Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011

Thotimx posted:

I think our illustrious LPer has gone soft. He's playing a game that doesn't appear to suck. It's got some issues, sure, but clearly is far superior to … say … Knight's Contract. I think the strain is getting to him too. Seems to be reaching for things to be overly snarky about.

Or maybe I'm just reaching for things to talk about that others haven't said. This looks like it's going to be a fun journey.

I fully trust that this games story will break down into nonsense by the halfway point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Is Holm supposed to be aware of your psychic presence? Because that is not animated well.

It seems more like he's aware of the symptoms and possibility of Louis (or someone else) watching events through the eyes of others rather than being able to sense it himself, but yeah. Not handled terribly well.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011

Nick Buntline posted:

Wait, so, how did Louie IV survive? I didn't follow that conversation at all. Are they implying Mortimer knew Peru was planning to betray him, and so loaded his gun with fake ammunition or something?

Also, I assume Peru is dead in this timeline since Louie wasn't there to intervene? Or is this a case where he lives since Louie wasn't there to see the body?

I suspect Louis was either shot in the side or something like that or... he was magically healed, because it -does- sound like he was badly wounded.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Remember when our mom was panicking about us having a vision and waking up somewhere else? My guess is Louis is a demon or at least a half-demon.

I was thinking they might go the meta route of having the player be a demon.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Maybe the servant wouldn't be there in the other outcome with Peru? That'd still be strange, since that doesn't seem like the hardest thing to get around. They've done more extreme things. I'd guess it's the door animation thing, honestly.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Al Azif, found bound to a blood stained altar above the eighteenth hole of Persia.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
I definitely wasn't expecting Washington to take such a sudden turn towards being adorable.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
I'm honestly not sure if the game outsmarted me by subverting my expectation that the -player- would be a Daemon, or if I'm too clever for the game. Or something. I don't even know anymore but I am very excited to see more.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
They really couldn't help themselves with the Emily thing, could they?

I can't wait to see how Mortimer deploys his secret weapon... George.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Didn't Mortimer say something about Daemons making up, at the very least, Christianity, hence Dad Jesus.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011

Kitala posted:

So a) I suspect Mortimer poisoned Holms with the tea and b) is Holms telling everyone they’re brothers now or did I miss where that was common knowledge?

I was just wondering about the brothers thing too. I think the devleopers might have messed up. Or everyone's brainwashed so thoroughly they wouldn't notice.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
I don't think it's a normal poison. Mortimer says even to Louis IV that he should be able to resist dying from being poisoned or something to that effect but...

Mortimer also says something about there being certain types of things that can kill a Daemon... if the Holy Lance can do it too, then... it maybe it's like... the blood of Daemon Jesus Christ or something? Or some other artifact related to their father or another Daemon of religious significance?

The question is why that even kills Daemons to begin with. Mortimer said something about Daemons being roughly 'waves of sound' was it (or was that just their powers?)? In terms of physics? Maybe Daemons somehow interfere or cancel each other out? I'd have to rewatch a lot of videos and I'm not sure it's worth it, or if it'd help, let alone if the writers even kept it straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011

Buller posted:

Love that there was no text for Emilys sister, the masked servant man woman.

I suspect she was the Marchioness Emily became inseparable from but, well, we don't get told that in any way beyond the vague implication.