Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
You were not kidding about the other Louises being complete fuckups. :allears:

Ratoslov posted:

I hope Louis IV has a black eye for the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

EasilyConfused posted:

Well that was super uncomfortable...

I'm referring to Napoleon's silly accent, of course.

Amusingly, his voice actor, Tercelin Kirtley, was born in the US according to his imdb. Looking through his filmography, he works mostly in french, except for video game's credits (Quantic Dream). So the accent is a decision of the french director. I'm curious what a Corsican accent would sound in English though.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

cugel posted:

I'm curious what a Corsican accent would sound in English though.
"ARRR, ye mateys!"

Wait, that's corsair.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
Edit: NVM, reading comprehension fail on my part.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Louis 2 is so boned when we need help from Washington or the Duchess.

If we had not stared at boons and left her stuff alone, could we have passed?

(Mind you, Louis being a horny pervert is funnier)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cugel posted:

Amusingly, his voice actor, Tercelin Kirtley, was born in the US according to his imdb. Looking through his filmography, he works mostly in french, except for video game's credits (Quantic Dream). So the accent is a decision of the french director. I'm curious what a Corsican accent would sound in English though.

Italian was the official language of Corsica until 1859 and the Corsican language is related to Italian dialects, so Napoleon would have most likely sounded to our ears as an Italian. He was bullied for struggling with French as a child and even as an adult he never learned to write French well and had a distinct Corsican accent when he spoke (which was quickly, loudly, and in short sentences).

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

antibonapartists in paris would call him buonaparte, passive-aggressively, to disown him as the filthy italian he was

it was the make donald drumpf again of its time

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

QUEST 3.

Here's a big business breakfast with most of the cast, so speculation is no longer off the table. Mortimer's hiding, until Episode 2. Godoy... Godoy... is fashionably late.

There's still one more quest to Episode 1.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Boy I love this pacing! Having the Elizabeth Adams conversation (with plenty of Abigail Adams slander) followed by the servant sure feels natural.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
At 29:56 you can spot the Gates of Hell next to Saturn's painting, the sculptor is Auguste Rodin. Lots of anachronistic art.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

We learn more about Louis. We may be learning too much.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 1, 2019

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I am looking forward to seeing just how hosed up that book can get in the hands of IV.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Not as much as I would have liked, sadly.

A bonus outtake of Louis IV being smug :smug:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Fish Noise posted:

I am looking forward to seeing just how hosed up that book can get in the hands of IV.

I'm looking forward to just how hosed up his face can get, personally. I didn't think I'd be enjoying seeing just how far things can go wrong.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

cugel posted:

At 29:56 you can spot the Gates of Hell next to Saturn's painting, the sculptor is Auguste Rodin. Lots of anachronistic art.

It was all suppressed by the Patriots.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

And here are the other two guys, hitting the highs and the lows.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Is there any chance of a Louis V savant run where you broaden your skill choices as much as possible for all the challenges?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Got to this thread late but just caught up. I'm digging this game. Usually not a fan of talking adventure games, but something about this ones got charm and you're putting in good effort to show it all off. Glad I found the thread.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Louis IV is always the best.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I did really like the dialogue in the secret room.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Right? There's some great chemistry between Louis and Emily here.

"In your opinion, whaat would suit me best?"
"A crown of nettles."

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Louis I: Laudanum is actually already alcohol! Well, opium in alcohol. So that's a combo. Also what the gently caress.
The secret room was interesting though.

Louis II: Eh.

Louis IV: You poor failure. Also, WHAT THE gently caress.

I wonder: who is the cameo pendant a cameo of? Or what, I suppose.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Oh, Louis IV, what a loveable idio:catstare:

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Elizabeth no.

I did like the blatant Circe foreshadowing.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Watch this, vote that, now.

https://www.strawpoll.me/17982544

:commissar:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Wow, that was one hell of a chapter.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Clearly, Louis IV should stay dead up to that chapter that unlocked but until then, the other new twin brother, Louis V or other appropriate number should continue on up to that point by surviving this encounter by being only slightly more brilliant.

That is, if you can copy profiles or something, because I am VERY curious on why you can keep going.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I vote for stay dead until we hit that next chapter that is available

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Excited for this speedrun.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

I’m torn but am more curious how they write around this.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

If they didn't have 'I was executed' in the objectives I would've said you were just severely wounded and unconscious for the next few episodes, considering how low Jacques was aiming.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 13, 2019

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Oh, I see that I don't have to watch the episode now after these last few posts...

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

If you're not already watching the IV episodes just for the experience of Louis making extremely bad decisions rather than the final outcome I don't know what to tell you. I'm gonna ease off on the detaill, though.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Polsy posted:

If you're not already watching the IV episodes just for the experience of Louis making extremely bad decisions rather than the final outcome I don't know what to tell you. I'm gonna ease off on the detaill, though.

I've watched them all so far up until this latest episode, which I was planning to do so tonight.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Polsy posted:

If they didn't have 'I was executed' in the objectives I would've said you were just severely wounded and unconscious for the next few episodes, considering how low Jacques was aiming.
I mean considering it’s 1793 it might as well be

Bobsedgws
Jun 12, 2009
College Slice
Keep Louie IV as he is, lets see what craziness this game unleashes when we have no idea what's going on.

Bobsedgws fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 14, 2019

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've watched and voted. In future though, can people keep to the no spoiler rule in the OP? For instance: The death of the protagonist, even if it isn't the main playthrough.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I guess, the other Louis does something cool too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

That puzzle was interminable.