weight in the worst possible ways" is beyond me.

She immediately ditched that for the black leather, which is still generic but at least doesn't look like a failed attempt at Sexy Magic Carpet cosplay.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I know he probably wrapped his feet and/or wore some kind of brace underneath, but I'm still impressed that John Cena wrestled in sneakers for like 15 years and his ankles are still intact.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think Tommy Dreamer got away with it back in the day since his whole gimmick was being an everyman schlub, which played well with ECW crowds who got behind him as an underdog.

He uh, doesn't quite get away with it today now that he's supposed to be a grizzled legend here to Teach These Kids a Lesson (which apparently means still wearing the dumb polka dots when Dusty's been dead for like 4 years at this point).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People wrestling in a T-shirt is a very controversial topic, but as a fair man, I'd prefer to go on a case-by-case basis as to whether it's a deliberate artistic choice or just trying to hide a beer gut.

In the case of Tommy Dreamer, I think we can all agree that nobody ever needs to see him shirtless, even in the 90s.